• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #33: Scratches

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Hey, for those of us who also play casual games, spot-the-difference is a serious endeavor!  Cool

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Agustín Cordes - 07 May 2015 10:12 AM

About those screenshots, that was a tongue-in-cheek question.

Becky - 07 May 2015 10:34 AM

Hey, for those of us who also play casual games, spot-the-difference is a serious endeavor!

Indeed. We’ve been “programmed” to get busy whenever we hear the phrase.

Agustín Cordes - 07 May 2015 10:12 AM

Of course they’re vastly different, as the one in the bottom was the earliest test we ever did for the game! If we’re going to be strict, there are 480,000 differences in those images. Why?

800x600 resolution is 480,000 pixels.
Though I’d have thought there might be a black or gray pixel at the same location on both screens.
Which, if we’re “really” going to be strict would mean 479,999 differences (or less if more than one pixel is the same).

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I say the repeated pixel is actually a black one somewhere in the center of the keyhole on the chest, thereby enabling a key the size of a pixel to work on either chest.

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

It turns out there are several coincidences, so the differences are considerably less than 480,000:

I’ll let you folks do the counting Tongue

Senscape // Founder // Designer | Working on: Asylum | Twitter: @AgustinCordes

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sefir - 07 May 2015 07:10 AM

but PLEASE do not play the game while everyone else is waiting for the flag in 2 days (we are still waiting for some people to appear). Even walking freely into the house and exploring it can cause sone….actions to happen. After all, exploring it is a part of playing the game itself.

Apart from a phone ringing and being told that my luggage was getting heavy nothing happened yet. Besides, I wasn’t really playing, merely checking to see if it worked properly. I didn’t even save.
Thanks for the heads-up about stuff happening while exploring, though. Good thing nothing happened while I went to the attic (the obvious place to start in a mansion like this). Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

EDIT 3: I wholeheartedly recommend to play this game at night with headphones on.

Ah yes, I’m lovin’ that idea - under the bed, quivering with fear after getting the dickens scared out of me playing this game - yum!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5601

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I played the director’s cut last year, and the intro music still sends chills up my spine.  I’m looking forward to participating in this.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Mikekelly - 07 May 2015 08:45 PM

EDIT 3: I wholeheartedly recommend to play this game at night with headphones on.

Ah yes, I’m lovin’ that idea - under the bed, quivering with fear after getting the dickens scared out of me playing this game - yum!

Heart

My poor heart cannot withstand the scares. I’ll probably play in full daylight with every window in my apartment open to let all the sun in Grin

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’m participating as well. I have the Director’s Cut version from GOG still installed and it worked fine under win7.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

SoccerDude28 - 08 May 2015 02:40 AM
Mikekelly - 07 May 2015 08:45 PM

Heart

My poor heart cannot withstand the scares. I’ll probably play in full daylight with every window in my apartment open to let all the sun in Grin

It is not an adventure game with cheap scares behind every corner, I assure you!!
The whole tension is built mostly through the atmosphere!! That’s why my recommendations!!
(but of course there will be some good scares now and then Wink )

Karlok - 08 May 2015 02:41 AM

I’m participating as well. I have the Director’s Cut version from GOG still installed and it worked fine under win7.

Welcome!! Smile

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

And here we go!!!

The grand majority of us is here (some are still missing, but I’m sure they’ll catch up later on) and more than ready to start!! Today we will explore the interior of the manor with only some minor jobs outside by the gate. You have until the 19th of May to explore as much as you can, pick up as many objects as you can, learn as much for the story of the house and it’s previous owners as possible and thus move the game towards the next day’s morning.

Small tips:

1) Try to search every drawer, every table, every location. Believe me, it is as necessary as it is important. After all, you never know what can be found in some of those…
2) Try to read all the material that comes through your hands, be it journals, diaries or even newspapers, postcards, etc. May provide clues about the story or in some cases, riddles. I hope you’ll find the reading material as intriguing as I did.
3) Time moves forward either by some kind of specific action (f.e. find your room and put your luggage and typewritter in the appropriate place) or when you make some kind of important conversation on the telephone with someone else (mostly Jerry and secondary to your secretary, Barbara). Phone them when you have important piece of information to share with them.
4) There is a location in the house (find it yourself Naughty ) with a big pile of old newspapers. Here you can search the local news info about specific dates in the past. If you know what dates you want to search for.
5) In the following days I’ll post a list with all of the most important locations where Michael can interact (telephone, etc).
6) Don’t get scared by the lack of your reflection in the mirrors. You’re not a ghost!! Grin
(missed detail or something that adds to the atmosphere? Or budget option? I’m sure Agustin Cordes will tell us Wink )
7) There is a safe in the house. Can you find where it is?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

It is not an adventure game with cheap scares behind every corner, I assure you!!
The whole tension is built mostly through the atmosphere!! That’s why my recommendations!!
(but of course there will be some good scares now and then Wink )

My favorite horror adventures build the tension through atmosphere. My current favorite horror adventure is “Corpse Party: Book of Shadows” which did a great job of this.

So far, this game has a great look to it - the house seems very creepy…......

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-02

PM

I just got the game running, full-screen and all, so I would like to join in.
Unfortunately I mostly have to be content with headphones and maybe late evening plays, since I have to get up 6.30 on weekdays.
I´ll play it tonight though, all alone while the S.O is at work…

Total Posts: 107

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Hey, finally managed to get the game running ok. I had to disable the vsync in the sream.cfg file, as well as changing the rate to 60, and all seems to work fine now.

Director’s cut disc version for me, first time playing. Off to explore!

Cheers
Nod

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Duck of Doom - 09 May 2015 09:07 AM

I just got the game running, full-screen and all, so I would like to join in.

But of course! Welcome! The more the better!!
Smile

Noddy - 09 May 2015 09:16 AM

Hey, finally managed to get the game running ok.

Thumbs Up

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top