• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceandiegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady KestrelTimovieMan

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Suda51’s The Silver Case

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

The recently launched PC remaster of The Silver Case is coming to PlayStation 4. NIS America will publish the PlayStation 4 version in North America and Europe as both a physical and digital release in early 2017

Double dip

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

What the hell did I order the phsyical PC copy for if it’s not to become a rare item anyways.

Thanks Nomadsoul.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 20 October 2016 12:52 PM

Thanks Nomadsoul

You are welcome

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Gameplay wise would you say The Silver Case is comparable to something like Snatcher? Saw this up on NISA Europe’s site and would like to play if there are puzzle/action elements.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

thejobloshow - 25 November 2016 05:30 PM

Gameplay wise would you say The Silver Case is comparable to something like Snatcher? Saw this up on NISA Europe’s site and would like to play if there are puzzle/action elements.

No its an oddball like all Suda games.
Try steam Demo, Lunatics Prologue chapter, save progress carries over, thats the whole gameplay structure for the rest of the game.
What follows is best story in any medium
Its prescient and prophetic.
Its full of profane, gritty and mature stuff and get twisted in the end with irritating sections to push story forward.
i pushed through all that because writing,music and characters i found best in any medium.
Some solid written Manga levels good.
I never found Snatcher menu based storytelling good, i think these types were good for PSX era.

Best review there,

Sub this guy origami and wilco he covers lots of japanese gems in all genres.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Silvercase Documentary released,

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 29 November 2016 12:54 AM

Silvercase Documentary released,

Thumbs Up

I’ll have to check it later

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Found this port release too little,too late.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Gabe - 29 November 2016 04:08 AM

Found this port release too little,too late.

Ans to this in Documentary but yes its not commercial, none of the Suda games were nor they will be
Suda and Swery are an acquired taste, once you 65 you cant 51

Deadlypremonition and Silvercase have best story out there in gaming medium.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

nomadsoul - 29 November 2016 05:23 AM

MGS3 would disagree.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 29 November 2016 08:24 AM
nomadsoul - 29 November 2016 05:23 AM

MGS3 would disagree.

In 1964 dead people come to life call trees to block path, thats something even FF or Diablo cant do
love bloom on the battlefield
Meoooooowwwwwww

nope

Origami - 29 November 2016 08:24 AM

MGS2 would disagree.

Fixed Smile

edit

i meant 2 of the best
Ofcourse there are games like Sotc,Soulreaver/Bloodomen, W3, DeusEx etc

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

nomadsoul - 29 November 2016 08:35 AM

In 1964 dead people come to life call trees to block path, thats something even FF or Diablo cant do
love bloom on the battlefield
Meoooooowwwwwww

lol come on, The Sorrow boss battle is like 1/50th of the game.
I don’t remember someone getting a tree to block the path though.
I assume this is related to The End but as I recall he only had a photosynthesis ability and couldn’t control nature.

And FFIX has a sentient forest that blocks your path.

MGS3’s story execution is close to perfect imo. You have a story that is a continuation of the franchise but also really stands well on its own. You could have someone play MGS3 as their first MGS game and they would equally enjoy it. The game also provides hours of optional codec conversations. Story is educational as well as it blends fiction with history. It enters a multitude of genres like war historical/spy/drama/comedy/sci-fi and a bit of horror successfully.

Did I mention one of the most emotional impactful endings to a game, with a good double twist to boot? Also The Boss is one of the best villains.

The only criticism I could have is the heavy exposition in the beginning of the game. But for me that wasn’t an issue as I was a fan of MGS at the time, but it could put off newcomers.

MGS3 and the Last of Us are two of those stories that people who watch movies and shun videogamess really miss out on.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

For some reason I was thinking MGS4 was the third one, and I was wondering what you were smoking, Origami.  Yum  That one just seemed like a mess to me, and was the only one in the series I didn’t enjoy much.

3 was good, but it was so much smaller in scope than the 2nd, which is still my favorite.  And the first is a classic too.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Detective Mosely - 29 November 2016 09:08 PM

For some reason I was thinking MGS4 was the third one, and I was wondering what you were smoking, Origami.  Yum  That one just seemed like a mess to me, and was the only one in the series I didn’t enjoy much.

3 was good, but it was so much smaller in scope than the 2nd, which is still my favorite.  And the first is a classic too.

I agree that MGS2 was great, but it can be confusing for newcomers and the twist upon twist might be off-putting at first and needs a second playthrough to let everythng sink in. It’s one of those stories that gets better over time having let the mind ponder upon it. Also some content was cut from that game due to time constraint and having to push it out before deadline.

MGS3 is a more well-rounded story and polished game imo. Not as heavy in the philosphical department but more in the personal drama. I hate drama movies but I had to fight hard to hold back tears when the credits rolled. Also a great tribute to 60’s spy movies.
Come on….think back to that epic battle against the Boss with Snake Eater instrumental version playing and the ending…o gosh.
The pay-off is fantastic.

Or remember that ladder climbing sequence and then the lyrics to the title song kicking in. I remember the goose bumps.

fun fact: a piece of the debriefing soundtrack also appears in Man on Fire with Denzel Washington. Consider how surpised I was when I watched the movie and heard music from an MGS game. But both soundtracks were produced by Harry Gregson Williams so makes sense.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 29 November 2016 09:30 PM

mgs3

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/4317/P45/#125848

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top