• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Place that quote!

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

How old is the game this quote is from? Sounds like something Jake Hunter would say….

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Wow, completely forgot about this thread. I’m not going to be fussy, Mike. Jake Hunter is correct.

Jake Hunter Detective Story: Memories of the Past to be precise.

Your turn!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Okay, Advie turned me on to this thread in reply #4141, and I really don’t have time to read through all 77 pages, so if this quote has been posted before, please pardonnez-moi, as they say in France:

“Two days in a row waking up in a semi-conscious stupor is enough for anybody.”

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

That sounds like Tex Murphy in Under A Killing Moon (but it might not be Smile )

Life is what it is.

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Jabod - 11 April 2015 09:47 AM

That sounds like Tex Murphy in Under A Killing Moon (but it might not be Smile )

But it might be, and it is! Could have been from just about any Tex Murphy game, eh?

It’s your turn Jabod, but bonus points if you (or anyone else) can tell me what Day he said it. Here’s the full quote:

“Maybe I need a career change. Two days in a row waking up in a semi-conscious stupor is enough for anybody. My nose is so sore my eyes water when I inhale and all my front teeth shift slightly when I exhale. On top of all this, I found out that the world population could be annihilated because of me.”

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Mike the Wino - 11 April 2015 12:05 PM
Jabod - 11 April 2015 09:47 AM

But it might be, and it is! Could have been from just about any Tex Murphy game, eh?

It’s your turn Jabod, but bonus points if you (or anyone else) can tell me what Day he said it. Here’s the full quote:

“Maybe I need a career change. Two days in a row waking up in a semi-conscious stupor is enough for anybody. My nose is so sore my eyes water when I inhale and all my front teeth shift slightly when I exhale. On top of all this, I found out that the world population could be annihilated because of me.”

I thought it was from that scene Mike but it was the word “stupor” that made me think it might not be as it suggested, to me, it might have been said by a drunk which wasn’t the case with Tex. As to day. First beating was by the Chameleon and the second by Eddie Ching’s goons so that would make it the end of Day 3.

Edited to add that I was wrong on the day. He said that at the very start of Day 4 as day 3 ends as he gets smacked around a bit.

New quote coming in a while but might be tomorrow now.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Jabod - 11 April 2015 12:13 PM

Edited to add that I was wrong on the day. He said that at the very start of Day 4 as day 3 ends as he gets smacked around a bit.

Correct again! You knows your Tex Murphy! Or (like me) you watched a Youtube walkthrough, heh heh. Grin

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Mike the Wino - 11 April 2015 12:44 PM

Correct again! You knows your Tex Murphy! Or (like me) you watched a Youtube walkthrough, heh heh. Grin

I know my Tex! PD is my favourite game of all time and UaKM isn’t that far behind. I’ve probably played both of those games 15 times each, possibly more. I have multiple CD sets (3 and 2 I think) plus both games on GOG.

Better go away and find something to quote from Tongue

Life is what it is.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Next up:

But if you turn up anything, you’re now obligated to report it. Assuming you want to be paid.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

From a little further on and this time from one of the lead characters:

Great. So I’m the NYPD’s dirty little secret.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 5601

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I was going to guess Mac from CSI: NY, but I think it’s more of a casual game.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Not CSI: NY Lady K and you’re correct if you’re thinking the quotes come from a fully fledged AG. Since I’ve used quotes from 2 characters I’m only looking for the name of the game (but bonus points if the characters can be named as well Smile ).

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 5601

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Is it Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon?

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Lady Kestrel - 13 April 2015 11:07 AM

Is it Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon?

I’m afraid not. That’s a game I’ve never played but, given how many people here rate it, perhaps I should give it a go.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Blackwell Epiphany?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top