• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Suda51’s The Silver Case

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 10 October 2016 12:06 PM

The ending of parade…

I’m going to have to play that placebo to try to make sense

Placebo will directly mention some bits which will spoil the fun of last chapters
wtf stuff. It hints and explain some bits earlier about kamui.
Also Not playing it helps you to sit back and piece together the link yourself.
So i guess you do 2 things.
Write or remember each character name by heart, saying this because jap names are hard to remember. And full names, so Hachisuka wont cut, her full name is must.
Moreover Placebo sections are boring gameplay wise, they kill the mainplot pace.
And ofcourse main 25Ward cast is better.

After you are done with Transmission come back from 2nd placebo report and onwards.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 10 October 2016 02:18 PM
wilco - 10 October 2016 12:06 PM

The ending of parade…

I’m going to have to play that placebo to try to make sense

Placebo will directly mention some bits which will spoil the fun of last chapters
wtf stuff. It hints and explain some bits earlier about kamui.
Also Not playing it helps you to sit back and piece together the link yourself.
So i guess you do 2 things.
Write or remember each character name by heart, saying this because jap names are hard to remember. And full names, so Hachisuka wont cut, her full name is must.
Moreover Placebo sections are boring gameplay wise, they kill the mainplot pace.
And ofcourse main 25Ward cast is better.

After you are done with Transmission come back from 2nd placebo report and onwards.

Yeah , I think I’ll follow that, the placebo gameplay really is so slow with almost always only ony
e character blogging, kills the building up of the main story.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kamuidrome case is pretty intense, game is from 1999 but the some of the internet stuff feels very recent with the invasion of privacy and cyberbullying, only missing the social media angle.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 11 October 2016 05:31 AM

Kamuidrome case is pretty intense, game is from 1999 but the some of the internet stuff feels very recent with the invasion of privacy and cyberbullying, only missing the social media angle.

Read my spoiler tagged part on last page when you are finished, yes that and
Twitch streams stuff i encountered hundred times
every other gamer girl chat box is filled with show your feet , them legs , them boob, fap and like in the game text ....i am going to bust a nut, when it came in the game i was like ....so prescient…that chapter also breakdowns mentality of finding people projecting otherself to fans worldwide just like lets play or other stream personalities nowadays…it doesnt show social media but it explores the need of general public to dress up like doll and share your best self online to gain fans or likes just like facebook or instagram phenomenon, Baian transforms herself into doll because she gradually became attention whore ONLY because the internet demand pushed her, just like today

Heck there are many other bits i felt copied by MGS2.
You will find later
Suda 1 koji 0
Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

What first seems like a virgin, later becomes an escaping rabbit

At first stay calm like a virgin, but later attack with full force like a rabbit running for its life.

These wisdom quotes were something.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Case 5 has even less gameplay so far, only master trolls like Suda or Kojima, would put up a bunch of endless empty corridors that take forever to go through. I actually fell asleep last night playing this part… (well, I also tired)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 12 October 2016 05:38 AM

Case 5 has even less gameplay so far, only master trolls like Suda or Kojima, would put up a bunch of endless empty corridors that take forever to go through. I actually fell asleep last night playing this part… (well, I also tired)

Mulholland…..drive Grin
Back in the day, i would have enjoyed the segments, but now they are pain, esp long
train scenes and last blue towers exploration, that was chore

You are nearing end.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I finished the main story. I think I’ve got the essence of what’s did go on but at the end Suda just throws a lot of stuff that I’m not sure. I’m going to finish the last 2 Placebo stories but in the meantime can anybody lend me 50.000yen? Tongue

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 13 October 2016 07:05 AM

I finished the main story. I think I’ve got the essence of what’s did go on but at the end Suda just throws a lot of stuff that I’m not sure. I’m going to finish the last 2 Placebo stories but in the meantime can anybody lend me 50.000yen? Tongue

Well infact i found the plot more comprehensible than random K7 stuff, but the only part i didnt get was indeed 50,000yen
Tongue

I can clear stuff…
Just read my spoiler tags and get on discussing plot , hurry up and finish it, before i forget the plot

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 09 October 2016 08:27 AM

I was blown away how characters were developed and didnt guess that they could be fuckstick evil as Kusabi put it, Sumio has terrible past and evil, orchestrated shit on the whole city , Kusabi is a cleaner of Kamui offshoots, Hachisuka to whatnot all Kamui and most of them dont know it

I’m not sure what did Sumio at the end of Parade. He was related to that incident in the past. Was he on revenge “kill the past” and was responsible for the explosion?

Kamui as actual assassin, then hired guns then hired players then copycat phenomenons then Shelter stock kids getting trained as social players in different organizations, shit got bonkers with twists by the end

Silver Case is about the original Kamui that killed a bunch of “oldies” that were in charge of the underground city project. Kusabi killed him and after that who was left to run the city with all the “Kamuis” and “Ayames”? My first interpretation was that it was an AI, that we killed at the end of the fifth chapter - “kill the past”

Also the player is also a Kamui brought up in the underground city but seems that since Natsume took us in our objective was always to get to the bottom of it and shut it all down

Although Epilogue chapter stuff threw a wrench on it all… Mullholand Drive style Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 13 October 2016 01:09 PM

I was blown away how characters were developed and didnt guess that they could be fuckstick evil as Kusabi put it, Sumio has terrible past and evil, orchestrated shit on the whole city , Kusabi is a cleaner of Kamui offshoots, Hachisuka to whatnot all Kamui and most of them dont know it

I’m not sure what did Sumio at the end of Parade. He was related to that incident in the past. Was he on revenge “kill the past” and was responsible for the explosion?

Kamui as actual assassin, then hired guns then hired players then copycat phenomenons then Shelter stock kids getting trained as social players in different organizations, shit got bonkers with twists by the end

Silver Case is about the original Kamui that killed a bunch of “oldies” that were in charge of the underground city project. Kusabi killed him and after that who was left to run the city with all the “Kamuis” and “Ayames”? My first interpretation was that it was an AI, that we killed at the end of the fifth chapter - “kill the past”

Also the player is also a Kamui brought up in the underground city but seems that since Natsume took us in our objective was always to get to the bottom of it and shut it all down

Although Epilogue chapter stuff threw a wrench on it all… Mullholand Drive style Smile

Yes he was one of the boy who got his ear damaged and that bomber you saw at Burning factory with breifcase was his other fellow who had his mouth sewn,
These 3 boys had unfinished biz, Sumio orchestrated everything, to exact revenge on culprits including the CEO guy and board of directors, one placebo explains all

Kamui became sort of elusive and illusive entity, first the actual one the man with goggles who Kusabi killed, then Nezu became central shit who created Ward, HC unit and all shelter and Kamui breeding ground plus the TSO or FSO or whatever those 3 organizations were controlling, then it was all under one influence, thing is Kamui became means to progress society in intended way by power players, if you look at Meta theme it binds well with Killer7 in other words Kamui7, One assassin or 7 personas and before that 7 assassins actually existed, same power struggle based on them but key players were assassins, here they are kamui and like shelter simulation, Emir in k7 was trained to kill and assimilate 7 personas, ultimate weapon

You are right on one main theme, kill the past, Sumio eliminating his, we kamui eliminating our kamui breeding network as main component along with Kasubi, the guy in the first scenario with head in his head and the other lady who got shot were actually Twlight syndrome main characters, whats whacky thing about suda is that characters can get killed in an instant, what i loved is that it started as detective murder mystery where there was this hunt of one target, by the end almost everyone died in HC and actual target was something everywhere but nowhere

Hey hachisuka, fires, dead, hey Mochikawa , yo wassup next scene Kusabi killed him, hey Cheif got orders to kill Kusabi, Naka oh well yeaah then , fire>dead, killing was nobodys business…ruthless reality of life where death can take place in between normal conversation, well yeah guess what Fuck you , fire , dead lol. Suda developed all the characters till end and then straight up killed them.
All HC unit cooperating to bodies lined up everywhere. That made me say wow
So i was skeptical about Kusabi, when he will shoot me down, or in the end when he says one more thing i was like he will shoot and game will end but he asked to lend him 50,000 yen lol

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I need to play Killer7 and FSR again… Can’t remember anything of what I played.

Was not expecting all those deaths at the end, mostly Hachisuka right at the start… SUda pulling the rug. And what was that talk about the Silver eyes in the epilogue? Does Placebo talk about that? Kusabi said that Kamui was killed for the silver eyes that were worth eternal life but took that more like a metaphor of him being a symbol of what the underground experiment meant to control the future of the human race

50000yen I think it was just a joke from the best character Smile does it show up in the other games?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 13 October 2016 02:33 PM

I need to play Killer7 and FSR again… Can’t remember anything of what I played.

Was not expecting all those deaths at the end, mostly Hachisuka right at the start… SUda pulling the rug. And what was that talk about the Silver eyes in the epilogue? Does Placebo talk about that? Kusabi said that Kamui was killed for the silver eyes that were worth eternal life but took that more like a metaphor of him being a symbol of what the underground experiment meant to control the future of the human race

50000yen I think it was just a joke from the best character Smile does it show up in the other games?

That yen amount i remember popped up in Tokio first email with somone, so i thought maybe its the same 50000yen that Kusabi mentioned and all connected to it
So not sure

Yes Silver eyes were breaking real world talk and philosophical like K7 breaks the real talk with other shit, shelterkids had it too due to living without sun and immitating eternal life of original assassin, that eye chasing shit was just crazy wild goose chase after myth perhaps. And what suda shows is that eternal life is a wishful thinking anyway, as low key players Sumio killed up power players, Kusabi ends life like Hitman, actual kamui to kids all can get killed, so no one is safe from death anyway.
Btw yamuidrome was direct reference to Videodrome, like Mulholland was now i can make more sense from K7 video,TV channeling, how TV was used to transmigrate souls,ideas, message and personas, so meta…. Suda was taking best from Hollywood, Lynch and Cronenberg my favs

You will get more details from Placebo.
Another great thing about narrative unfolding was perception.
Everyone had their own ver of reality, and kamui and life wisdom, all came crashing in final act

Kill the past, suda said he wants to teach that to gamers, go on.
Thats why he keeps trying new stuff and now making action games, he wrote because
of constraints and get some popularity of Text based AGs, when he got money he went apeshit with Mikami on K7, then from there to Wii motion to F2P game…..now writing Manga too…
And now directing no more.
Left his past.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

https://www.inverse.com/article/22320-goichi-suda-suda51-interview-silver-case-killer-7

great interview, have spoilers for FSR and SC.

Abe’s not exactly the cleanest politician, either.

He’s got a lot of shit going on in the background, yeah. Seeing him was cold, which is a Japanese expression — like when something’s so awkward and cringeworthy you actually feel physically cold. Pretty much everyone felt that way.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Now that’s an euphemism… Abe is certainly not the cleanest…

Interesting to see an interview with a game designer talk about politics.. It’s rather rare for that topic to be broached over there even though there’s a lot of problems with the current parties. People in Japan tend to be a little apathetic when it comes to voting and politics unfortunately.

It makes me interested in the game, I’ll try and get it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top