• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #37: J.U.L.I.A.: Among the Stars

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Iznogood - 21 December 2015 03:03 PM

Today was the day where we were suppose to move on to the second part, however even though many has completed this part, there are also many that haven’t! So I have decided to add some extra time to this part. With Christmas upon us I also don’t think it is enough to just add a few extra days, so I have expanded the deadline for completing part 1 to Sunday the 27th of December!

I always knew it would be a bit tricky to start a CPT so close to Christmas, with many being very busy around Christmas whereas others might have some extra time to play during the Christmas holidays. Sorry to anyone who had planned playing part 2 during the holidays, but I think that it is better that everybody is aboard before moving on to part 2.

Can’t say I’m particularly surprised by this Iznogood and I think it’s a good call on your part. Only problem for me is that I’ll forget by then to ensure I start Fraps up before starting up the game Grin

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I agree about the story really drawing you in right from the beginning.  I’ve enjoyed unlocking the datapads and learning what happened little by little.

Yes, the story is starting to draw me in as well, I’m getting curious about how this game will end, but I do agree, with the holidays and all - an extension is a good idea so that everyone can enjoy this fabulous game.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Some Screenshots:

We need to be extra cautions because there is a high concentration of nitrogen which makes this place highly explosive Grin

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Part 2: Ambrosia

After the of barren rock and desert planets of Xenophon and Phaidros, it is now time for something completely different. It is time for the beautiful, lush, fertile and ambrosial Wink planet of Ambrosia!

And you are really in for a treat in this part, Ambrosia is by far my favourite planet in this game. Not only is it the most beautiful planet, but it is also were the story gets a new dimension, and it has some of the best, but also most difficult puzzles in the game.

Also note, that where the first two planets only had one location, then this planet actually has several different locations that you have to visit, and you have to find the locations yourself, and you do this by using a different method of navigating. So remember, explore every part of the map, so you don’t miss any of the locations.

If you have completed everything that you possibly could in the first part, then you should have solved the first Mind’o'Matic and also build the first two upgrades for Mobot. But fear not, if you haven’t, then you can always go back to the previous planets and search for what you might have missed.

During this part you are a allowed to land on, explore and do everything that you possibly can on the planet of Ambrosia, which is the third rock from the sun, just like Earth. You are also allowed to revisit the two previous planets of Xenophon and Phaidros but should under no circumstances land on any other planets.

Given that it is still Christmas and New Year time, you have some extra days, until Thursday the 7th of January 2016 to complete this part.

Edit: @Jabob, remember to start Fraps up before starting up the game Wink

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

The holidays have been very busy for me, so I’m making slow progress. I’m quite curious about what was happening on Xenophon—how could they possibly miss all those symptoms of radiation sickness? Even if JULIA kept telling them that radiation wasn’t a problem. I’m on Phaidros now and hoping to learn more. I’m getting the impression that someone (or something) lured them all the way out here in space by feeding them misinformation from the very beginning. Maybe there’s a higher intelligence that wanted to place them in stressful situations and see how they coped? Use them as guinea pigs in a large laboratory experiment, with the solar system as the laboratory?

Completely guessing here, of course.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Becky - 29 December 2015 11:00 AM

I’m quite curious about what was happening on Xenophon—how could they possibly miss all those symptoms of radiation sickness? Even if JULIA kept telling them that radiation wasn’t a problem.

I believe that is entirely plausible. When you have already ruled something out, people don’t tend to go back and reconsider the same option again, even if the evidence quite clearly point at what you wrongfully dismissed earlier. It’s not how our brains work. Besides eventually Bart Krylov did suspect radiation poisoning.

Becky - 29 December 2015 11:00 AM

I’m on Phaidros now and hoping to learn more. I’m getting the impression that someone ...
Completely guessing here, of course.

Actually that is not a bad hypothesis.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’m on Phaidros now and hoping to learn more. I’m getting the impression that someone (or something) lured them all the way out here in space by feeding them misinformation from the very beginning. Maybe there’s a higher intelligence that wanted to place them in stressful situations

Now, this concept I find very interesting. I am wondering at this point exactly what is really going on. And - to be honest, this theory is just as viable as any other right now. I do love games like this one that has such a solid plot that you really don’t have a clue how it’s going to end when you are playing the game in the beginning.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The last two weeks have been a bit busy for me, but I think I’ve reached the end of the first part. I did everything there was to do on Xenophon, and I *think* I’ve done all there is to do for now on Phaidros.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I’ve fixed the air supply and made the audio enhancement for Mobot and there’s still a locked door and a damaged door to get past as well as two datapads to hack.
Or did I miss something?

Absolutely loving the game for now. Intriguing mysteries on each planet, an overarching mystery/conspiracy, and lots of puzzles that are right up my alley thrown at me.
Graphics are really good, too. I just wish there was a little more environment visible (both of the inside of the probe and the surface of the planets), but that’s a very minor quibble.

Interface is a lot more intuitive than I feared. Absolutely no issues there.
The Xenophon Mind-o-Matic only gave me trouble until I realized that simply filling it out isn’t enough, but you also need to move all the remaining words to the “invalid clues” box.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

TimovieMan - 31 December 2015 07:01 AM

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I’ve fixed the air supply and made the audio enhancement for Mobot and there’s still a locked door and a damaged door to get past as well as two datapads to hack.
Or did I miss something?

You are correct, I also could not open those 2 doors and I was told that the planets are interrelated so we are on the correct track Smile

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

TimovieMan - 31 December 2015 07:01 AM

Interface is a lot more intuitive than I feared. Absolutely no issues there.
The Xenophon Mind-o-Matic only gave me trouble until I realized that simply filling it out isn’t enough, but you also need to move all the remaining words to the “invalid clues” box.

Yeah I had the same exact problem. I also got it right, but didn’t move all the unused words to the invalid clues box and got no indicator of progress, so I wasn’t sure if I screwed up somehow or not. Would have been nice to be clear about that in the instructions. I had no problems what so ever with the rest of the puzzles though. They are super logical, and do not involve much inventory use which is a nice change.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I finally clicked on the Mind-O-Matic, but it’s blank. How do I get it to work?

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Becky - 31 December 2015 02:39 PM

You drag each of the words into the correct boxes to retell the story that happened to the crew. All the unused words, you drag them into the unused bin. Note that each action is comprised of 3 boxes, the first one is the subject, the second is the verb and the third is the object(like SoccerDude replied to Becky) as an example.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I found the Mind-o-Matic to be rather fun actually, once you got the hang of how it worked.

This was another nice touch in this quality game to really enhance the gaming experience above the typical indie game.

Heart

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I think it only becomes available once you’ve found all the necessary evidence to completely fill it out. You’ll get a notification once you can attempt a Mind-o-Matic puzzle.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

TimovieMan - 01 January 2016 07:33 AM

I think it only becomes available once you’ve found all the necessary evidence to completely fill it out. You’ll get a notification once you can attempt a Mind-o-Matic puzzle.

Yes, they only becomes available once you have found all the necessary evidence, clicking the Mind’o'Matic button before being able to solve the first, will just result in an empty screen. So there is most likely some datapad on Xenophon that you haven’t found/cracked/read yet.

It is actually entirely possible to complete the game without having a single of these MoM unlock, and I believe that I missed one of them myself on my original playthrough.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top