• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Charophycean

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Any news of Bracken Tor or The Last Crown?

Total Posts: 43

Joined 2007-11-28

PM

(old thread here)

Well, nothing new to say really. Just wanted this thread to be here for future use.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Good idea. Same about The Last Crown. Maybe I should revive that one then.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Apparently, Matt Clark told a Swiss/German gaming site that Bracken Tor would be released this year, in the fall or winter.

http://www.gbase.de/pc/news/9048/Bracken-Tor-Der-Status-53947.html

On a personal note, I believe the title will benefit from a end of/post summer release. The games time setting is during a December/Christmas period; the dark and snowy haunted landscapes would look better without the bright warm light of summer beaming through gamers windows. (Matt Clark)

No comment.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

Reminds me of Microsoft’s comment as to why Alan Wake wouldn’t be released on a PC…

Some games are more suited for the intimacy of the PC, and others are best played from the couch in front of a larger TV screen. We ultimately realised that the most compelling way to experience “Alan Wake” was on the Xbox 360 platform, so we focused on making it an Xbox 360 exclusive.

Anyways, good to hear the game is still alive!

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Fien - 04 July 2012 04:32 AM
Matt Clark - 04 July 2012 04:32 AM

On a personal note, I believe the title will benefit from a end of/post summer release. The games time setting is during a December/Christmas period; the dark and snowy haunted landscapes would look better without the bright warm light of summer beaming through gamers windows.

That’s it - I won’t buy this game for sure. Not that I intended to buy it in the first place, mind you.

P.S. How full of s**t a game developer can get?

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

zobraks - 04 July 2012 05:23 AM

P.S. How full of s**t a game developer can get?

Hehehe… yeah, it’s a lame excuse. But to be fair, he’s right. I played the first Dark Fall in summer. Hot weather too. It would have been even better in dark, stormy weather, with rain beating against the windows…

Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 43

Joined 2007-11-28

PM

What bothers me isn’t really the motivation. He wants to release it in the winter? Fine, it’s his game, he can release it whenever he wants.

What bothers me is the way this piece of information was divulged. I mean, if he has something to say, and indeed he can say it (as opposed to being under agreements with distributors to keep everything under wraps), why not just post it in the official Bracken Tor website? Maybe in a nifty subpage called “News”? Why wait for an (afaik) obscure Swiss (!) gaming website to ask him about it? That’s if he hasn’t specifically chosen that website in particular of his own initiative, which would be a bit odd.

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

The site approached Matt Clark, that much is clear from the German news item.

Looking forward to:

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Let’s hope Matt Clark is right and the game is released this year. I would be happy then.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Matt Clark should remember that when half the world is summer, the other half is winter.

And anyway don’t sales usually increase rapidly after the initial release? Here’s the sale figures for Halo (first game I could find), I don’t know how good a comparison it is to smaller adventure games.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2009-09-03

PM

So what about the annoucement last November that the game would be finished before Christmas 2011 for release EARLY Q1 2012?  Not an official word from developer or publisher since then and now it looks like the earliest we’ll get the game is a year after this announcement!  Matt Clarke’s excuse really is pathetic after all the well-publicised delays.  So is the game finished and he’s just waiting for winter or is it not finished?  In the UK (where Matt is based remember) we’ve just had the wettest and least hours of sunshine April to June since records began over a hundred years ago! Anyway, if I want to play a dark spooky game and it happens to be a sunny day I just close the curtains!  Or play at night!

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

chsmt - 04 July 2012 08:34 AM

In the UK (where Matt is based remember) we’ve just had the wettest and least hours of sunshine April to June since records began over a hundred years ago!

I was just thinking about that since atm the play is suspended at Wimbledon and the tournament keeps getting crippled day after day due to the weather that looks mostly like autumn in an average (normal?) Northern Hemosphere country.

And here I am in my shorts, getting boiled on 38°C!

God, I wish Wimbledon (with its 15°C) was held in my place!

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

So what about the annoucement last November that the game would be finished before Christmas 2011 for release EARLY Q1 2012?  Not an official word from developer or publisher since then and now it looks like the earliest we’ll get the game is a year after this announcement!  Matt Clarke’s excuse really is pathetic after all the well-publicised delays.  So is the game finished and he’s just waiting for winter or is it not finished?  In the UK (where Matt is based remember) we’ve just had the wettest and least hours of sunshine April to June since records began over a hundred years ago! Anyway, if I want to play a dark spooky game and it happens to be a sunny day I just close the curtains!  Or play at night!

It always goes like this. It’s no use getting worked up about it. My attitude is this after many years of experience with waiting for games: The game will or will not come out, and if it comes out I’ll buy it. If it doesn’t come out, well, there are other games.

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2006-11-21

PM

tsa - 04 July 2012 09:41 AM

It always goes like this. It’s no use getting worked up about it. My attitude is this after many years of experience with waiting for games: The game will or will not come out, and if it comes out I’ll buy it. If it doesn’t come out, well, there are other games.

Hate to say it but this…

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
- Carl Sagan

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I believe the title will benefit from a end of/post summer release. The games time setting is during a December/Christmas period; the dark and snowy haunted landscapes would look better without the bright warm light of summer beaming through gamers windows.

Another Christmas is (far) gone, another winter is (almost) over, the sun will soon beam through gamers (and non-gamers alike) windows again, and Bracken Tor is nowhere to be seen or heard of. What else is new?

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

zobraks - 04 March 2013 06:26 AM

I believe the title will benefit from a end of/post summer release. The games time setting is during a December/Christmas period; the dark and snowy haunted landscapes would look better without the bright warm light of summer beaming through gamers windows.

Another Christmas is (far) gone, another winter is (almost) over, the sun will soon beam through gamers (and non-gamers alike) windows again, and Bracken Tor is nowhere to be seen or heard of. What else is new?

Indeed! I’m here sitting in the warm sun for the first time this year. I think Matt had Christmas 2014 in mind. Pity, I don’t believe this game will ever be released.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top