• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

AbnaxusLittleRosewalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Any news of Bracken Tor or The Last Crown?

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Same old, same old… How come I don’t even feel disappointment at this ‘news’ anymore?

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2003-12-31

PM

A note from Webslinger on the Steam discussion:

Hi everyone,

Just like you, I was wondering if this game would ever see the light, so instead of remaining passive and ‘bit ching’ about it here ;-), I decided to contact the publisher (Iceberg Interactive) for an update.

In short, this is what they claimed:

The game is done, as in all the content is finished.
But the game has grown so much in all those years (content / size) that it seems to be a real challenge to incorporate every puzzle and every bit of content into the game.

Assembling the game from all the loose parts is taking more time then they anticipated so they decided to let go of release dates and adopt a ‘It’s done when it’s done’ attitude.

I did point out to them that the marketing for this game was a disaster, they got involved at a later stage of the development, so most of it is Jonathan’s own fault, but all those broken promises and lack of updates to the fans is just @&%!

I have respect for Jonathan, doing almost everything alone, but he made soooooo much promises he couldn’t keep…

But whats another year, right :-(

Well that’s all from me, just wanted to share my update with you.

Cheers.

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2016-08-02

PM

Terabin - 22 December 2016 05:20 PM

A note from Webslinger on the Steam discussion:

Hi everyone,

Just like you, I was wondering if this game would ever see the light, so instead of remaining passive and ‘bit ching’ about it here ;-), I decided to contact the publisher (Iceberg Interactive) for an update.

In short, this is what they claimed:

The game is done, as in all the content is finished.
But the game has grown so much in all those years (content / size) that it seems to be a real challenge to incorporate every puzzle and every bit of content into the game.

Assembling the game from all the loose parts is taking more time then they anticipated so they decided to let go of release dates and adopt a ‘It’s done when it’s done’ attitude.

I did point out to them that the marketing for this game was a disaster, they got involved at a later stage of the development, so most of it is Jonathan’s own fault, but all those broken promises and lack of updates to the fans is just @&%!

I have respect for Jonathan, doing almost everything alone, but he made soooooo much promises he couldn’t keep…

But whats another year, right :-(

Well that’s all from me, just wanted to share my update with you.

Cheers.

Very disappointing, but not unexpected. Why Mr Boakes didn’t take the “it’s done when it’s done” route in the first place I will never know.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Dark Fall 4 announced by Darkling Room

Aaaaaaahahahahahahahahaha Grin

Joined 2016-08-02

PM

Oscar - 25 December 2016 06:29 PM

Dark Fall 4 announced by Darkling Room

Aaaaaaahahahahahahahahaha Grin

Where’s the face palm emoji when you need it!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Deeman - 30 December 2016 12:49 PM

Where’s the face palm emoji when you need it!

A facepalm isn’t strong enough. You need a headdesk.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

I was thinking more along the lines of something like this Wink

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 4257

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Sir B nailed it!

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2016-08-02

PM

Sir Beardalot - 30 December 2016 10:22 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of something like this Wink

Lol

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Great way to get rid of your fans, indeed! So I guess we will see no games from Darkling Room in the next five years at least.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I’ll be happy to play the game whenever it is released.
It’s too bad Mr. Boakes was never paid as contracted by certain game publishers, and has to work a day job instead of devoting all of his time to his game.

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

crabapple - 07 January 2017 11:09 AM

I’ll be happy to play the game whenever it is released.
It’s too bad Mr. Boakes was never paid as contracted by certain game publishers, and has to work a day job instead of devoting all of his time to his game.

I can vouch for this. We were luckier, but one major publisher who went “bankrupt” still owes us money from Scratches.

Worse even, Boakes was screwed by *two* publishers.

Senscape // Founder // Designer | Working on: Asylum | Twitter: @AgustinCordes

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

And now he’s being screwed by fans who think mr Boakes doesn’t give them enough attention.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I don’t think anybody begrudges the situation or the financial constraints. What pisses people off is the lack of information. If, at the current pace of production, Bracken Tor will not be finished until March 2020 JUST SAY IT! It is what it is.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 07 January 2017 07:47 PM

I don’t think anybody begrudges the situation or the financial constraints. What pisses people off is the lack of information. If, at the current pace of production, Bracken Tor will not be finished until March 2020 JUST SAY IT! It is what it is.

^ This.

Boakes has deterred a lot of fans, not because anyone feels he *owes* them, but because he has come out with dozens of release dates for an ever-increasing amount of games, and he has missed EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. of those dates.
He’s become a laughing stock because all we ever seem to hear from him is “It’s almost finished and coming out in a few weeks.” and this has been going on for years, with other projects popping up too, delaying things further.

He’d end up with more respect if he just outright stated he didn’t know when any of the games would release, and that it might well take years. Setting the expectations about a release back a bit is WAY better than continually getting everyone’s hope up and then crushing that.

The quality of his previous works is going to ensure that most of the genre fans are going to be interested anyway once the game DOES release. But the lack of solid information, and even complete mis-information is seriously hurting his cause.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top