• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielrtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

English Release Dates for Memento Mori 2 and Secret Files 3

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2014-04-20

PM

Malix - 20 April 2014 04:51 PM

But someone found out that the english texts and subtitles are included in the german version. Looks like these texts weren’t proofread by a native speaker (probably work in progress during development) but I’ve seen worse translations.

Here are three videos how it looks like:
- Menu music, Intro, first minutes
- Act 1 ending, Act 2 beginning
- Act 5 ritual cutscene

To enable the english texts and subtitles you have to add a commandline option to the game shortcut (desktop shortcut, shortcut in the Startmenu/Programs/Memento Mori 2 folder or create one to the Memento2.exe in the game folder). Rightclick at the shortcut and change the target from e.g.
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Memento Mori 2\MEMENTO2.exe”
to
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Memento Mori 2\MEMENTO2.exe” -lang:en,ge
and click at OK. Then start the game using this shortcut.

So…
If you’re tired of waiting and don’t mind play with english texts and subtitles but german voiceover you can do this now.

millenia - 20 April 2014 05:45 PM

Where can you buy the german version? Haven’t come across it at least.

I’ve also taken a beginners class in German, so I can pretend to understand the speech too.

The easiest way is probably a download version (option also works). I know only german gamesshops offering one. I don’t know if they accept international customers though. But if you understand enough german or translate the pages using google you can try it:
- X-Future
- McGame
- Gamesload

Otherwise normally Amazon ships international.
If you don’t understand enough german for a shop you can try Amazon UK: Link
Amazon.de is much cheaper though: Link

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Thanks for the links, I’m sure I’ll be able to buy from a German store too if they just accept me. But since I have like over a hundred adventures to play I don’t think I’ll buy it just yet but rather wait for a sale. Could also check if my version of the first game has the German speech in it, might be worth to replay that way.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2014-04-20

PM

I doubt that the english retail version of Memento Mori 1 has the german speech in it. Speech files are much bigger than text files. So while the developers were probably lazy and included disabled text from other languages they probably didn’t do that with speech due to the size.

The german retail version of Memento Mori 1 e.g. doesn’t have the english speech included. But you can also enable english text. So you can have english text with german voiceover with the german retail version. The commandline option is a bit different though:
-dbs:project\texts_en,project\sounds_ge

I guess you probably could enable german text with the english retail version, but not german voiceover.

If you have the steam version of Memento Mori 1 you could try to install the german localization (don’t know if Steam offers it) and then create a shortcut in the Memento Mori 1 game folder to the memento.exe and add the commandline option to the target of this shortcut.

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2008-10-18

PM

I thought it wouldn’t happen anymore. But you should never say never. Grin

Here it is!
The english version Memento Mori 2 will be released in two weeks on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/237970/

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Am I the only one who thinks there’s something wrong with the color palette:

I don’t know how to put it, but it’s all… yellow! And not in the artistic, but ugly-yellow sense!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I like the colors. Especially the middle one. nothing yellowy about it to me.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I don’t think it’s ugly. Where is it set? Some places around the Middle East, North Africa and South Asia have a definite yellow tinge to the sunlight. I know this from having traveled to some of those places.

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2008-10-18

PM

The screenshots diego posted were all from the first chapter which is set in the area of Cape Town.

Here are some screenshots from later chapters:
Lyon:

San Francisco:

Lara’s Home (Lyon):

Meeting Room (Lyon):

Crypt (Finland):

I don’t think the color palette is generally moved to yellow. Apart from the locations a couple of locations are visited in the late afternoon. So you have respective colored light.

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2006-12-26

PM

the game will available from Steam soon: http://store.steampowered.com/app/237970/

I can’t wait until wednesday which is my pay day!!

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2014-02-01

PM

Has anyone played the original German version when it came out? Is the game good?

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Hummm… Steam site is still posting Memento Mori 2 as a “pre-purchase”. Wasn’t it to be released yesterday???

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2003-09-27

PM

Memento Mori 2 is out on Steam now Smile

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

usman - 14 May 2014 10:25 AM

Memento Mori 2 is out on Steam now Smile

Not for me… it is still showing as a pre-purchase.

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2014-02-01

PM

It could simply depend on what part of the world you reside in. I’m in Canada and it’s available for purchase now.

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2010-11-01

PM

Any thoughts/views on Memento Mori 2 yet? I quite liked the first.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top