• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Lamplight City - Detective Adventure in an Alternate “Victorian” Past

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2006-12-19

PM

Just a small update: a new trailer is coming, as well as a major announcement! (Hint: it rhymes with “police gate”)

Meanwhile, here’s a couple more screenshots.

No game is complete without a sewer level

Being a private investigator means facing resistance from the police.

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Could it be Berenice fate? Tongue

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2006-12-19

PM

It’s “release date!”

Lamplight City will be out on September 13, 2018.

Here’s a new trailer:

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Finally!

I am sure it will be your best game so far.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Great Trailer. I don’t normally get excited about new games until there are at least a month of reviews/comments to back up what the developer thinks is the greatest game ever. This is an exception.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 262

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

When I heard you say in an interview that there weren’t going to be any puzzles, I was worried. Then I read a preview by a German gaming magazine. You kidder. The cases themselves are the puzzles! I love the fact that I have to think about the cases myself to solve them. I haven’t had a proper crime solving adventure for an eternity. Consider it bought.
Looks like I might have to play this one several times to solve everything. That’s nice.

Joined 2006-12-19

PM

LittleRose - 29 July 2018 04:02 PM

When I heard you say in an interview that there weren’t going to be any puzzles, I was worried. Then I read a preview by a German gaming magazine. You kidder. The cases themselves are the puzzles! I love the fact that I have to think about the cases myself to solve them.

To be fair I don’t think I ever said that the game didn’t have puzzles, just that it didn’t have an inventory or any “use item on hotspot/inventory combination” puzzles.

But yes, the cases themselves are the puzzles. You need to search areas, ask people questions, and figure things out in order to get the optimal solutions. You just don’t have to build wacky contraptions out of dozens of items you’re carrying around.

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

Sounds still awesome.

Joined 2006-12-19

PM

In case you weren’t sick of listening to me talk about Lamplight City:

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2018-08-20

PM

I’m really looking forward to this one…it looks awesome!  I can’t wait to sit down and actually play it.

It’s been a good couple months for adventures Smile

Point and Click:  An Adventure Game Podcast
Direct Link (Podbean) | iTunes

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

This month, there are six games from my wishlist about to be released. I’m still not 100% sure, but I think, I’m going to buy your game first. It’s one of the two most promising. The others will have to wait, because I’m so eager to play Lamplight City.
First there’s nothing for months, and then they all come on running.

Joined 2006-12-19

PM

Happy to announce that Lamplight City will also be available DRM-free on GOG!

https://www.gog.com/game/lamplight_city

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

Good to know. I prefer that.

Total Posts: 410

Joined 2018-09-09

PM

I created a forum account, specifically to say that I will definitely be purchasing this game* (the GOG version, as I simply cannot sanction DRM).  I’ve been a fan of Francisco Gonzalez’s games, ever since the Ben Jordan Case Files (easily some of the greatest fan-made efforts out there).  This new game looks gorgeous and I’m intrigued by the non-traditional nature of the puzzles.  Role-playing as a detective and solving cases by way of your own logic and deductions, sounds like a ton of fun.

Roll on the 13th!

* Now that I have an account, I’ll be sure to also post in other threads as well, mind you.  I’m a huge adventure game fan and have been a lurker on this forum for many, many years now.

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2014-05-09

PM

Lamplight City releases tomorrow, and Francisco (@Grundislav) gave me the game early to livestream. So here are some screens from his website some of the music from the main menu. It sounds GREAT so far.

You can talk to Francisco directly tomorrow Thursday September 13, where we are doing a developer commentary livestream at 1pm Pacific ~ 4pm Eastern ~ 9pm GMT. I’ll be playing the game and he will be adding commentary on behind-the-scenes info.

If you can’t make it and want me to ask him something specifically, just let me know. I’ll check in here before the stream.

~Gaming Livestreams served up with a soupçon of silly and a whole lot of story.~ https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJessaChannel

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top