• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #32: Toonstruck

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Yes, this game is dangerous, Oscar.  You might pull a muscle laughing. Wink

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Lady Kestrel - 14 March 2015 11:46 AM

Yes, this game is dangerous, Oscar.  You might pull a muscle laughing. Wink

Hehe, yeah! It’s interesting, I’m playing Toonstruck for the 3rd of 4th time, and only now I feel like I’m enjoying it fully in the comedic sense. I guess I was paying more attention to the drawings, puzzles or music than to the dialogs the last time, but you also need a somewhat solid English language knowledge for some of the puns. Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I arrived the wolf’s den. Inventory is getting stuffed! But so far puzzles have been good (I also liked the clock puzzle in its various levels).
One thing thing I’ finding interesting is although I don’t remember much of the story and what’s going to happen I remember some puzzles solutions as they show up. For example, immediately after entering the Jim’s Gym I knew I had to use the butter there even before talking to him.
Cow and sheep after transformation is a classic! weird scene to be playing when someone steps in the room Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

wilco - 14 March 2015 07:47 PM

Cow and sheep after transformation is a classic! weird scene to be playing when someone steps in the room Smile

She’s a victim of bad cow disease.  Cool

Speaking of creatures, I do feel sorry for the poor elephant, especially since I’ve been back and forth so many times.  My inventory is also getting full.  I finally found a strategy that worked for the arcade machine after losing 6 or 7 times. 

Oh, and I tried putting things in the cutifier, but Bricabrac always gives them back.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

wilco - 14 March 2015 07:47 PM

weird scene to be playing when someone steps in the room Smile

Hehe… How about using Flux on squirrel’s door:

- Go up there and ask the squirrel if you can grab his nuts.
- I thought you’d never ask.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Lady Kestrel - 14 March 2015 09:03 PM

Oh, and I tried putting things in the cutifier, but Bricabrac always gives them back.

Yeah, until you’re completely done (12 objects in the correct place), you’ll be hanging on to your stuff as regular inventory items.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

SoccerDude28 - 10 March 2015 02:06 AM

I just love when adventure games reward you for solving a puzzle with a beautifully rendered and hilarious cut scene.

Ditto. Also, the “Meanwhile!” scenes in the style of Monkey Island or Day of the Tentacle are great addition for this sort of games. I don’t know why that feature was kinda abandoned in later humorous offerings.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Guard - The Outhouse Guard. Prevents “toileting with intent”. Hasn’t left his post for years, apparently.

Jim - “Get To The Choppa!”

Cat - A minor character. Well, not really a character at all, but we can hear it.

Vulture - Likes blues music. And signs. (“You mean an omen?”)

Lizard - The Lizard King, baby!

Woof & Warp - Flux: WACME! Drew: Maybe later.

Cuckoo - “Cuckoo clocks!” (Do it in Gabriel Knight 2 accent)

Swordfish - Not much is known about the Swordfish. It’s quite an important character in the game, though. Can you spot him?

and

My pal Flux.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’m giving you a greenlight to:

You’ll have 6 days to do so. An extra day is because we’re starting it one day earlier so everyone who reached the wolf’s den can get going with the game, and those who’re behind can easily still catch up.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I have been playing for several hours but can’t figure out how to get the nuts.  I think I should find a girlfriend for the squirrel, but so far, no luck.  It took me about 15 tries to finally get the sole from the fish toilet.  (I don’t think I have a fast twitch muscle left in my body anymore.) Meh

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Ah-ha!  I forgot about the cabinet!  Only 2 more items to go, I think.  I understand now why we hold onto our stuff.  Smile

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Can someone give me a slight hint with the clock puzzle? Not the flat out answer but just a tiny little nudge Smile
I think I need to set it so that the guard will leave the entrance. I called his phone number and got the answering message that he is home at 6:30. But I tried setting it to 6:30 and nothing happened. Am I missing something?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 16 March 2015 12:54 AM

Can someone give me a slight hint with the clock puzzle? Not the flat out answer but just a tiny little nudge Smile
I think I need to set it so that the guard will leave the entrance. I called his phone number and got the answering message that he is home at 6:30. But I tried setting it to 6:30 and nothing happened. Am I missing something?

You’re on the right track but there is something else you need to take into account when figuring out the time he leaves

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

[spoiler]I called his phone number and got the answering message that he is home at 6:30.[/spoiler]

You said it all. Tongue

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

diego - 16 March 2015 07:47 AM

[spoiler]I called his phone number and got the answering message that he is home at 6:30.[/spoiler]

You said it all. Tongue

I finally got it Smile Thanks for the hint, that puzzle was really clever.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top