• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

So what’s Jane Jensen up to these days?

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

agree I think a complete open world is probably never going to happen, but if you could get a semi open world that would be awesome. like a mid evil adventure game where you can go between several different villages at any time if you get stuck. each village will have their own puzzles and citizens that react on how you solve the puzzles in that town; either favorable or against depending if you solved it more virtuously or nefariously. with an overarching puzzle at the end of the game, at a main castle or something. basically combining exploration, telltale choice making and good logical puzzle design. I wouldnt even mind some light combat thrown in quest for glory or pirates gold style.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Jdawg445 - 07 May 2016 09:06 PM

agree I think a complete open world is probably never going to happen, but if you could get a semi open world that would be awesome. like a mid evil adventure game where you can go between several different villages at any time if you get stuck. each village will have their own puzzles and citizens that react on how you solve the puzzles in that town; either favorable or against depending if you solved it more virtuously or nefariously. with an overarching puzzle at the end of the game, at a main castle or something. basically combining exploration, telltale choice making and good logical puzzle design. I wouldnt even mind some light combat thrown in quest for glory or pirates gold style.

Get cheap assets like ue4 or something, doesnt have to be opnworld.
Just reach emergence level of Deusex 1 liberty island levels, which has more variety to solve objectives than anything.

Or easier , look at this

Imagine a GK game in such location.
It doesnt have to be open world.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I’d say Jensen should team up with Frogware. They make great use of the Unreal Engine, Crimes and Punishments is one of my favourites and The Devil’s Daughter (releasing in less than a month) is also suppose to be more open world.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

nomadsoul - 08 May 2016 02:06 PM
Jdawg445 - 07 May 2016 09:06 PM

Get cheap assets like ue4 or something, doesnt have to be opnworld.
Just reach emergence level of Deusex 1 liberty island levels, which has more variety to solve objectives than anything.

Or easier , look at this

Imagine a GK game in such location.
It doesnt have to be open world.

thats what im talking about more of an open level, have npcs live their own lives so there not all just standing around waiting to be interacted with to solve a very rigid puzzle. I feel like they were going with that feeling for gk3 but didnt quite get there

off topic I really liked hitman absolution thought it was a lot of fun. I know some had problems with it

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top