• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretinLady KestrelLittleRosewalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5053

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Doom - 16 August 2018 08:31 PM

Well, I cancel my vote for Shivers then, because 1) I don’t think it’s fair to retract or change votes in the process, and b) I finally finished Unavowed and want to replay it now since I don’t know what to make of it unless I see those other “paths”.

Nobody’s vote was changed. The person who attempted to vote twice simply had the second vote deleted. If it were me, I would have deleted the first vote as well as justifiable punishment for the attempted cheat.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

rtrooney - 16 August 2018 08:41 PM

Personally, I think the person in question should be banned from participating in the next three playthroughs.

I think Dale handled it nicely. Whoever it was owned up and has learned his/her lesson, and banning a user for the next three playthroughs might reveal who it was leading to further animosity on the forum. Let’s just forgive and forget.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I’m curious as to whom it was but I agree it’s better that we don’t know.  Also agree that “time served” should suffice for this most heinous of crimes.

And I just picked up the game so please don’t change your minds now!

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Oscar - 16 August 2018 09:04 PM
rtrooney - 16 August 2018 08:41 PM

Personally, I think the person in question should be banned from participating in the next three playthroughs.

I think Dale handled it nicely. Whoever it was owned up and has learned his/her lesson, and banning a user for the next three playthroughs might reveal who it was leading to further animosity on the forum. Let’s just forgive and forget.

What exactly do you think that learned lesson was? That you shouldn’t cheat? But if you do and privately fess up there are no consequences?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Lady Kestrel - 16 August 2018 08:58 PM

Doom,
I’m sorry, but the voting was over before you posted your retraction.  I’m not going to read through the entire thread, but I seem to remember that votes have been retracted in the past.  However, if this is something that needs to be changed, we should implement it for the next voting round.

I started writing my answer before the voting was over and before you posted. As I’m not a native speaker, it takes me some time to formulate my thoughts, especially since I wasn’t expecting to see so many votes and un-votes in the last few hours.

rtrooney - 16 August 2018 09:00 PM

Nobody’s vote was changed. The person who attempted to vote twice simply had the second vote deleted. If it were me, I would have deleted the first vote as well as justifiable punishment for the attempted cheat.

cyfoyjvx cancelled his/her vote in the last minute, when the score was 9/9. I don’t think it’s justified by someone’s attempt to cheat (although it probably wasn’t even an attempt since that person asked whether it counts or not) and especially politics (that Trump again? c’mon!).

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I think it was a pretty absurd action that was obviously going to be spotted (and thought there was a decent chance it was a joke at first) but do we really want to shame them publicly for such a minor transgression?  I’m sure they’re embarrassed enough to be found out by the mods (and at least one civilian).

If anything stuff like this aids “the other side” so it would have been very crafty of a Shivershead to pull this move. Grin

That was @ Tim.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Doom -

There is nothing in the “rules” that say a person cannot change his or her vote once it has been cast. So cyfoyjvx was well withing his or her rights to change the vote. The explanation as to why he/she did it was irrelevant.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

dumbeur - 16 August 2018 09:38 PM

If anything stuff like this aids “the other side” so it would have been very crafty of a Shivershead to pull this move. Grin

That was @ Tim.

I get it! Person A votes for Unavowed, but really wants to play Shivers. And, at the very end, when the vote is close, Person A does a cheat which will automatically skew to vote to Shivers. That’s a scheme too clever for even me to understand. But I like it.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

rtrooney - 16 August 2018 09:40 PM

Doom -

There is nothing in the “rules” that say a person cannot change his or her vote once it has been cast. So cyfoyjvx was well withing his or her rights to change the vote. The explanation as to why he/she did it was irrelevant.

Well, in this case I want my vote to be cancelled too. I started posting before the time ran out, and we are not in the court anyway, +/- 10 minutes are no big deal Smile

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

Doom - 16 August 2018 09:53 PM
rtrooney - 16 August 2018 09:40 PM

Doom -

Well, in this case I want my vote to be cancelled too. I started posting before the time ran out, and we are not in the court anyway, +/- 10 minutes are no big deal Smile

Well this is almost a mystery for Sherlock Holmes!

The question is, was the time really run out?

At 6:41 Lady Kestrel posted this:

Lady Kestrel - 16 August 2018 02:41 PM

The top two games are tied again, but a lot could happen in 5 hours and 45 minutes.  Smile

She then ended the voting at 12.24 which was 2 minutes early - however Doom’s post was still 5 minutes past the 12.26 deadline so even if the voting had ended on time would have been too late.

Elementary!  Laughing

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Just to remind ye all that the deadline is when the one handling the votes says it is over, and we can track all the previous CPT votings to see this.
and if that person in charge wasn’t in time to post “its over” then it is his/her fault first before anyone else because he/she should be responsible for considering time more than anyone else… who is more responsible for being late the voter or the manager of these votes?

plus LadyK accepted the retract of cyfoyjvx when the time was done as she says later,  isn’t retracting also falls under the time’s over policy, i mean she should not have applied his retracting, right?

edited, thought Ahenobarbusvote wasnt taken.

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

cyfoyjvx - 16 August 2018 09:57 PM

At 5:41 Lady Kestrel posted this:

The top two games are tied again, but a lot could happen in 5 hours and 45 minutes.  Smile

She then ended the voting at 12.24 which was 2 minutes early - however Doom’s post was still 5 minutes past the 12.26 deadline so even if the voting had ended on time would have been too late.

Elementary!  Laughing

Yes, but I spent good 10 minutes writing my answer. It used to be much longer, but I had to edit it, because it was a bit rude and kinda off-topic, plus I spend time fixing errors and re-reading the thread. I think mods have some tools to track the time I entered forums and compare it to the time I posted my answer. Investigation is not over yet.

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

Doom - 16 August 2018 10:13 PM
cyfoyjvx - 16 August 2018 09:57 PM

At 5:41 Lady Kestrel posted this:

Elementary!  Laughing

Yes, but I spent good 10 minutes writing my answer. It used to be much longer, but I had to edit it, because it was a bit rude and kinda off-topic, plus I spend time fixing errors and re-reading the thread. I think mods have some tools to track the time I entered forums and compare it to the time I posted my answer. Investigation is not over yet.

It’s a nice try, but tell your school teacher when your homework is late that you should not be deducted a grade because you already started writing it, and see how that works for you Smile

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

that is an inappropriate way to talk cyfoyjvx (to Doom), we are all grown men and school far behind us unless we are back to school, here, and the admins are our teachers

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

cyfoyjvx - 16 August 2018 10:22 PM

It’s a nice try, but tell your school teacher when your homework is late that you should not be deducted a grade because you already started writing it, and see how that works for you Smile

This actually worked quite well some 20 years ago. And adventure forums seem far less sophisticated to me, relying on too many fantasy elements compared to real world setting.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top