• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

FlorusgrizzlypantsSefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Silence Whispered World 2

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 12 November 2016 03:44 PM
wilco - 12 November 2016 03:08 PM

Demo is out, very short but it looks good. Explains the connection to the first game

Really great job on VAs,animations and art, just protagonist face is a turnoff
He has this , I am pissed expression

Angst teenager Smile

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I am already ticked off. I detest games that have an impossible (to me) dexterity puzzle without an opt out button. I am trying to stand on the globe and I have been clicking and moving my mouse right and left and he always falls.  Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get off the globe?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

mbday630 - 13 November 2016 08:25 AM

I am already ticked off. I detest games that have an impossible (to me) dexterity puzzle without an opt out button. I am trying to stand on the globe and I have been clicking and moving my mouse right and left and he always falls.  Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get off the globe?

Idon’t think you need to click on the mouse, just keep the bar stable in the center by moving the mouse some time

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I will try it again. I have been trying to follow the arrow keys but he falls before I can move the mouse in the direction the arrow key goes. argh. I am frustrated. Thanks!

Total Posts: 217

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Beautiful! Loved the first Whispered World and this looks just as good. Can’t wait to play the whole thing.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Game is out.
A review:
http://www.gamewatcher.com/reviews/silence-the-whispered-world-2-review/12732

Silence is a beautiful game that combines emotional themes with breath-taking art and music. It works fantastically as a cinematic experience and takes its players on a concise yet fun adventure, integrating puzzles along the way. Daedelic have done an excellent job exploring the space between life and death, touching on dark and abstract feelings in a delicate and thoughtful way. It’ll definitely be interesting to hear what fans of ‘The Whispered World’ make of this game, nonetheless, I would recommend it to anyone that enjoys this genre.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I gave the demo a spin, and from the looks of that, Silence has a good change of being the best game Daedalic has done. Even the voice acting sounds far better than I’ve come to expect from their games.

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2008-01-31

PM

Is this straight sequel or a new story? I didn’t play The Whispered World that much, I never really got into it. Do I have to know The Whispered World story before playing this?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

teme - 15 November 2016 01:54 PM

Is this straight sequel or a new story? I didn’t play The Whispered World that much, I never really got into it. Do I have to know The Whispered World story before playing this?

From what I gather from the demo it’s a sequel but you don’t need to play the first one. I think that’s the reason they took out the whispered World 2 part from the title and just called it silence.
The prologue part is basically a recap of the first game, it will however spoil the great ending of the first game.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Well having played the beta (about half of the full game) many months ago, i can say the plot of the first game is pretty central to whats going on and it does not go away. I do not get the name change, and while you technically dont need to play the first game, you could say that about anything.

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Adventure game of the year maybe?

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Ahenobarbus - 15 November 2016 03:06 PM

Adventure game of the year maybe?

My opinion as of this moment: the qte’s, simplified exploration and inventory removal make this game a big step backwards for daedalic. I would like to happily be wrong about the final product.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

zane - 15 November 2016 03:12 PM

My opinion as of this moment: the qte’s...

Bad news. Like removing inventory wasn’t enough. Hope I’m wrong, but I’ll skip this one for now. (some mixed reviews are coming in as well, citing easy difficulty. My biggest fear)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Closing comment for a more mixed review since I already posetd a positive:

In order to get the most out of Silence, one must approach it as a narrative with light brain teasers that require patience. If that is in mind, then the time spent with this title is completely enjoyable. The world is alternately that of wonder and abject creepiness. It’s reminiscent of the best of ’70s and ’80s children’s cinema, like The Secret of Nimh. It embraces a youthful vigor while introducing and exploring adult concepts. Honestly, if this were cut into a movie, I would be first in line for a copy of my own. As a game, it can be tedious at times as success is mostly left to random bumping into the walls until the right thing happens. All in all, it’s easy to enjoy the Silence.

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2016/11/15/review-silence/235691/

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i read the review here, its very encourging but ...10-15secs of loading screens, huh!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top