• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Casual Playthrough #6 – Drawn: The Painted Tower

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Becky - 11 February 2015 12:18 PM

I skipped the “eyes” puzzle. I skipped it the first time I played too. That type of puzzle simply doesn’t appeal to me. For people who didn’t skip it, did you write down what happened when clicking on every single eyeball? Or is there an easier way?

You don’t have to write it down: Clicking on each eye will close/open any eye vertically or horizontally directly next to that eye, if I remember it correctly. I solved it by randomly clicking until I got it about 90% correct, and then worked out the rest in my head.

I suppose you could also use Tim’s solution, though like you I hate am not a big fan of those kind of puzzles, and would have skipped it before going to the length of making a sketch and systematically eliminating wrong solutions.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5030

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Sefir - 11 February 2015 10:27 AM

Yes. We will finish and discuss the game as much as we like, for as long as we like (2 weeks max). Then Lady K will open her thread whenever she feels ready. Wink

I’ve seen you say something like this on several occasions. You do remember that we’re playing all three games? Or is the assumption that Lady K will do this for the third game when the time comes?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5553

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m doing Drawn: Dark Flight, Tim, which is the second one in the series.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Yes, and I’m doing the third installment. But the fact that there will be a third game, ergo the Drawn trilogy is not mentioned anywhere. If that’s the case we might as well move onto the next vote when you’re done. Not your problem.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

We voted to do all 3 games, and I think everyone knows that.  Sefir was just talking about the next step.

I solved the spider puzzle randomly, as I usually do with that kind, and it eventually worked out.  I didn’t like the puzzle because it was a spider, the likes of which I am not fond.  Gasp

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Thanks for everybody’s help with spider eyes! I’m almost tempted to replay to try Tim’s solution.

LadyK—those eyes did give me the willies. (I wonder where THAT expression came from.)  Laughing  Maybe that’s why I jumped ship rather quickly both times.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Tim, I believe it is better for everyone that these should be 3 different playthrough threads (that’s why the title on this one is just for the first one). The reason is that this way it will be far more practical for every future player who wants to consult them. Do you imagine for example someone buying only the 2nd game and having to navigate through various comments from the other two games that have no interest to him just to find what he wants?

And, yes, of course Lady K is right. I’m talking only about the next step. I imagine that you will open the 3rd game after Lady K closes the 2nd one. But Lady K will mention how she organise her time scheadule on her part of the playthrough.

EDIT: Correct me if I’m mistaken, but I think that when I say in the introductory post: “This is the first part of the Drawn series that we will play together”, the “That we will play together” part, refers to the last mentioned subject, which is the Drawn series, grammatically speaking. I can understand that there may be misunderstandings and I’ll edit it to be more accurate though.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Correct me if I’m wrong, but

Sefir - 04 February 2015 08:42 AM

You have until the 11th of February to reach the so called “Hall of Giants”.

It is now the 12th of February

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

It is time to move on. Go, go, go to the way up top!!

Last time, we were left in the Hall of Giants. Along the way, we scared some crows to leave a sunny field, did some damage, but no harm done since everything was repaired afterwards (I can only imagine the horror of the cleaning service as soon as they see all that sand in the 2nd floor though), helped a shaman brew a magic growing potion, helped (and got helped in return) by the magic tree and took care of a “hero” performance!! (wasn’t the use of the shovel excellent in that riddle? Grin )

There are 3 more paintings waiting for you!! There is no timeline to finish the game, but I believe that most of you will have the game finished within the week (at most).

Have fun everyone!!!

EDIT: As for the non evolving story of the game, I like to think the story of all the trilogy as a whole.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Iznogood - 12 February 2015 12:27 PM
Sefir - 04 February 2015 08:42 AM

You have until the 11th of February to reach the so called “Hall of Giants”.

It is now the 12th of February

Yes. That meant that the day after the 11th of February, we start the next chapter of the game (as I also already said to rtrooney some posts earlier)

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

As promised earlier, now that we’re on to the latter part of the game, here’s the clocktower in daytime, screenshots snapped as the camera pans upward.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

And here it is at night:

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Won’t call is a real bummer because it wasn’t catastrophic, but since I resumed playing this afternoon I’ve experienced two hard crashes. I don’t think it has anything to do with the game, but rather with the BFG Game Manager client. I will probably need to uninstall/re-install it before proceeding further. It may not be a problem if your running the game on a non-PC platform.

Hint for those who have not played the game before: Hang onto your torch!

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I just finished the game tonight.  It still impresses me as one of the most beautiful games I’ve ever played.  Between the art and the music, I was held captive right to the end.  I took a bunch of screenshots but will hold off posting them until all have finished.

I had trouble solving one of the painting puzzles because I had forgotten to move to the left.  The same thing happened to me the first time I played it, so you’d think I’d have learned.

Another nice touch was if you make a mistake on the pattern duplication puzzle, the next round is an easier pattern to remember.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Sefir - 12 February 2015 12:37 PM

Yes. That meant that the day after the 11th of February, we start the next chapter of the game (as I also already said to rtrooney some posts earlier)

Well you can’t expect me to read and remember everything you write Tongue Besides I was getting a bit impatient to start the the next part.

rtrooney - 12 February 2015 07:09 PM

Won’t call is a real bummer because it wasn’t catastrophic, but since I resumed playing this afternoon I’ve experienced two hard crashes. I don’t think it has anything to do with the game, but rather with the BFG Game Manager client. I will probably need to uninstall/re-install it before proceeding further. It may not be a problem if your running the game on a non-PC platform.

I have also had something like 5 crashes and I’m playing the Steam version, so I don’t think reinstalling will help you. Personally I think I will try playing it with Steam in Offline mode, as that has helped with some other games with similar crashes, though it probably won’t help.

Anyway I have cleared both the Hall of Giants, without much difficulty, and the Fire and Ice part, with much difficulty Shifty Eyed Especially the Friend or Foe puzzle gave me some major headache:

[spoiler]You get to a gate, where there is some tiles you can arrange, one solutions light up some green eyes, another some red and a third one of each. Well green is usually good and red bad, so I leave it with the green on. But then what? The door doesn’t open, the raven(?) on top gives me the same answer, and there doesn’t seem to be anything else in the painting you can interact with, so perhaps there is something outside the painting we need to interact with, perhaps the two lionheads by the side of the painting? It turns out you can put your hand in their mouth and then they will bite at you, but that also doesn’t accomplish anything. Well perhaps I need to place something in their mouths, or perhaps green is the wrong colour and I need to arrange the tiles differently, or perhaps… Fast forward about 15 minutes and about 743 different things I have tried to absolutely no avail, and I suddenly notice that I that I can also punch the lions on the snout Meh ... Fast forward another 10 minutes and 237 attempts, and I finally give up and use the hint button, the third level hint reads: “Solve only the lion with the green eyes”... m’kay… Which Lions? Those outside or inside the painting? And more importantly, HOW THE F… AM I SUPPOSE TO SOLVE THEM, you couldn’t have told me that instead you completely useless piece of an excuse for a hint system ... Fast forward a bit more, and I finally notice that you can also pull the kittens by their whiskers, my mother always told me that you shouldn’t do that, and I still have the scar to prove that she was right, but lets see what happens… Now remind me again, which lion was it that we were suppose to solve? The one with the green eyes, right! The one with the green eyes in the painting is the one to the right, the one to the right outside the painting has the word FOE written in big letters underneath it?!? Fortunately I got suspicious here and instead went for the FRIEND lion instead, anyway another 10 minutes of whiskers pulling and I have finally solved this ridiculous puzzle.[/spoiler]

I did like the fire puzzle though Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top