• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Autumn Moon Games has the best voice acting ?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

IMO

as an Independent Developer with only 2 projects so i found them having the best voice acting in their Games, that i EVER heard in all the adventures i played.

the accents with the three heroes of Vooju Island and the sound of Mona and her Bat in vampyre Story are just Top Top ...notch ,
i only played the English versions , so those who played the others i am sure they will confirm that it is just the same great story/sound.

i know that Bill Tiller and his crew take years to develop and publish their projects, but isnt it worth it after all?

I will be glad if anyone confirm this or even deny it.

Total Posts: 112

Joined 2003-10-18

PM

I wasn’t impressed to be honest.
I believe currently the best voice acting is on telltale games…by far.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

if you consider how Big Telltale is right now comparing to Autumn Moon, maybe you would give it another thought?

but anyways i love also the voice acting with Telltale’s Games

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Actually, the studio Telltale has been using all along for music and voice over (even before they were “big”) is the same studio that recorded A Vampyre Story—Bay Area Sound. And several of Vampyre Story’s actors are “regulars” in Telltale series (the actress who played Mona also played Edna Strickland in Back to the Future, for example).

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Yes, the voice of Froderick the Bat is the best in comedy adventures since the classics like Monkey Island or Toonstruck.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

diego - 20 May 2012 02:34 PM

Yes, the voice of Froderick the Bat is the best in comedy adventures since the classics like Monkey Island or Toonstruck.

Yes, but surely Mona’s isn’t as good… at least not good enough to call it the ‘best of all acting’.

That means better than Tim Curry in Gabriel Knight, for a start!

For me, Discworld all the way… both 1 and 2. Eric Idle, Tony Robinson, Jon Pertwee Heart Eyes

Total Posts: 77

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

LucasArts hasn’t been matched yet, in my opinion. Even The DIG had a superb cast with great voice acting. I still fondly remember the opening sequence of that game.

And I still prefer the original Sam and Max voices, even though I’m okay with the TTG actors.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Erwin_Br - 20 May 2012 04:03 PM

LucasArts hasn’t been matched yet, in my opinion. Even The DIG had a superb cast with great voice acting. I still fondly remember the opening sequence of that game.

And I still prefer the original Sam and Max voices, even though I’m okay with the TTG actors.

Agree..!, but maybe i should have said that i am suggesting current developers , because i wouldnt dare to mention Autumn Moon if i was also thinking of Manny or Glottis, for instance .

Total Posts: 77

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Adventurere No.1 - 20 May 2012 04:19 PM

Agree..!, but maybe i should have said that i am suggesting current developers , because i wouldnt dare to mention Autumn Moon if i was also thinking of Manny or Glottis, for instance .

Looking at current adventure developers, then yeah, Bay Area Sound is pretty much on top for me. So that’s TTG, Autumn Moon… Don’t know if they have other adventure dev clients.

And Wadjet Eye surprises me with their great voice actors. Especially considering they’re a very, very small indie studio.

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2003-11-21

PM

Nothing has ever topped Grim Fandango as far as I’m concerned (regardless of genre, even). In fact, if you think about it, there is a trend in all Tim Schafer games of having consistently great or even superb voice acting (DOTT, Full Throttle, Psychonauts, Brutal Legend). I don’t think it’s a coincidence.

Regarding Telltale, the Sam & Max games have very solid voice acting and I quite enjoyed it in the Wallace & Gromit series too. More recently, I played the Hector: Badge of Carnage episodes (not developed by TTG, just published) and the voice quality is amazing, especially if you consider that all male roles (and a couple of female ones in the first episode) are delivered by the same guy! Gasp Sure for some of the characters you can tell they sound alike but just the fact that he plays both Hector and Lambert boggles the mind.

No good deed goes unpunished

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Autumn moon games does indeed have some great voice acting. But the best? That to me would be Dreamfall. But that’s just my opinion. I do hope we get more games from them.

Wink

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2008-04-17

PM

Erwin_Br - 20 May 2012 04:03 PM

I second that!

In fact, I’d still like a 25th Anniversary Collector’s Edition version of those sixteen episodes that finally includes them… I think the only reason they weren’t in those new games is because Telltale couldn’t afford them, and because Kickstarter didn’t exist back then.

But now that we have Kickstarter… maybe it could finally happen?  Just sayin’.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I completed Vooju Island a few weeks ago. Best voice acting? Nah. Blue Belly is great, but the others aren’t. It’s still an okay game, worth a play.

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2009-05-20

PM

I too really enjoyed the voice acting in A Vampyre Story.
Mona and Froderick the bat were both great and worked very well as a duo.
I was very disappointed to hear they were going to replace Mona’s voice for the next game Frown
She had such a great unique voice..
I haven’t played much of Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island so I can’t say much about the voices in that one. The game felt too much like a Monkey Island wannabe to me so I didn’t play much of it.

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Regrettably, I think the question of who will provide Mona’s voice is pretty much a moot point. Autumn Moon and Crimson Cow have had eight years to resolve their IP squabbles, and have failed to do so. Tiller’s attempt to go in a different direction by using Kickstarter to fund a VS prequel was unsuccessful. Much to my dismay, I think we have seen the last of Mona and Froderick.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Santar - 21 December 2016 01:39 PM

I haven’t played much of Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island so I can’t say much about the voices in that one. The game felt too much like a Monkey Island wannabe to me so I didn’t play much of it.

If you liked A Vampyre Story which was very good (apart from it not being finished!) IMO Ghost Pirates is a lot better! Apart from the pirate theme I wouldn’t consider it a ‘Monkey Island wannabe’! Play more of it!  Laughing

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top