• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Gamers Challenge! #7: Primordia

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Reached Metropol. Took me way too much time to remember how to make the sticky bomb Pan

Kurufinwe - 03 March 2016 04:38 PM

The bit where you realize that the sign saying Unniic is actually the top half of HORUS is also a nice moment, even though I remembered it from my first playthrough.

I feel like I should have noticed that but somehow I’m not sure I ever did.
And I agree that most of the first part is really good. All the lore and world-building is pretty solid without being too obvious.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

wilco - 04 March 2016 04:17 PM

Reached Metropol. Took me way too much time to remember how to make the sticky bomb Pan

Yeah, that was a silly puzzle. Why can’t you just prop up the bomb against the door with a rock a something?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 04 March 2016 04:51 PM
wilco - 04 March 2016 04:17 PM

Yeah, that was a silly puzzle. Why can’t you just prop up the bomb against the door with a rock a something?

It really seemed like an unnecessary step in the open the door big puzzle that ended part 1. The figuring out the code part was better.

Total Posts: 68

Joined 2016-01-06

PM

Arrived at Metropol yesterday evening. Smile

I didn’t really care for either sticky puzzles actually. In reality I could have used basically any of the debris lying around to clog the other nostril, but I had to track down a random rag instead, because that’s what the writers wanted. Not my favorite kind of puzzle.

Other than that, the puzzles are decent, the atmosphere and the humor is still top-notch, so I’m enjoying Primordia very much.
That awkard moment, when I thought something important’s going to happen (used Crispin on [spoiler]AA GUN), and then he said “pew-pew-pew”.[spoiler] Naughty

Oh, and I have to admit, I can’t resist to click on Cripsin sometimes, even though it seems like some kind of hint-system, and I’m a purist about that. I just have to hear his comments Laughing, so I’m playing in easy mode, I guess… (He usually hints at sg trivial, but steered me in the right direction once or twice.)

Hm, one more thing, I’m curious about something: what happens if you wreck the monitor Gamma is in? I wanted to see if the game would let me, and… yes, it did, lol. Are you stuck then, or just have to find another solution? (I took the easy way out, and reloaded a save Tongue).

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

cirroid - 05 March 2016 05:49 AM

Hm, one more thing, I’m curious about something: what happens if you wreck the monitor Gamma is in? I wanted to see if the game would let me, and… yes, it did, lol. Are you stuck then, or just have to find another solution? (I took the easy way out, and reloaded a save Tongue).

I tried it but was under the impression that the game wouldn’t allow it since Horatio said something like “There has to be another way”

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Metropol arrived !

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

cirroid - 05 March 2016 05:49 AM

There’s an alternate solution. (You get an achievement for it.) If I remember correctly, you don’t get to talk to Goliath (since you’ve destroyed the backup with his consciousness), and you don’t get the translating device (which is used for an optional puzzle later), but you get the name Horus (I’m not sure how exactly), which allows you to proceed with the game.

Joined 2016-01-06

PM

Kurufinwe - 05 March 2016 04:55 PM

There’s an alternate solution. (You get an achievement for it.) If I remember correctly, you don’t get to talk to Goliath (since you’ve destroyed the backup with his consciousness), and you don’t get the translating device (which is used for an optional puzzle later), but you get the name Horus (I’m not sure how exactly), which allows you to proceed with the game.

Ah, I see. Thanks!
I already used the device to reach Clarity, so I’m glad I reloaded.

Decided to go “Crispin-free” for the Metropol part, but I’ll be definitely Spaming the little guy on my second playthrough. Smile

Joined 2016-01-06

PM

Lol, Wingman achievement.  Laughing

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

cirroid - 06 March 2016 12:33 PM

Lol, Wingman achievement.  Laughing

What is it? Playing the gog version here…

Edit: Crispin has a lot of funny remarks but the “The Adventures of Crispin and Arm” cracked me up at the bar Smile

Joined 2016-01-06

PM

wilco - 06 March 2016 12:42 PM

What is it? Playing the gog version here…

It’s for convincing [spoiler]Crispin to talk to the floating girl robot. I liked that bit.[spoiler]

wilco - 06 March 2016 12:42 PM

Edit: Crispin has a lot of funny remarks but the “The Adventures of Crispin and Arm” cracked me up at the bar Smile

Yeah, that was great too. Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

“Maybe…”
“There are no maybes, only 1 and 0s, and all I see is zeros”

Well, that was depressing, Clarity…

I think I’m close to finishing it now, I remember a lot more about this part.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’ve finished the game. Saw a different ending, the one where Horus kills everybody using the radio tower.
Also saw the others, didn’t get the best one at first because I forgot to pick up the head of Clarity Meh
Puzzles get tough in the part to find the code but I did remember some of it (and use the Crispin-hint a sometimes).

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Congrats wilco!

I almost didn’t have time to play this week-end, but I think I should be able to finish before the deadline.

Joined 2016-01-06

PM

Congrats!

I’m currently stuck at getting the tower code. Managed to get everyone’s part but Steeple’s, and I don’t know how to proceed.
Oh, and I have know idea what to do at the bar about Oswald’s “drinking problem”, or how is that even relevant. Grin

The Memorious keyword puzzle was very good. Thumbs Up

I don’t think I’ll be able to finish before the deadline (too much work in the next two days), but I’ll try nontheless.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top