• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Casual Game Playthrough #14 - Emerald City Confidential

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Thanks for the playthrough (even though I was a bit late once again) and thanks to Dave for popping by and clearing up some questions.

I like that people do all kinds of hybrids these days, some mechanics fit well together. And even though the casual parts of the game were a bit of a personal turnoff for me, I also think this game is actually a rather nice “gateway” to adventures, and not really a failed attempt to be both casual and a “real” p&c adventure. If it makes just a few people to realise that adventures aren’t that hard and they often have more complex storylines, it’s been a huge success already. And like others pointed out, I haven’t noticed any bad words about the game at least on this forum.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 5045

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

A little bit of turmoil appearing on the AG thread-o-sphere recently.

As contributors to this thread you likely got some emails recently, and when, or if, you clicked on the link you were greeted with an error message, Not to fret. It was going on in just about every active thread. You may have received some PMs as well…either here on the site or via email. Make of them what you will.

I originally expressed some curiosity. But the longer the messages continued, I also felt irritated because my own personal space on the forum was being violated. I.e. I didn’t start the argument. I didn’t participate in the argument, whatever it was. And now it seems I’m being drawn into the argument.

It’s now over. All is right with the world. At least my world is free to have a second martini, and turn the volume up on the guitar amp because the neighbors are out of town.

And speaking of over, I don’t think I have anything more to contribute to the playthrough. For me, it was the best playthrough to date. I don’t know what we can do next to come close. (But we will try.)  Smile

I don’t like to use the word “controversial,” but this was certainly the most unusual game we’ve played so far. And I mean that in the best possible way.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

This was a very amusing playthrough. Thanks to Sefir and to Dave Gilbert for stopping by to answer our questions.  Laughing

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Once again, thanks everyone who participated and Dave for his coming by.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top