• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Playthrough #2: Spider And Web

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Oscar - 15 September 2016 06:29 AM

It sounds more like someone forgot the key to the lab, rather than a spy infiltrated and sabotaged their compound and killed 3 guards.

They just think it’s a dead-end and that we’re trapped, so they have time. Pretty sure low-level guards wouldn’t know about a prototype teleporter.

I agree that there should be more “this bastard dropped down three of us”, though.

Lab description says that cabinet is connected too. Let’s investigate.

> x cabinet
> open cabinet
> x front
> x holes

Edit:

We dropped four of them, if you count the guy we stabbed with the tranquilizer pen, unless he’s woken up by now and is amongst them. And that interrogator hasn’t joined the guards either, so he’s still down as well.
Basically, we’re Jason Bourne. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>x cabinet
The cabinet is gray sheet metal, with rows of holes running down the sides. Clearly it is a modular rack, meant to have arbitrary equipment bolted inside and rearranged when necessary. The front is closed.

>open cabinet
Opened. The cabinet is stuffed with blocks of subcircuitry and nests of ribbon-wiring. There is a gap at one point, however, as if a single logic plate had been removed.

“One of the techs thinks there’s a cutter in South Storage,” someone reports.

>x front
You can’t see any such thing.

>x holes
You can’t see any such thing.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

We have a logic plate!

> put plate in cabinet
> close cabinet

> push upper button
> push lower button
> x display

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>get plate
(finding the logic plate under the papers)
Taken.

>put plate in cabinet
You slide the logic plate into the gap in the cabinet.

“Right, bring that over here.”

>close cabinet
You close the cabinet.

You hear a faint pop from the other side of the door. It is followed by vicious swearing.

>push upper button
There is a faint hum, and the display lights with a brightly colored waveform. The console readout blinks; it now says, “Ready.”

“I bet their equipment never fails just when it’s needed,” someone mutters.

>push lower button
The hum intensifies, coming from all around you.

The console readout blinks; it now says, “Accumulators charging: pulse in 5.”

“Look at the power readout. Something’s going on in there,” comes a worried mutter from outside. A louder voice calls, “Has the cursed Chief finished his cursed nap yet?”

>x display
The display shows a complex waveform. Several different components slice across the rectangle, like a rainbow of mountain ranges. You haven’t the least understanding of what they mean.

The console readout blinks; it now says, “Accumulators charging: pulse in 4.”

“Yes, he cursed has.” The tone is dry and amused, but the familiar voice chills you. “What’s the situation?”

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Gasp

Is that our old friend?

Total Posts: 181

Joined 2005-11-15

PM

Oscar - 15 September 2016 06:29 AM
Oscar - 15 September 2016 06:26 AM

“Got anywhere with the lock?” you hear. There is an irritated mutter in reply.

It sounds more like someone forgot the key to the lab, rather than a spy infiltrated and sabotaged their compound and killed 3 guards.

I don’t think those guards are dead. When you start shooing at them, the game says “Two of the guards are unconscious in as many heartbeats.”

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Hey, he’s up! Grin

Triggered by us pushing the upper button, so he can dramatically bust in just before we teleport out? Grin

You typed “get plate”, didn’t we get the papers and the plate and that black cube already?

What does that grey oval do?

> push grey oval
> turn grey oval

?

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 15 September 2016 07:14 AM

Gasp

Is that our old friend?

I wish the game gave us the option to kill him when we could. We KNOW he had no qualms about killing us!

Yeah, we’re better than they are, more human or less inhumane… I know.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Well I had to see how long we had so I may have restored before we got the plate. We can always redo it. Well, I can.

>push grey oval
As the pressure on the oval moves, the waveform on the display mutates—wave components slide up or down, shift color, change frequency. You cannot interpret the result… but a leap into the dark must be better than staying here.

The console readout blinks; it now says, “Accumulators charging: pulse in 3.”

“It’s under control, with’,” someone says calmly. “The target is trapped in the lab. We’re bringing up a cutter.”

>turn grey oval
You are unable to.

The console readout blinks; it now says, “Accumulators charging: pulse in 2.”

There is a choking sound. “Trapped in the—in—” In all the hours you spent in his chair, you never heard that voice lost for words.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 15 September 2016 07:23 AM

Gasp

Is that our old friend?

I wish the game gave us the option to kill him when we could. We KNOW he had no qualms about killing us!

I thought he just gave us autism. Which of course is soooo much better…

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 15 September 2016 07:25 AM

Gasp

Is that our old friend?

I thought he just gave us autism. Which of course is soooo much better…

HA! He also broke our skull on the white tiles of the interrogation room!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

We’re in a cold war situation. That’s why we’re using non-lethal force here. Killing the guards or the interrogator would be an act of war.

He on the other hand can kill us without problems because a) we’re trespassing and b) our government will deny they’ve ever heard of us to avoid an incident, because admitting they sent us would also be an act of war…

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 15 September 2016 07:27 AM

We’re in a cold war situation. That’s why we’re using non-lethal force here. Killing the guards or the interrogator would be an act of war.

He on the other hand can kill us without problems because a) we’re trespassing and b) our government will deny they’ve ever heard of us to avoid an incident, because admitting they sent us would also be an act of war…

So we can do as we please because our government will always deny our existence and anything we do. And they’re to blame too, equipping us with defective tools.

EDIT: Shouldn’t you do something? Pulse in 2!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Oscar - 15 September 2016 07:24 AM

“It’s under control, with’,” someone says calmly. “The target is trapped in the lab. We’re bringing up a cutter.”

There’s that “with’” again. The interrogator’s title / rank / name?

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 15 September 2016 07:30 AM

So we can do as we please because our government will always deny our existence and anything we do. And they’re to blame too, equipping us with defective tools.

Pretty sure that was the case with US and Russian spies during the Cold War, yes.
At least in the Hollywood interpretation of it. I have no experience with actual espionage. Smile Innocent

Oscar, we still need to get on the platform! Tongue

> step on platform

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top