• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonk

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Playthrough #2: Spider And Web

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>w

Diagonal Branch
This bare stretch of hallway angles from the northwest to the east; another short hall leads south.

Distant footsteps sound somewhere to the east.

>

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’d like to play but I’ve got things to do. Suggestion for next player(s): Let’s examine stuff in the interrogation room instead of replying.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Oscar - 10 September 2016 07:11 AM

Yes, but they were never a problem. I’ve just replayed the last section and you don’t need the scan scrambler turned on. The problem was we tried to cross the boundary with the wrench, which was detected by the scan-web.

I was a little confused about this as well. Now it’s clear, thanks.

Although I’m not sure which of the two red lines we crossed here…
Resetting to the first room instead of resetting to where we ended is a little taxing. Tongue

In fact, how does this Tee Junction connect to the previous part???  Sealed Lips

Karlok - 10 September 2016 07:58 AM

I’d like to play but I’ve got things to do. Suggestion for next player(s): Let’s examine stuff in the interrogation room instead of replying.

Good idea!

As for now:
> s

Let’s examine that short hall.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

TimovieMan - 10 September 2016 07:58 AM
Oscar - 10 September 2016 07:11 AM

Yes, but they were never a problem. I’ve just replayed the last section and you don’t need the scan scrambler turned on. The problem was we tried to cross the boundary with the wrench, which was detected by the scan-web.

I was a little confused about this as well. Now it’s clear, thanks.

Although I’m not sure which of the two red lines we crossed here…
Resetting to the first room instead of resetting to where we ended is a little taxing. Tongue

It’s the same dynamic that was in Hadean Lands. I like it because it allows you to experiment and destroy stuff ( Laughing ) without worrying about ‘unwinnable’ situations. If the game was continuous and real-time they would have to prevent you doing a lot of things, so I would expect a lot of “you can’t do that”.

>s
You take half a step and nearly trip as you turn. A woman is standing to the south, at the end of the hall. She leans on the frame of an open door, talking to someone in the room beyond. If you continue, she will certainly notice you.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

> listen to conversation

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>listen to woman
You can’t quite hear over the distance and the hiss of ventilation. From the few words you can catch, she’s arguing over how to structure the translation database, or something of that sort. It means nothing to you.

Distant footsteps sound somewhere to the east.

The woman nods and leans back.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

> w

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>w
Hallways run northwest, east, and south.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Grin

Okay, I’ll assume you meant “nw”

>nw
You return up the corridor, across the red line.

—glaring light…

[Hit any key.]

Interrogation Chamber (imprisoned in the chair)
You blink away memory. The dim room comes again into focus, and the man behind the desk.

“I don’t think so. There were people up and down the west corridor during that interval. You weren’t seen back there. Besides, it would hardly be elegant,” and he smiles very suddenly. “We’ve had that part of the story. Repeating it would be redundant, yes? Bad art.”

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

At least I now know how our current location links to the previous one. Grin

Time to examine stuff in the interrogation room, if the guy lets us.

> x interrogation room
> x desk
> x man
> x wall
> x chair
> x whatever else pops up Tongue

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>x room
You can’t see any such thing.

>x desk
The desk is panelled with ranks of controls and instruments. All, of course, are angled just too low for you to read.

>x man
He is greying of hair and lined, lined hard, not wrinkled. His pale uniform fits as comfortably as skin. It is immaculate; it bears no insignia but the emblem of his nation.

The man is holding a silver rod.

>x wall
The walls are naked metal, unadorned. They give your eyes nowhere to rest.

>x chair
The chair is every bit as uncomfortable as its designers must have intended. Metal slats dig into your thighs and shoulders. Your head is strapped back, with too many cold itches where the leads are pasted on. And, of course, the steel bands that bind your hands and feet. You can hardly forget those.

>x bands
Steel cuffs encircle your wrists and ankles, locking you to the chair. The heft of the bands leaves nothing to chance.

>x silver rod
It’s your lockpick, yes. A silver rod the size of your ring finger, splayed at one end into a flat disc of conductor-web matrix. You can’t make out, from this distance, whether it’s undamaged.

>x emblem
The man wears the light tan uniform of his nation, and its emblem on his breast.

>x self
Just yourself, somewhat the worse for rough handling. And worse yet that you are restrained in this chair, hand and foot, with sensor leads pasted to your temples.

“Well, I suppose art isn’t something you care about much,” the man says shortly. He touches a control.

...glaring light—

[Hit any key.]

Tee Junction
The white corridor runs east to west here, with a branch leading off to the north, and a closed metal door to the south. You can see that the east hall reaches a dead end a short distance away.

You hear footsteps somewhere to the north.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TIme to check the other way

>e

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>e

Dead End South
The corridor ends here, blank, with a single steel door on the north wall. The door is closed.

Distant footsteps sound somewhere to the west.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

>look at door
>open door

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>look at door
The door to the north is metal. As usual, it has a black sensor plate beside it. The door is closed.

>open door
It doesn’t open by itself.

Distant footsteps sound somewhere to the west.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top