• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

“Yes” and “No” Quiz! (Christmas Special)

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Hmm .. one wrong where I was just guessing blindly, and two wrong where I had actually played the game and thought that I knew the answer

I guess my guessing skills are better than my memory.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I can’t believe that I got all right except for Sinking Island which is the only game I ‘researched’ - I must have blinked during that ending sequence when that screenshot turned up!!!!  Laughing  Congratulations BTW to all youse that guessed so well!  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Every sentence is either pure, sweet truth or a vile, contemptible lie! One or the other! Nothing in between!

Rules

1. Answer by “True” or “False” by private messages only!
2. The quiz will end in exactly 48 hours!

Christmas Special!!!

1. Snowman

The Ankh trilogy consists of Ankh, Ankh: Heart of Osiris and Ankh: Battle of the Gods. This is from Ankh: Battle of the Gods.

2. Sleigh

You can talk to each one of the Eskimos. (Ace Ventura: Pet Detective)

3. Party

Both Gabriel and Grace are at this screen. (Gabriel Knight 1)

4. Socks

This is a death cutscene. (King’s Quest)

5. Candy cane

You can reach this candy cane by jumping. (To the Moon)

6. Bunny

This image have been mirror reversed. (Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis)

7. Glowing tree

This image is from Carol Reed: Bosch’s Damnation.

8. Candle

This scene takes place in Paris. (Broken Sword 5)

9. Elves

This is a 360° rotating scene. (Spud!)

10. Christmas tree

The sign behind Sam says: “Happy elves make happy sells”. (Sam & Max Episode 201: Ice Station Santa)

11. Reindeer

You can ride this reindeer sleigh. (AGON: Episode 2 - Adventures in Lapland)

12. Beard

The true “face” of Dinghy Dog character is revealed at one point in the game. (The Curse of Monkey Island)

13. Hat

This statue is an automaton. (Syberia)

14. Snow

There’s the dragon in the cave on the right. (Simon the Sorcerer 1)

15. Wings

Jeremiah’s wings last only for a determined period of time. (The Night of the Rabbit)

16. Stars

You can exit through the window on the left. (Day of the Tentacle)

Hall of Fame: DarkEye 2, Karlok 2, Becky 1, Iznogood 1, Lady Kestrel 1, chrissie 1

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

You have 20 more hours to send your answers and win Christmas gifts!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Answers

1. Yes! Although, TimovieMan brought my attention to a fact that Ankh: The Tales of Mystery was the first “Ankh game”, which would count for a 4 games, but the Ankh series is still a “trilogy” because Ankh (2005) was a remake of that game.

2. Nope. You can’t talk to two Eskimos right behind the fire, but you can with those on the left of it (if their smile is accounted for a “conversation”).

3. Yes! Those who played it, know it all, those who didn’t - I’m not going to spoil anything!

4. YES!

5. No.

6. Yes.

7. Yes.

8. Nope, it’s in Spain.

9. Yes!

10. Nope. Happy Elves Make Happy Toys!

11. Yes.

12. Nah. Never.

13. Sure. In of the most iconic cutscenes.

14. Yeah. The “highly flammable” sign should have been a giveaway.

15. No! You can stand at that screen (and the neighbouring ones) as much as you want with your wings “extended.”

16. Nope.

Scores:

TimovieMan - 15
Lady Kestrel - 14
Karlok - 12
Becky - 10
wilco - 8

Thanks for playing, everyone! Grin

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I knew 7, Google-fu’d 5 more, and got 3 out of 4 guesses correct. Yay me! Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5598

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Nice score, Timo!  Thanks for the enjoyable diversion, Diego!

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Another fun one. Congrats to TimM and thanks to diego!

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks diego! I’m sorry I didn’t contribute but had all my answers ready then realised I’d missed the deadline! Cry Congratulations TimovieMan!  Thumbs Up

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top