• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Text Parser Experiment

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

>force open door

although the metal chain is rusted you are not able to break it with your bare hands

>use crescent wrench on metal chain

the crescent wrench has no effect on the metal chain

>use crescent wrench on metal scraps

with some small twists and turns you manage to unscrew the metal straps. The door is still locked with the chain but now you can see outside

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

>look outside office door

Peering through the opening of the office door, you see a cutting torch attached to a dual oxygen/acetylene hose on the floor, just within reach.

>take cutting torch with hose

You don’t have a hose.
(...picky f’ing parser!)

>take cutting torch attached to hose

Taken.

>Look around garage

Now that you’re no longer strapped to the bed, you make a more thorough sweep of the garage. Below the lift rack you see an oil-change pit, the area where a mechanic would stand under a vehicle to have access underneath it for maintenance purposes. In the pit you see an oxygen tank and a book of matches.

>take oxygen tank and matches

Oxygen tank: taken
Matches: taken

>Examine oxygen tank

Hefting the oxygen tank you notice the gauge on the neck which indicates it is full.
(Hmmm….full oxygen tank, full acetylene tank, cutting torch on a hose, left-handed metric crescent wrench, welder’s mask, matches, catcher’s mitt…..Voila! I could make a…a…

....I have no idea. Now, if only I could find a way to cut through that office door chain….)

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

If i had money, would have given my money to you guys to make a text AG,pretty good job, keep going…

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

>Examine oxygen tank

On second glance you notice a woman sticker art on front, woman resembles Vera farmiga, which you faintly recognize from your past.
Her image triggers tattered illusions of your past, your family and friends, all but foggy memories. You question your presence here and your feelings are tossed upon the tides of pain and anguish that brought you here, who are you, why are you are? You ask.
Maybe more images or objects can trigger more memories about yourself

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

>X acetylene tank

you read the tag on the cylinder ‘..chemical compound with the formula C2H2’, and suddenly it struck your mind that you know a lot about chemistry, its doesn’t matter how do you know, but one thing seems to jump right into your mind, and you remember it with certainty; Acetylene is unstable substance, and if mixed with Ammonia, forms Silver Salts which is explosive.

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

>connect hose to oxygen and acetylene tanks
You loosely attach the hose to the tanks.

>tighten hose with left-handed metric crescent wrench
You turn the connector nuts with the wrench until they bottom out on the tank fittings, being careful not to over-tighten them and strip the threads.

>open tank valves
You open both tank valves. You hear a hissing sound coming from the torch.

>close cutting torch valve
Closed.

>wear welder’s mask
You put on the welder’s mask. Everything within your field of view gets exponentially darker.

>light match, open torch valve, light torch with match
Light match: done.
Open valve: done.
Light torch: done.

>cut metal chain on office door with torch
You super-heat the chain with the torch. This only serves to weaken the chain significantly without cutting all the way through it.

>extinguish torch
Done.

>remove welder’s mask
Done.

>yank the chain
You can’t…it’s too hot.

>use catcher’s mitt to yank chain
Done. The chain comes apart with a loud “snap”.

>push office door
Done. With the metal straps and chain removed, the door falls over with a loud crash. You now have access to the office (to the south).

>enter office
As you step on the door to enter the office, you realize too late that it has been substantially weakened from falling over. The door folds over on itself from your weight, sending you spiraling into a previously unseen pit filled with old, used motor oil. Unable to escape, you slowly sink deeper and deeper into the pit and suffer a hideous death by drowning in the fetid, viscous motor oil. Oh well, at least it wasn’t antifreeze.

********YOU HAVE DIED!********

Do you wish to Undo, Restore, or Quit?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Restore

You wake up in a garage filled with useless old cars and junk, blood dripping from your forehead, its blurring your vision, you are about to grasp your head. You realize you have been here lately, and yet you were not, is this a looping nightmare? You ask, as you try to recall the surroundings and its familiar nature.

->Examine bed

The bed made of wood, you are lying on a worn out mattress with springs bursting out of it.

>yell

You shouted like a hooker in church, and then all of sudden two henchmen came from the office door unloading shotgun on your head

********YOU HAVE DIED!********

Do you wish to Undo, Restore, or Quit?

Restore

You wake up in a garage filled with useless old cars and junk, blood dripping from your forehead, its blurring your vision, you are about to grasp your head. You realize you have been here lately, and yet you were not, is this a looping dream? You ask, as you try to recall the surroundings and its familiar nature.

>Scream

You screamed like a hooker on drugs, and an old lady came from the office door

>Look at lady

Lady is staring at you like she has seen a ghost

>Examine lady

Seems to be in 50s, but physically in athletic shape

>Ask for help

Before you finished your sentence she took the opportunity to steal all your items and escaped, perhaps a vagrant scavenger, atleast you are in one piece

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

nomadsoul i knew that this might happen, so i made a save that is a bit further, at least you don’t have to restart this strange game from the begining.
here is that

Save File

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Advie - 06 June 2016 09:48 PM

nomadsoul i knew that this might happen, so i made a save that is a bit further, at least you don’t have to restart this strange game from the begining.

here is that Save File

Hey Advie….what happened to the off-topic blue text??!?   Crazy

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

here is that

Save File

Its not from the start, i made the basic plot similar to groundhog day here, when protagonist will die he will restart in garage but with things that happened in past as reality or not plus some lynchian nightmare loop plus FSR, dream within a dream etc.He can keep items too after dying if you want it that way , thats why he wasnt tied or had tape on mouth on re awakening…
Also if he will sleep on any new sofa,couch,bed etc later that will serve as respawning groundhog location…its more interesting and nothing to do with save.
You can press F5 for quick saves Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Mike the Wino - 07 June 2016 01:19 AM

here is that Save File

Hey Advie….what happened to the off-topic blue text??!?   Crazy

Advie got carried away Wink

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i might have got carried away, yeah, but i edited it in color, i don’t remember blue was the code we agree on using but just some color instead of black.

plus now i cant see where this is going, some one needs to step up and fix this dead end, we were so close of getting out of the garage, i suggest we restore to the end of post#20, i do actually have a very nice idea, but i just woke, and need to do some deeds, if anyone wanna step in before i can, he is welcome.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Advie - 07 June 2016 12:44 PM

i might have got carried away, yeah, but i edited it in color, i don’t remember blue was the code we agree on using but just some color instead of black.

plus now i cant see where this is going, some one needs to step up and fix this dead end, we were so close of getting out of the garage, i suggest we restore to the end of post#20, i do actually have a very nice idea, but i just woke, and need to do some deeds, if anyone wanna step in before i can, he is welcome.

Reality shifts after each awakening but you carry your items, now that old took away the items, main office door is unlocked from where she came

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

>Look walls

Walls of garage are covered with blood and feel organic, like veins coming out of them, breathing

>Examine walls

You can sense some alien presence, breathing , moaning , veins so palpable…

>Examine Door

You notice that Old lady left the door open in a hurry….she definitely was not the one holding you captive.

>Open Door

As you opened the door , you found yourself in a vast desert, auto junkyard nearby, junkies at distance, and huge abandoned towers covering the skyline. It was sunny still and you took a breath of relief, from your recent mad trip

>Talk to junkies

Too overdosed to respond…

>Examine Flyer on the Floor

Flyer has an ad of a Dancing club, situated in the vertical slum, called Nox Nights. Vertical slum building looks like the building nearby…Maybe there someone can give you some info…

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Advie - 06 June 2016 04:57 PM

>X acetylene tank

you read the tag on the cylinder ‘..chemical compound with the formula C2H2’, and suddenly it struck your mind that you know a lot about chemistry, its doesn’t matter how do you know, but one thing seems to jump right into your mind, and you remember it with certainty; Acetylene is unstable substance, and if mixed with Ammonia, forms Silver Salts which is explosive.

i had a very original puzzle the was never encountered at adventure gaming before but now with the door open, its ruined, the puzzle solution to open the office door WAS to spray Acetylene on the chains and THEN Urinate(Ammonia) on it

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top