• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Last Crown

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

^ Nicely put. Some DLC is ridiculous. For example, Civ 5 lacked a number of features from Civ 4, such as religion. That was put into a Civ 5 expansion/DLC. Just seems silly.

I’m not sure how DLC can work for adventure games, which depend more on a tightly knit narrative than other genres.

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Excellent point! I agree that DLCs should behave like the expansion packs of yesteryear. As I see it, the original game should remain as independent as possible from any additional content.

It can work in adventures if you stick to a different storyline for each DLC.

Senscape // Founder // Designer | Working on: Asylum | Twitter: @AgustinCordes

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Could someone mention this to EA?

On second thought, don’t bother. As long as people willingly pay for what EA calls ‘DLC’, they’ll just keep milking the DLC-cashcow…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 57

Joined 2009-01-02

PM

I must say I am looking forward to playing this game. After almost 3 years I now continue to play Day 3 of The Lost Crown (yep, it took me a while to orientate in the story again, but I really did not want to start again, because this game is quite huge and I really do not have so much time). Anyway, to my point, I was again amazed by black and white graphics with colour parts and constantly took printscreens of all those locations. I have respect for Jonathan Boakes, incredible work!

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2006-11-21

PM

A screen cap from my phone of Mr Boakes screencap from his iPhone of the new titles title…?  I hope that makes sense.  Anyhoo I like it.

Coming to a vendor near us soon?

Grin

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
- Carl Sagan

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2007-07-23

PM

The Last Crow? Tongue

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Blah - 08 October 2012 04:58 PM

The Last Crow? Tongue

Yes, it’s a collaboration with Ragnar Tørnquist - a spin-off to the Longest Journey. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2006-11-21

PM

TimovieMan - 08 October 2012 05:08 PM
Blah - 08 October 2012 04:58 PM

The Last Crow? Tongue

Yes, it’s a collaboration with Ragnar Tørnquist - a spin-off to the Longest Journey. Grin

Crazy

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
- Carl Sagan

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

TimovieMan - 08 October 2012 05:08 PM

I would SO love that so much, it’s not even funny.

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2011-04-22

PM

When?

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2012-12-01

PM

Finally some news, if this is the thread to discuss The Last Crown: new pictures have been posted on the game’s homepage:

http://www.thelastcrown.co.uk/

and they look great. I can’t wait to return to saxton.

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

Looks like it’ll scare the crap out of me again! The music on that webpage already does.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2012-12-01

PM

The website has been updated again, this time with behind the scenes info pertaining the real world locations used for the game locations. Jonathan gives away a few very interesting hints about things to expect in the upcoming Last Crown, like:

“sourcing local produce and making sure the town ‘ticks along’ will form much of the side-mission stories in the Last Crown. It’s likely a few ghost stories and strange tales will be encountered along the way, whether they be on land or at sea. Having to work for a living creates all sorts of new opportunities, and unlocks some doors, for the ghost-hunting duo.”

Very interesting indeed!

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-03-27

PM

its been 2-3 years and still NOTHING???i think im done waiting for this game

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I’m replaying The Lost Crown, and I still think it’s one of the best adventures I ever played. I can imagine that it takes a LOT of time to make this on your own, so I will wait some more for The Last Crown. I hope it will appear before summer.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top