• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonkSpeedBoVeoviszobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Silence Whispered World 2

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

So, I finished it, The ending does come way too soon… I think everything happens too fast, lacks the sense of a epic adventure. The side characters lack development, only Spot remains a star. It’s a pity because it does look great and it´s a lovely story. Some of the backgrounds towards the ending are beautiful. I just wifh it was at least more 3-4h letting the characters breathe and develop and more stuff to explore.

About the ending (SPOILERS):

I was disappointed it was mostly the same ending as the first game… As soon as we see Reine is the Queen in the middle is becomes predictable how it’s going to end. Even the choice is the same. However in it’s more difficult to make knowing the situation in the real world. Noah wakes up if you don’t break the mirror but if you break it looks like he is dead but apparently his hand moves (read it somewhere). Still a sad ending and the game does manage to transmit an impending sense of doom through it like the first game.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i just finished and i did not for once mind qtes or storytelling approach, there were moments of being semi-stuck, and as long the (adventure) game been able to deliver the idea of players being keen on exploring the location well, or visting them back and forth then they (daedalic) had made a good deal of out it

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Glad you liked it Advie. I’m finding all the dragging the worst. I only have limited mousepad space - didn’t they think about that? The gameplay is hit and miss. Some puzzles are clever, others are a matter of clicking on every hotspot.

Graphically, I don’t think the 3D added much, except long loading times. Most scenes just rotate very slightly and don’t even have many close-ups. It’s not like you can’t have close-ups with 2D. Facial expression isn’t great either, and that’s important in a game like this.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Oscar - 26 November 2016 07:21 AM

Glad you liked it Advie. I’m finding all the dragging the worst. I only have limited mousepad space - didn’t they think about that? The gameplay is hit and miss. Some puzzles are clever, others are a matter of clicking on every hotspot.

i believe you wouldn’t need a big space, if you drag your mouse steadily and slow (at the minimum space) it worked for me fine like this more than 90% of those draggings..

yea i believe that upgrade form the whispered world to Silence is not as it might seem at first look… its not that much really , its looks more like a fine* 2.5 adventure for me too.

Total Posts: 1667

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Advie - 26 November 2016 12:08 AM

i just finished and i did not for once mind qtes or storytelling approach, there were moments of being semi-stuck, and as long the (adventure) game been able to deliver the idea of players being keen on exploring the location well, or visting them back forth then they (daedalic) had made a good deal of out it.
its not that much really , its looks more like a fine* 2.5 adventure for me too.

We never thought we’d see the the day when Advie will be praising a game like this one!
Is this really direction you want to go Advie? What is next stop, Telltale maybe?

There are protests going on all around the world because of this!
Just watch this video Advie, and you’ll see how serious this situation really is!
Watch those reactions and all we’re asking for Advie, is to reconsider!

Video

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

What an overstatement.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

DarkEye - 26 November 2016 06:36 PM
Advie - 26 November 2016 12:08 AM

i just finished and i did not for once mind qtes or storytelling approach, there were moments of being semi-stuck, and as long the (adventure) game been able to deliver the idea of players being keen on exploring the location well, or visting them back forth then they (daedalic) had made a good deal of out it.
its not that much really , its looks more like a fine* 2.5 adventure for me too.

We never thought we’d see the the day when Advie will be praising a game like this one!
Is this really direction you want to go Advie? What is next stop, Telltale maybe?

There are protests going on all around the world because of this!
Just watch this video Advie, and you’ll see how serious this situation really is!
Watch those reactions and all we’re asking for Advie, is to reconsider!

Video

HAHA, I am gonna keep it on the light side, and tell ye try it out then lets see, it not one of those, actually it’s a new approach, somewhere between here and there Darki… try it you won’t regret, i guess Wink

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Haha… great video DarkI. We should all rise and protest against Daedalltale.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1667

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Advie - 27 November 2016 03:52 AM

HAHA, I am gonna keep it on the light side, and tell ye try it out then lets see, it not one of those, actually it’s a new approach, somewhere between here and there Darki… try it you won’t regret, i guess Wink

Tnx, Advie but I think I’ll pass. Smile

diego - 27 November 2016 04:03 AM

I fully agree with you, diego!
Daedalltale Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

diego - 27 November 2016 04:03 AM

Yeah, the corruption from Telltale is spreading and it is up to us to stop it Tongue
And great video!

(Though in all fairness, I have played the demo but not the full game, and based on what I did play, I have to somewhat agree with Advie. Its far from perfect, but nowhere near as bad as what Telltale does)

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

I am looking at the advertizement at the top of the screen for Silence and can’t figure out why the sister has an oriental appearance, or maybe Inuit, despite the brother being Anglo-saxon or european. (I know they are siblings from the reviews)

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

^the only reason i can think of that you’d think that is because of what shes wearing.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top