• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

English Release Dates for Memento Mori 2 and Secret Files 3

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Stuart - 15 May 2014 06:34 PM

Any thoughts/views on Memento Mori 2 yet? I quite liked the first.

I’m playing it right now, and it is actually very good, better than the first one and much better than I expected.

There are some troubles with the localization, but the story is dark, twisted and gripping with some good plot twists, and it has me playing in long sessions totally immersed in the story unable to leave the game. It is quite puzzle heavy and the puzzles are for most part interesting, varying and non repetitive and I might add also quite hard, it is not an easy game. The voice acting is quite good especially the main role of Laura, and it is also a pretty long game with what looks like over 20 hours in it. It even has some different and tough decisions that you have to make, that will affect the ending and some parts during the game.

It is basically everything you can want from a Adventure Game and is so far looking like a 4 - 4.5 of out 5 game, despite of some translation errors, odd wordings and some outright bugs in the localization with missing or misplaced voice acting.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Iznogood - 15 May 2014 09:13 PM
Stuart - 15 May 2014 06:34 PM

Any thoughts/views on Memento Mori 2 yet? I quite liked the first.

I’m playing it right now, and it is actually very good, better than the first one and much better than I expected.

There are some troubles with the localization, but the story is dark, twisted and gripping with some good plot twists, and it has me playing in long sessions totally immersed in the story unable to leave the game. It is quite puzzle heavy and the puzzles are for most part interesting, varying and non repetitive and I might add also quite hard, it is not an easy game. The voice acting is quite good especially the main role of Laura, and it is also a pretty long game with what looks like over 20 hours in it. It even has some different and tough decisions that you have to make, that will affect the ending and some parts during the game.

It is basically everything you can want from a Adventure Game and is so far looking like a 4 - 4.5 of out 5 game, despite of some translation errors, odd wordings and some outright bugs in the localization with missing or misplaced voice acting.

I have to agree 100% with you, Iznogood. The game is a great surprise for me, in a good sense. Much superior than Memento Mori 1. People who want a great game should get this. Great variation of puzzles and “very hard” puzzles, to be precise. But all well written an integrated to the story. I did not finish it yet (the game is huge) but I can easely give a 4 - 4.5 for it. It is by far one of the best games this year, far more better than Meobius. And to think that this game was released 3 years ago, waiting for someone to localize it! We were almost losing a gem.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

UruBoo - 16 May 2014 07:33 AM

Much superior than Memento Mori 1.

How much? MM1 was, quite frankly, bad. I struggled to get through it out of lack of interest.

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Oscar - 16 May 2014 07:59 AM

How much? MM1 was, quite frankly, bad. I struggled to get through it out of lack of interest.

To be frank, it is a complete different game in terms of how it was constructed. It just felt as it’s not a sequel, just another game. In my opinion, you have to try it to see for yourself.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Oscar - 16 May 2014 07:59 AM

237% better than MM1

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Well, the more I’m going into the game the more I like it. I’m at the beginning of Act 3 an can say it is a hell of a game till now. Hope more people get the game and talk about it. It really needs to be seen.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Act 3 is actually a bit different from the preceding acts, and is much more puzzle heavy then the preceding ones, it unfortunately also has one very annoying puzzle that requires an extreme amount of trial and error, but it is in many ways also better than the previous acts.

But that is another thing I like about it, the different acts are also very different from each other, and not just the same thing repeated again and again.

I however think my favourite act so far is act 4, there is a lot of suspense and dark gritty atmosphere in that chapter, not to mention a rather large plot twist Wink

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

In case anyone is interested, then I have just posted a user review of Memento Mori 2

It is short, precise and gets straight to the point using as few words as possible… Erh… to be quite honest it is quite long. Someday somebody has to teach me how to write these using lees than 2000 words.

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

I finish the game and got a very good impression of it. And I agree 100% with Iznogood on his review. It simply explain in details (without spoilers) how the game works, the story, the writting and the acting. It could be better if it wasn’t for the damm localization (the voice is great but the subtitles are a mess). I too got some voice and subtitle that have nothing to do with the scene AND with each other in one part of the game and they really need to fix that ASAP. And, to finish, I think that the game deserves to be play for those that like good, solid, logical, clever although difficult puzzles.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Woah, not very short. I don’t want to be spoiled even a bit so I’ll hold the reading for now. But I’m surprised to hear about difficult puzzles. The first game was very easy.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top