• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

eddyc

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Casual Playthrough #6 – Drawn: The Painted Tower

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Welcome everyone to the Drawn: The Painted Tower AG community Casual Playthrough.

I am very proud of leading my first casual playthrough not to mention in The Painted Tower, which is the casual I love most.

This is the first part of the Drawn series, a trilogy that we will play all together. It was released in 2009.
I admit that I am not a dedicated casual player.Basically, I am not at all a casual player.
The Drawn series however, managed to get me love it in every way. Especially the Painted Tower, which was the first time I saw such an excellent concept. From its awsome soundtrack (one of the best ever IMO) to the magnificent graphics and the unique way of riddles, almost all casual players admit that Drawn is the best casual adventure game series ever made and every one of you should at least try it.
Believe me, you want to. The experience is one of a kind.
The production quality is so high that I’m sure many of you should at least take into consideration if it should be considered a casual one.

In a world shrouded in darkness….
In a town bleak and trampled….
A small girl stands atop a tall tower….
A beakon of hope, imprisoned by shadows….
She calls out for help….
But her voice is stolen by the wind….
And her tears, like dreams, are lost in the night…..

This will be a 3-week playthrough.
2 for gaming, 1 for commentary about the game.

After that, I believe that Lady K will open the thread for the 2nd one, which is of similar quality.

We will officially begin in the 4th of February, giving everyone the time to obtain the game (admit it. It’s a matter of minutes) or solve any technical problems that might occur.

Whoever is ready (has the game and installed without any problems), please confirm.

Last but not least, the necessary request to be on-topic, use spoiler tags whenever needed and be in a good-heart spirit in general.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Ready here. I played the first Drawn a year or two ago but didn’t continue with the sequels.

There’s a Groundhog Day sale on BigFish now and I’m thinking I should buy the third game, though I’m soooo broke again that it’s annoying.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 5553

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m ready to go.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5030

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Locked and loaded!

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8469

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Installed and ready to go. Cool

These three games were the only casuals on my giant list of AGs to play, so that’s saying something, imo… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

Loaded and ready.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Ready here too.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Amazingly, I have this game - bought it at half-price books for $3 bucks and it is on my netbook ready to play.

Didn’t know it’s a casual game, many sites list it as an award winning adventure game.

I also bought two other drawn games at the same time.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8469

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Mikekelly - 02 February 2015 07:07 PM

I also bought two other drawn games at the same time.

Those two will be played after this! Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Mikekelly - 02 February 2015 07:07 PM

Didn’t know it’s a casual game, many sites list it as an award winning adventure game.  Heart

It’s a casual game, but one that is amped up on every level so that “real” AG players won’t feel like they’re dumbing down if they enjoy playing it.  Smile

You will enjoy it. And you will be challenged by it. Invite friends. The more the merrier.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Installed and ready to go - Funny thing, even though I bought it from steam, then it still shows the BFG logo during upstart.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I would also like to add that this time I will try the android version of the game. All my previous playthroughs of Drawn were in windows.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

It is time for the green flag!!
Let us begin!! Smile

You find yourself just outside the Tower’s main gates.

You will make many friends along the way. You will help and be helped with the use of magic, nature, art.
Art….This game is all about it. Living paintings. Living pictures. images that blend our realities….Enter the tower and see with your own eyes.

You have until the 11th of February to reach the so called “Hall of Giants”.

I have to note that there are some slight differences from the older windows version I owned and this new android one that I play. Nothing that makes tremendous difference though (for example, in the first screen what was missing in my windows version was the handle, while in the android version what is missing is a key).

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Made it through the door to the right of the canvas.

Warning! When I last played the game I had a problem re-entering the canvas. The game was played on an older PC so maybe it was a PC problem. I’ve had to re-enter the canvas once so far with no problem. But I suggest you try to accomplish everything possible on the first pass.

I forgot how absolutely gorgeous this game is. Everything about it is stunning.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

There are 4 canvas that you need to visit before the deadline. Smile

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I wasn’t aware of, or better, didn’t remember the number. But I did remember that the farm scene wasn’t the end of the paintings. After all, the whole premise is that Iris creates worlds that can be visited via art. After the farm scene is put to rest, the next one comes where I am now. Unfortunately, I seem to have ruined it, and now must find a way to restore it.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top