• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

“Yes” and “No” Quiz! (Christmas Special)

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Thanks diego for another creative quiz! And congrats to Karlok, DarkEye, Izno, and Lady K.  Grin

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Thanks for another quiz diego, but didn’t you forget to post something yesterday? Smile

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thanks for the fun, diego!

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Questions about games I’ve played - 3 out of 3
Questions about games I haven’t - 7 out of 8

My intuition isn’t letting me down. Tongue

Congrats to Karlok, DarkEye, Iznogood and Lady Kestrel for their perfect score, and thanks to diego for the fun follow-up. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Ready for more?!

Every sentence is either pure, sweet truth or a vile, contemptible lie! One or the other! Nothing in between!

Rules

1. Answer by “Yes” or “No” by private messages only!
2. You can only have one try for each of the questions.
3. The quiz will end in exactly 24 hours!

This is from a casual adventure.

This is an animation prior to your death. (Lure of the Temptress)

This is from a dream sequence. (Morpheus)

This is from a cutscene. (Lost Chronicles of Zerzura)

This is from a cutscene. (Conquests of the Longbow: The Legend of Robin Hood)

The colors of this image have been changed. (Sam & Max (105): Reality 2.0)

This is from the ending sequence. (Sinking Island)

The character on the left is a fictional character. (Mata Hari)

The character on the left is a fictional character. (Escape from Monkey Island)

The character on the left is a fictional character. (Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy)

Hall of Fame: DarkEye 2, Becky 1, Karlok 1, Iznogood 1, Lady Kestrel 1

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4255

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

diego - 21 December 2015 12:12 PM

Ready for more?

False No.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

A little clarification due to numerous death threats demands for explanation:

1) The questions about cutscenes - if you think the screen shows when you can only watch, without interacting, then it’s a “cutscene”. Otherwise, whether it’s a QTE, mini-game, puzzle… where you need to make input, it’s not a cutscene.

2) “Fictional character” - even though the characters that represent a real-life characters are often fictionalized at one way or another in games, you should go by the next logic: if the character has THE EXACT same name as the real character, and obviously represents a person that really existed, it’s not a “fictional character”. Otherwise, it’s a fictional character. Smile

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I beg Zobraks, my special, uh, “consultant”, to clean his inbox a bit.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Done, but hurry before someone send some spam.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Well?

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Answers

1. Yeap. Where Angels Cry.

2. Yes!

3. This one is funny - I played the game when it was released (17 years ago), and I was dead certain that the answer is “no”, because, you see, those are “visions”, “hallucinations”, and not dreams. By an extraordinary stroke of coincidence, or subconsciously, I said “dream”, and Morpheus (this is not a spoiler, every review states that) is a game where you travel to dream worlds through the use of a “Neurographicon”. Also, everyone said “Yes”, so I just had to acknowledge my “mistake”.

4. Nope, it’s a puzzle actually.

5. Nope, a mini-game.

6. Nah.

7. Where majority got it wrong - the answer is “Yes”. Bad guy, floating in a sky? Seems more like an intro, but it’s actually the ending sequence.

8. She’s NOT a fictional character, she’s Marie Curie.

9. He’s based on Marco Polo alright, but he’s Marco De Pollo. Yes, a fictional character.

10. No - that’s Catherine de’ Medici.

Scores:

Karlok 9
chrissie 9
TimovieMan 8
Lady Kestrel 8
Iznogood 7
SpeedBo 5

Thank you for playing, everyone!!!

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

There’s a first-place tie. Let’s start a debate on this subject.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zobraks - 22 December 2015 04:34 PM

There’s a first-place tie. Let’s start a debate on this subject.

Yes, it’s a lovely tie of the Peanut gang.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

8 out of 10 correct? Not bad for a round where 8 of my answers were complete guesses. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

That’s a very tasteful tie, Karlok!

I waffled on #2.  I knew the skorls were supposed to be dangerous, but I didn’t think a punch would kill.  For #7, I assumed it was the intro as well.

Thanks for the fun, Diego!  Smile

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top