• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #32: Toonstruck

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’m missing 3 objects for the cutifier now. After running around to find the right outfit for the carecrow he gets zapped immediately… Poor carecrow

Is it just me or does the robot inventor sound like Christopher Walken?

Edit: I like that the Seedy “bowling technique” cutscene is irrevelant to the the story but it’s still there in all its nonsense glory Smile All these little cartoons cutscenes really add a lot to the game enjoyment.

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I love Seedy’s tutu.  It took me forever to figure out the bowling strategy, but I finally finished the cutifier.  I’m not sure, but I think that was the longest cutscene I’ve ever experienced in a game.  Now I’m faced with Snout in all his green yuckinessSick Eeeewwww!

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Cutifier also ready here. It was a lot more easy now then when I played the first time. Actually knowing the expressions in english now helps a lot.

Lady Kestrel - 16 March 2015 05:10 PM

I love Seedy’s tutu.  It took me forever to figure out the bowling strategy, but I finally finished the cutifier.  I’m not sure, but I think that was the longest cutscene I’ve ever experienced in a game.  Now I’m faced with Snout in all his green yuckinessSick Eeeewwww!

Enormous cutscene! Should have grabbed some popcorn to see it

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Two more items to go:

The heart and the rock.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Okay got the rock and roll Grin. Still need to find something to do with the heart.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Alright got the Sole to match the heart Grin , and I have finished the Cutifier. I think it is very clever to make the sole not the ultimate prize of the fish flushing contest. I had the blowfish with me for a while, and it had me stumped on the heart section of the cutifier, because the blowfish was the top prize.

This is definitely one of the longest cutscenes I have seen in an adventure game, but it is really worth it. Can’t wait for the last part.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Don’t you think it’s a WAY cruel for a fish flushing that the ultimate prize is the wrong choice Grin Especially since the “sole” comes as a description only after you catch it, and even then heart & sole (or heart & soul, as a play of words) is not as obvious as the other ones.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Yes, it was very cruel, especially since that green sucker was so hard to catch.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

diego - 18 March 2015 10:21 AM

Don’t you think it’s a WAY cruel for a fish flushing that the ultimate prize is the wrong choice Grin Especially since the “sole” comes as a description only after you catch it, and even then heart & sole (or heart & soul, as a play of words) is not as obvious as the other ones.

It is cruel, but at the same time very clever. We are always trained to get the first prize in anything, so it was just by accident that I stumbled on the second prize. Also the play on words fits perfectly in this world, since it is a toon world after all. . This game is really clever in its puzzles.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

diego - 18 March 2015 10:21 AM

It was and I got lucky because I got the sole fish at the second try and thought - “might as well try it” but had no idea about the heart and soul expression

I was stuck for a bit with the roll because it wouldn’t let me combine the dough with the spit before putting down the spit above the fire.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

wilco - 18 March 2015 06:14 PM

I was stuck for a bit with the roll because it wouldn’t let me combine the dough with the spit before putting down the spit above the fire.

Yeah, but it’s great how the game tells you “There’s a more convenient way to do this”, instead of a plain “That won’t work!”. Wink There’re more of these throughout the game.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Wilco,
It’s the piano duet that, next to “Chopsticks,” is probably the most spontaneously played piece whenever a piano is around.  Yours truly has even played it (but very badly).

It has been recorded by many singers over the years, including Ella Fitzgerald and Crystal Gayle.  Here’s a sung rendition from the late 1930s.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Lady Kestrel - 18 March 2015 09:24 PM

Wilco,
It’s the piano duet that, next to “Chopsticks,” is probably the most spontaneously played piece whenever a piano is around.

Haha! Thanx for the info, LK! Reminds me of a guitar players’ “rule” that you don’t play Stairway to Heaven in a guitar shop! Grin (I’ll add Smoke on the Water & Nothing Else Matters as well)

Yours truly has even played it (but very badly)

Hey! Didn’t know you’re in the bakery music business! Grin

As for the heart & soul, it’s not really a far fetched (if you think about, I think every nation, culture… has “heart” going on with the “soul” when describing a person, it’s just that the person who’s insightful about specific shoe brand or music lovers can get the drift of it faster. Tongue

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Wilco,
It’s the piano duet that, next to “Chopsticks,” is probably the most spontaneously played piece whenever a piano is around.  Yours truly has even played it (but very badly).

It has been recorded by many singers over the years, including Ella Fitzgerald and Crystal Gayle.  Here’s a sung rendition from the late 1930s.

Ah, thanks!
It’s the music from Big! (And other movies), the more you know!

diego - 18 March 2015 09:48 PM

As for the heart & soul, it’s not really a far fetched (if you think about, I think every nation, culture… has “heart” going on with the “soul” when describing a person, it’s just that the person who’s insightful about specific

My association was more that one, it can also work… Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Ha!  I had forgotten about that terrific scene from Big.  It’s time for a rewatch, I think.

Diego,
I was a very good singer but a poor guitarist and an even worse pianist.  Carnegie Hall was not in my future. Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top