• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Suda51’s The Silver Case

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

I want to join in on the fun but need to finish La-Mulana. I am 2/3rd into the game. It’s so long. Nomadsoul will know.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Finished, my rating 10/10….
Way ahead of its time in story and themes.
Now to spoilers and connections, all in all its not acid trip, but to make sense out of characters motive , you need to remember names by heart.
Also, Transmitter are main cases, written by suda.
Placebo is a story from different perspective from other guy, written by some other guy than Suda. But Placebo fills all loopholes of main Transmitter story line.
Like Handinkiller7 does for K7.

Sumio is same Sumio of FSR with different alias
Peter is Kusabi, to check on Sumio and snap him out of dream in the end of FSR, hence the last scene which is graphic novel ver of Kusabi
Tokio from Placebo is same Tokio of FSR
FSR heroine exists only in sumio head, hence the Film Source code like Groundhog stuff
I was blown away how characters were developed and didnt guess that they could be fuckstick evil as Kusabi put it, Sumio has terrible past and evil, orchestrated shit on the whole city , Kusabi is a cleaner of Kamui offshoots, Hachisuka to whatnot all Kamui and most of them dont know it
Kasubi is a badass mother****** as his language puts it, really liked his character and dialogues
Kamuidrome was prescient breakdown of current net culture, when the chat sessions said, hmmm those legs, going to bust a nut, its happening everywhere to twitch streams or youtube now….
Kamui as actual assassin, then hired guns then hired players then copycat phenomenons then Shelter stock kids getting trained as social players in different organizations, shit got bonkers with twists by the end

Rika,kojima,kotaro etc all feel like fanfiction against Suda writing, his understanding of human psyche and postmortem of post modern culture is work of a mad genius.
From Macro institutional politics to micro human level pshycho analysis.
It touches almost all matters of human life, deep self meditation.
Wish i had it played it earlier to have better life lesson.
Also explains why he is not writing and making f2p games now. Smile
Amazing translation and of course M.Takada music just takes experience to another level.
Art also helps alot, its not your typical anime stock art that almost all visual novel have since ages. Presentation and style keeps on changing, like K7, its mix of different format.
Anime and liveaction are in psx format but fits the earlier net 56k era it talks about.

Dont expect much on gameplay terms. Its serviceable but nothing to write home about.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 09 October 2016 06:28 AM

I want to join in on the fun but need to finish La-Mulana. I am 2/3rd into the game. It’s so long. Nomadsoul will know.

I finished La mulana in 3 hrs.
Maybe i am good at Cvania or spelunky.
But shit is addicting with catchy music.

SC is 12 hrs.
Take your time.
I am pissed that we dont have same writing in any game nowadays.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

nomadsoul - 09 October 2016 08:41 AM

I finished La mulana in 3 hrs.

No you didn’t. Speedruns clock in at 1:40, and that’s once you know the solution to the most complicated puzzles before hand.

Or are you talking about the first version of the game with MSX graphics?
I am playing the updated one.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Decoyman ending is…  Gasp

Nomad, should I play the Yume chapters/Placebo when they show up or just leave them and continue the main story and leave them to the end?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 09 October 2016 12:20 PM

Decoyman ending is…  Gasp

Nomad, should I play the Yume chapters/Placebo when they show up or just leave them and continue the main story and leave them to the end?

Your call, its parallel stuff so it give you answers from different perspective.
But if you want wtf plot with some unanswered questions and motives of some characters,
play Transmission first and come later. I played in sequence so i dont know if you can skip them all and play all Transmitter first.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 09 October 2016 06:28 AM

Nomadsoul will know.

Origami - 09 October 2016 09:11 AM

No you didn’t

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

I knew you beat the game thanks to my solid deductive reasoning.
No way you beat it under 3 hours on your first playthrough.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 09 October 2016 02:29 PM

thanks to my solid deductive reasoning.

No way

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

This game’s gui really tried my patient.What’s the meaning of always floating words,
lines,colors etc.and endless typwriting sound.All this maybe acceptable on handheld
devices but on pc plain nauseating.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Gabe - 09 October 2016 04:04 PM

This game’s gui really tried my patient.What’s the meaning of always floating words,
lines,colors etc.and endless typwriting sound.All this maybe acceptable on handheld
devices but on pc plain nauseating.

Get used to it.
It will grow on you.
Thats part of Suda presentation, you cant shut it off, square boxes will shift on characters to show who is talking but that too is obtuse on purpose.
Plus its PSX era title.

They should release it on 3ds and other portables though.

Edit

There is not much to loose your braincells on words floating, just the text and
shifting Square box are important to show who is talking when.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

What I find more weird is that they stopped translating the floating text after the first case (I think), at least it makes it less distracting

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 09 October 2016 06:14 PM

What I find more weird is that they stopped translating the floating text after the first case (I think), at least it makes it less distracting

This game is injection of complex source.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 10 October 2016 10:08 AM
wilco - 09 October 2016 06:14 PM

This game is injection of complex source.

Yeah, I’ve started parade, styles keep changing, FMVs one minute, changing to animations next, to black and white Thumbs Up

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The ending of parade…

I’m going to have to play that placebo to try to make sense

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top