• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Casual Game Playthrough #14 - Emerald City Confidential

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Today is the day to move to the next chapter, but only rtrooney, TimovieMan and Becky managed to make it to the stopping point.

We are still waiting for Lady Kestrel, millenia, SoccerDude28 and chrissie. How much have you played people?
I’ll extend the first chapter for another 2 days so that everyone has the time to catch up (but really, it is a matter of 2 hours….)

TimovieMan - 05 December 2015 08:05 PM

I’ve found 7 buttons so far, 3 green ones, 3 red ones and one yellow.

Yep!! That’s what I found too. Enjoy your sketches. Smile

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I got a late start as my power supply blew and I had to order a new one but have now made it to the checkpoint. Very atmospheric game; I love the graphics and most of the voices. Jinjur I think is a little over the top but the Lion is just delicious.

The tutorial in the beginning spoils the mood in my opinion. Would be better if the game opened at the warehouse.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Sefir - 10 December 2015 06:50 AM

Today is the day to move to the next chapter, but only rtrooney, TimovieMan and Becky managed to make it to the stopping point.

We are still waiting for Lady Kestrel, millenia, SoccerDude28 and chrissie. How much have you played people?
I’ll extend the first chapter for another 2 days so that everyone has the time to catch up (but really, it is a matter of 2 hours….)

Thanks Sefir for extending the time - no work for me tomorrow after a busy week so I will have plenty of time to catch up!  Smile

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’ve played to the checkpoint. I skipped most of the pills and will go back to them next time. Now I just wanted to catch up since I didn’t have time earlier. Only took me an hour to get there but I didn’t really spend extra time anywhere. Will comment more later.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It has been a hectic week, but I’m about to continue from my arrival at the university.  I should finish this section tonight.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Sorry I haven’t posted here, I’ve been super busy with real life. I finally got a chance to play the game today and found the game to be very easy to go through so far. I am now caught up with the first stopping point and ready for the next part.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I just got my quest from Trot, so I’m ready for the next part.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I had played the first part about halfway a few years back. The game is definitely casual, at least in the first part there really was no puzzles. The flower one I think? And I caught it immediately, didn’t need to recheck anything. But it’s not really that I need a challenge here so it’s all the same to me.

I find “the quests” quite annoying really. I mean it’s definitely okay that you have visible objectives, but the popup windows are a bit too much.

The world is interesting and like I said, I’ll be going back to the pills to check out all the lore. It took me a while to warm up to the story and characters though. I know it’s a noir parody of sorts with all kinds of nods and cliches, but at the start it just seemed a bit too silly. I got into the mood a lot better though when the game progressed.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Don’t forget that whenever you meet new well-known Oz personalities/places, you can always return to the machine and ask it to give you pills about them.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

The grand majority of the players managed to reach the stopping point. It is time to move on!!
In the first chapter we got our first glimpses of the world, we almost fall to our death and we became pill junkies (at least my Petra Tongue ). In this chapter, the storyline will get even better and we will get introduced to a new element of the game. You have 1 week (until the 19th of December) to….get arrested.

Until then Petra turns her back to a nice view of the Emerald City. Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I made it to the scene pictured above but haven’t gone in yet.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Is that the end point? Doesn’t look like “getting arrested” to me… Confused

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

TimovieMan - 12 December 2015 09:22 PM

Is that the end point? Doesn’t look like “getting arrested” to me… Confused

Of course not.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I reached the second stopping point.  Things look bleak for Petra. 

By the way, I have a glitch in the scene after the balcony.  There’s a 2-inch vertical strip of the scene missing.  It looks like someone took a scraper and ran it from top to bottom, scraping off the room and revealing pieces of the Wadjet Eye logo, text, and whiteness.  I believe this happened when I first played it, but I remember it being black instead of white.  It didn’t affect the dialogue or entrances and exits, but it is annoying.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’ve arrived at Dee’s room at the Palace. I don’t remember how much longer it is from this point to where she gets arrested.

The story is filling out nicely, but the number of conversations seems to have increased exponentially.

Like others, I seem to have forgotten enough so as to “almost” play this like it is a new game.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top