• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #32: Toonstruck

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Lady Kestrel - 10 March 2015 12:25 PM

Do you have a paper manual, Diego?

No, I’m reading the PDF manual. I believe most stuff on Ebay and Amazon are without the manual, as you’d need to hunt down the boxed version. Half of the manual is used as a walkthrough to guide new players through several first scenes - I think that’s a neat feature, better to use the manual for those things than to force all players to seat through the tutorial in the first stages of the gameplay. Tongue I also know US and UK versions had differently stylized manuals (along with the front covers), but I believe not much so in the content.

Lady Kestrel - 11 March 2015 07:53 PM

Ha!  I think it’s neat that when the block of ice melts in the conversation bar, the dialogue is finished.

I also like how you get the whistles and other typical cartoon sounds when combining the wrong items. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Yes, the silly sounds are a good way to let us know something can’t be done. 

I’m not sure if this happens throughout the game, but I really liked the alternative dialogue when I didn’t pick up the key from the guards the first time.  That’s a nice touch rather than just repeating the same dialogue.

I haven’t gotten very far yet, but I’ll make an effort to get caught up by this weekend.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Wow this game is oozing hilarity. I have no idea what was wrong with me when I played a few minutes of it 6 months ago and put it down. I guess I was just not in the mood for a comedy at the time, but man was I wrong. The characters are very funny and very well voiced. And the production value for a game in the 90’s is at the level of Day of the Tentacle, and that is a HUGE compliment. 

My fav zanies are :
Woof and Jim (Ahnold Schwarzenegger)

and let’s not forget my very favorite as it stands right now malevolent BB Wolf. I love how he mixes words up trying to be fancy. I tend to do that sometimes Grin

Lady Kestrel - 11 March 2015 09:55 PM

I’m not sure if this happens throughout the game, but I really liked the alternative dialogue when I didn’t pick up the key from the guards the first time.  That’s a nice touch rather than just repeating the same dialogue.

Yeah I noticed that too. I am inclined to talk again multiple times to the same character after I’ve exhausted the dialogue choices the first time, just to hear what kind of funny stuff they are going to say.

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I just wanted to stay that because of real life, I wasn’t able to start the game until today. I’m hopeful that I will be able to catch your step in no time.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

After talking to the scare carecrow, I think I figured out what kinds of things I’m trying to find for the machine.  At first I thought they would just be opposites, but now I see where they’re going with them.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’ve been exploring Zanydu and have a question.  Is there a clue somewhere for the clock or is it trial and error?

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Lady Kestrel - 12 March 2015 08:53 PM

I’ve been exploring Zanydu and have a question.  Is there a clue somewhere for the clock or is it trial and error?

Oh, yeah, there’s a clue. Smile It’s one of the best puzzles in the game.

Very mild hint: The clue for the time is not at the same screen as the clock.

Mild hint: The clue for the correct time is in Zanydu, close to the clock screen.

Sefir - 12 March 2015 04:04 PM

I just wanted to stay that because of real life, I wasn’t able to start the game until today. I’m hopeful that I will be able to catch your step in no time.

You’ll catch up comfortably, even if you didn’t play it before. Wink

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Okay I have reached the Wolf’s Den. So far REALLY loving the game Smile

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

diego - 13 March 2015 02:01 PM
Lady Kestrel - 12 March 2015 08:53 PM

Oh, yeah, there’s a clue. Smile It’s one of the best puzzles in the game.

I have not solved this one yet. I am assuming that I’ll have to solve it eventually?

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

SoccerDude28 - 13 March 2015 02:28 PM

I have not solved this one yet. I am assuming that I’ll have to solve it eventually?

Yeah, don’t worry about it. Also, anyone reached the quiz? Aren’t you glad you had the practice in The Whispered World playthrough?! Grin

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It took me about an hour to figure out the clock puzzle, and the quiz is a dilly.  I ended up calling 4 times before I finished it.  I also made it to B.B.‘s den and accidently knocked over the pot.  Poor wolf!  Ha ha ha!

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Lady Kestrel - 13 March 2015 07:10 PM

It took me about an hour to figure out the clock puzzle, and the quiz is a dilly.

Thumbs Up I had an extra fun with it because I totally forgot that [spoiler]the officer said he needs “exactly 30 minutes to get home from the outhose”, and I just presumed he lives nearby and set the clock to 6. [/spoiler]

Lady Kestrel - 13 March 2015 07:10 PM

I ended up calling 4 times before I finished it.

Yeah, it also took me 3 times now even though I played it before! It’s a wicked puzzle, because if you play it for the first time you’ll run to see the answers, only to find out the questions are changed the next time Grin

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Yes, I got the clock set to 6:30 twice before I had a rush of brains to the head.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Lady Kestrel - 13 March 2015 09:47 PM

Yes, I got the clock set to 6:30 twice before I had a rush of brains to the head.

Yeah, I was also like “What?! No WAY I’m not right!” the first time I set it to 6:30. Grin How about the clock mechanism? I love how I thought it’s just a random system to make it harder, until I figured it out.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I’m torn on whether to join in. The game scares me. Nasty little cartoon characters, fantasy world coming into reality, a zany gameworld where strange and sinister things happen. Some of my nightmares are made of this stuff.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top