• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiegrizzlypantsKeybordzSefirVeovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Text Parser Experiment

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

nomadsoul - 08 June 2016 01:47 PM

This is wat i was thinking when i said vertical slums

There is a huge eastern European looking building to your west. It has hundreds of apartments that look dirty and decrepit. A disgusting smell comes from the pile of garbage that surrounds the building

Hmm I think I was pretty close with the description without seeing you pic nomadsoul Smile

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Abnaxus - 08 June 2016 01:55 PM
nomadsoul - 08 June 2016 01:47 PM

This is wat i was thinking when i said vertical slums

There is a huge eastern European looking building to your west. It has hundreds of apartments that look dirty and decrepit. A disgusting smell comes from the pile of garbage that surrounds the building

Hmm I think I was pretty close with the description without seeing you pic nomadsoul Smile

Haha nice one, i was willing to post some buildings in Brazil too.
Old lady disappearing again got me, we could use her as guide or recurring character like Losthighway , lynchian nightmare characters, adding some twist…

Edit:
Old lady idea, Lauradern could fit too

P.S: Dont kill this character yet…:)

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

>look lady

You turn you head everywhere trying to find where she went off, you catch a glimpse of her around the corner of the next building, and there she disappears again.

>follow lady

You run toward the next building, where you have just seen her, but there, you find no trace of her, at all. An old woman which looks like a witch or just a crazy bum, sat there on the floor leaning her back against the building.

-“do you believe in destiny my child”, the woman spoke.
-“huh?”
-“but destiny believes in you”
As if she read your mind, she answers herself, but you are too busy to give her any attention.
-“wait, my child, there is a story you must be told”
-“what do you want lady, i am in a hurry”
-“you won’t find her, she was only destined to lead you to me, she has done her part”
-“yeah, right, and you are my heaven sent”
The woman ignores you smirky remark and continues her speech.
-“once upon a bye, there was a man around whom Destiny evolved. This man was nothing, worthless - but whatever he did, affected and changed the destinies of many others”, but this man was nothing, worthless, but whatever he did, had affected and changed the destinies of many other”
-“sorry mam, but i don’t see where this is going”
The woman just ignores your remarks and continues
“people believe that destiny is one track road, well, they believe right!, but it ain’t a straight line, from now and then, destines interfere and cause disturbance to the universe, but that man, that worthless man, was destined to fix it”
-“why are you telling this, woman?”
Again she totally ignores your remark
-“a drunk driver can change the destinies of those who are just passing by, but what of this driver, does he have density?
-“dah?!, do you know me, or do you just mind fucking everyone you see”
-“go then my child, there are other destinies than these”

and in a mind-blowing incident, the woman disappears in front of your eyes, no smoke or anything of those magicians tricks was involved, she just disappeared into thin air.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

As soon as she disappeared , you started to feeling numb, you fainted within a minute. You saw a dream of naked witches dancing around fire like performing promiscuous ritual, their chants hitting your head like high octane orgasm. You feel urge to join them.
Is this the Destiny the lady talked about? Are you connected or its just a lure.
You definetly are meant to have better luck than this. You pull it together and fight back the intensity of seducing chants, while waking up in the shards of tattered nightmare…that left you searingly awaken and more revotingly alive

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

>Look around

In your your closest environment, you found a hotdog stand, a rundown gas station and vertical slum is at the back in distance. Looks like you came a long way after chasing the mysterious old hag

>Goto Hotdog stand

>Examine owner
Owner is busy making delicious hotdogs, flesh looks tempting, but who knows if this is human or kosher

“Kebab , dogs , warm dogs in your belly, kebabs , dogs….yelled the owner”
“What brings you here kiddo”, a gravy voice grabs your attention.
You turn back to look , and you see a bulky tall guy infront of you, you can see he is pissed or had a bad day and you dont want to get on his bad side
“I said wat brings you here stranger shitshow”, you felt the air of intimidation around you.
“Just passing by to have some food”
“Well thats not convincing shitface, dont forget i will be watching you”, and he went away just like that.

>Examine stand

You caught a glimpse of a torn flyer , adverstising Witches coven,
“Join the Coven and live the Sabbat”

>Ask hotdog owner about Coven

“Kebab , dogs , warm dogs in your belly, kebabs , dogs…hotbelly”

Looks like he only means business

>Goto Gasstation

>Examine station

“Sign reads, Pyre Texxan Station”

>Talk to lady
Well, hello handsome, wat can i you do you for…
She looks happy to see you
“Can i get a smoke”
“Give me a favor, first”
“Need to buy a hotdog, can you buy me one”
“How about my hotdog”, you suddenly realize you are not seeing what you are seeing.
“Wat the”
“Yeah honey, you guessed it right, rule of hotdog reciprocity around here “
You are feeling hungry, you need info, you need smoke ... one action away…
Will you do it?
Maybe the Destiny rant by old hag has been set in motion already…

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

an English grammar question,
when i said “a man whose Destiny evolved around him ” was it understood that i meant ‘Destiny’ in general not this man Destiny, as Whose as Which? not whose as His?  was it confusing or may have i phrased wrong?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Advie - 10 June 2016 10:51 AM

when i said “a man whose Destiny evolved around him ” was it understood that i meant ‘Destiny’ in general not this man Destiny, as Whose as Which? not whose as His?  was it confusing or may have i phrased wrong?

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Advie - 10 June 2016 10:51 AM

If you referred to ‘a man whose shoes were shiny and red’, the shoes would belong to the man. So ‘a man whose Destiny…’ would mean the Destiny in question belongs to the man. You could try:

-“once upon a bye, there was a man around whom Destiny evolved. This man was nothing, worthless - but whatever he did, affected and changed the destinies of many others”

or maybe:

-“once upon a bye, there was a man. Destiny evolved around him, but…”

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Thank you Phlebas!
i edited my previous input.

and Mike don’t be a Wino and come back we are cool Man
Wink

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Experimental game Advie Ammonia got cancelled or wat?

Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top