• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleseagulSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Text Parser Experiment

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

btw My dad is really PhD/doctor in Chemistry Laughing and i asked about this subject.
  this/the hero would need to wear the welder’s mask for protection of the chain explosion, or maybe urinate at some kinda glass container and throw from far away at the chain Grin

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Advie - 07 June 2016 04:27 PM
Advie - 06 June 2016 04:57 PM

>X acetylene tank

you read the tag on the cylinder ‘..chemical compound with the formula C2H2’, and suddenly it struck your mind that you know a lot about chemistry, its doesn’t matter how do you know, but one thing seems to jump right into your mind, and you remember it with certainty; Acetylene is unstable substance, and if mixed with Ammonia, forms Silver Salts which is explosive.

i had a very original puzzle the was never encountered at adventure gaming before but now with the door open, its ruined, the puzzle solution to open the office door WAS to spray Acetylene on the chains and THEN Urinate(Ammonia) on it

Main entry to slum was blocked by henchmen, so you had to find another way. Give favor to some hooker near by and she will reveal you back door entrance with chains, there you could urinate to open, voilaaaa
You just have to think scenarios…

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

nomadsoul - 07 June 2016 04:44 PM
Advie - 07 June 2016 04:27 PM
Advie - 06 June 2016 04:57 PM

>X acetylene tank

you read the tag on the cylinder ‘..chemical compound with the formula C2H2’, and suddenly it struck your mind that you know a lot about chemistry, its doesn’t matter how do you know, but one thing seems to jump right into your mind, and you remember it with certainty; Acetylene is unstable substance, and if mixed with Ammonia, forms Silver Salts which is explosive.

i had a very original puzzle the was never encountered at adventure gaming before but now with the door open, its ruined, the puzzle solution to open the office door WAS to spray Acetylene on the chains and THEN Urinate(Ammonia) on it

Main entry to slum was blocked by henchmen, so you had to find another way. Give favor to some hooker near by and she will reveal you back door entrance with chains, there you could urinate to open, voilaaaa
You just have to think scenarios…

Or you could just urinate on the hooker to show dominance… wait no, that`s Postal.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

congrats guys you have killed the thread

but just to make a point C2H2+NH3= (Look it up)

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Advie - 08 June 2016 08:44 AM

congrats guys you have killed the thread

but just to make a point C2H2+NH3= (Look it up)

In all fairness Advie, I think the thread has only died as far as the direction you wanted it to go. The “experiment” of having multiple different, totally unconnected people participate in creating a text adventure, each with their own ideas of how the story should progress, without any definitive direction to start with, was an interesting social concept. And it was pretty much doomed to fail if those participants wanted to take the story progression in a way other than you, or I or anyone else thought it should go.

At post #27 you suggested reloading to post #20, I assume because you didn’t like the direction things went after that. For example, If you had completed your idea at post #20 (blowing up the chain with your acetylene/ammonia combo), I wouldn’t have had the opportunity to use all those inventory items at post #21 to access the office the way I did. And I created the death scenario to be funny, thinking at the time that the next poster would “undo” the last step (entering the office by way of the fallen door) because they might have seen the oily pit beneath it and realized it might be dangerous. Or I could have done the “undo” myself, and then pointed out the danger so the next poster could avoid it.

After your OP, the next several posters (diego, Phlebas, you, Oscar, Dara100, Abnaxus, myself) inched toward what I thought was a relatively straightforward approach to getting out of the garage. We looked at our surroundings, figured out how to escape the bed, found some inventory items, and worked on getting the office door open. And I thought it was FUNNY! But you really can’t fault nomadsoul (or anyone else for that matter) for going off in a direction that was completely different than the one you envisioned because, again, there was no concrete direction given from the start on how the “experiment” should progress.

All well run experiments need structure, a firm set of unbreakable parameters that everyone must follow in order to achieve the expected end result. If those parameters aren’t set from the beginning, it allows for creative freedom to take over, which is exactly what you got here. So does that make this thread (the “experiment”) a failure? In my opinion, it doesn’t. It just proves people are diverse, and sometimes have conflicting ideas on how “things” (i.e.: story lines, plot progression, life, etc.) should go. So, I don’t think anyone really tried to “kill” the thread…..

….and, the thread doesn’t necessarily need to die. If you wanted to, you could now set some rules and “restore” the game (or “experiment”) from wherever you like.  Grin

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Please dont put words in my mouth
My imply over the thread death has nothing with your direction of opening the door nor the direction of groundhog day that nomadsoul had taken, or even my unused solution (that i mentioned not out of demanding, but only expressing* what would have i done if it was my turn to open the door, just side talk since we are playing together)  but its the last comment concerning making fun of (already unusable) idea, which had bothered me, that was not just off-topic but doesn’t do the game anygood but discouraging people from continuing,, so my post about the thread death was just a hunch.

plus i had followed each one choice from the start, even you, i have taken your strange inventory very seriously and made research about, to come up with this chemical idea/reaction, so please consider your accusations before you write them, and again don’t put words (and actions) in my mouth.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Advie - 08 June 2016 12:01 PM

My imply over the thread death has nothing with your direction of opening the door nor the direction of groundhog day that nomadsoul had taken, or even my unused solution (that i mentioned not out of demanding, but only expressing* what would have i done if it was my turn to open the door, just side talk since we are playing together)  but its the last comment concerning making fun of (already unusable) idea, which had bothered me, that was not just off-topic but doesn’t do the game anygood but discouraging people from continuing,, so my post about the thread death was just a hunch.

plus i had followed each one choice from the start, even you, i have taken your strange inventory and made research about, to come up with this chemical idea/reaction, so please consider your accusations before you write them, and again don’t put words (and actions) in my mouth.

Chill, Mike said to hop in so joined otherwise enjoying you guys , later you said welcome to continue so i made a wasteland type location, in anycase your piss ammonia door breaker stuff can be added later. Its not end of the game anyway.
If still you guys wanna delete my groundhog post and twist , delete and continue from there, np.

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Come on guys, nothing is lost, I think nomadsoul gave it an interesting SF vibe.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i m chilling, but seem you didn’t read my post well, i said i didnt have any problem at ALL with any post or solution, it seems my only fault and i should not have said was telling about what i had in mind, it’s like when you are at one of those playthroughs and one goes i wish this puzzle had been solved differently, does this change how it been solved or anything. cool?  Thumbs Up

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Advie - 08 June 2016 12:49 PM

i m chilling, but seem you didnt read my post well, i said i didnt have any problem at ALL with any post or solution, it seems my only fault and i should not have said was telling about what i had in mind, its like when you are at one of this playthrough and one goes i wish this puzzle had been solved differently, does this change how it been solved or anything. cool?  Thumbs Up

Well few things, you guys are creative enough to make the narrative goto places.
Your idea could have been fitted anywhere, like doors are common to encounter, so the situation around it.
Your first post already was open ended for the story to go anywhere, i just took the liberty.
Its an Experiment anyway, dosnt matter it fails or succeed , just let it continue and post

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

nomadsoul - 08 June 2016 12:56 PM

Well few things, you guys are creative enough to make the narrative goto places.
Your idea could have been fitted anywhere, like doors are common to encounter, so the situation around it.
Your first post already was open ended for the story to go anywhere, i just took the liberty.
Its an Experiment anyway, dosnt matter it fails or succeed , just let it continue and post

GREAT!!, now we are talking.
Ab are u there? maybe you can take the next post, that if you would like to
? Laughing

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Hey I`m Ab ? Cool, now I have a nickname to my nickname Smile Ok let`s move forward although I need a little time because my English skills are those of a 10 year old.

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Advie - 08 June 2016 12:01 PM

plus i had followed each one choice from the start, even you, i have taken your strange inventory very seriously and made research about, to come up with this chemical idea/reaction, so please consider your accusations before you write them, and again don’t put words (and actions) in my mouth.

You see, this is what’s wrong with people (often from very diverse backgrounds) trying to communicate in a format such as this. I wasn’t trying to convey any accusations, and I certainly wasn’t trying to put words in your mouth. If you feel I did, I apologize. If we were sitting across a table drinking a whatever and having this conversation, we could see each others expressions and other non-verbal actions and quite possibly understand that no ill-will was intended.  Smile

I’m not always the best at writing down my thoughts without coming across in a way I don’t mean to. I need to stop using words like “you” and “your” when I’m really trying to indicate inclusiveness. I really wasn’t trying to say that you thought any part of the thread (or experiment) was a failure, either. That was me just trying to indicate that I didn’t think it was. I thought about going back and editing my post at #35 in the hopes of coming off less accusatory, but it proved to be too difficult and disjointed. It probably wouldn’t have helped, either.

I still think the experiment is/was fun, no matter which direction it takes or took. I loved your chemical reaction idea, I enjoyed nomadsoul’s groundhog day curve ball, and I thought (almost) all the other posts added to the progression, whatever that might be or have been.

Peace! And please continue!  Thumbs Up

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

This is wat i was thinking when i said vertical slums

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

>Look at Vertical slum building

There is a huge eastern European looking building to your west. It has hundreds of apartments that look dirty and decrepit. A disgusting smell comes from the pile of garbage that surrounds the building

> Go west

You approach the vertical slum and see a surprisingly good looking sign that says with green neon letters NOX NIGHTS. A rusted arrow that it`s in contrast with the shiny sign points towards the basement.

>Enter basement

As you go down the stairs you bump into that old woman that let you out of the garage but before you could say anything she disappears… again.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top