• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Until Dawn

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I imagine there’ll be maybe 20 or so prime endings, and then various minor variations of those with character swaps and such. I can’t see them making a completely unique ending for every outcome.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 10 December 2014 03:30 PM

I imagine there’ll be maybe 20 or so prime endings, and then various minor variations of those with character swaps and such. I can’t see them making a completely unique ending for every outcome.

^ This.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Even 20 unique endings would be cool, most games don’t bother with that.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

I couldn’t care less how many different endings it would have, for me it’s a totally irrelevant number.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I have a confession to make… I’ve ordered a PS4… Please, your judgmental eyes are too much. With all those Japanese games in the works and Until Dawn, it was difficult to pass up the Lewis Hamilton of game consoles. However, I’m pretty excited and for a good reason!

Here’s a new preview of Until Dawn by Danny O’Dwyer from Gamespot that’s really positive:
http://www.gamespot.com/videos/until-dawn-how-does-this-ps4-exclusive-play/2300-6425986/

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

thejobloshow - 13 July 2015 05:46 PM

I have a confession to make… I’ve ordered a PS4… Please, your judgmental eyes are too much.

Nothing wrong with that, you are now able to play Bloodborne so it’s all good Thumbs Up

Until Dawn will be great fun but I’m not watching any more videos (too much will start to get spoilery) but like I said in the other thread, doing a slasher movie game is a great idea.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I have a confession to make… I’ve ordered a PS4… Please, your judgmental eyes are too much. With all those Japanese games in the works and Until Dawn, it was difficult to pass up the Lewis Hamilton of game consoles. However, I’m pretty excited and for a good reason!

Here’s a new preview of Until Dawn by Danny O’Dwyer from Gamespot that’s really positive:
http://www.gamespot.com/videos/until-dawn-how-does-this-ps4-exclusive-play/2300-6425986/

Welcome to the club.
Tad behold Naughty

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

You rang…:)

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

123pazu - 13 July 2015 08:12 PM

Nice, I’m looking forward to this game… And for those people who have never had a PS3, both Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls are being ported to the PS4 also…
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/16/beyond-two-souls-and-heavy-rain-are-ps4-bound

JASON… JASON… JASON…........ JASONNNNNN

This reminds me of this Heavy Rain glitch:

BIG WARNING: DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK IF YOU HAVEN’T PLAYED HEAVY RAIN YET AS IT INCLUDES A BIG SPOILER.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Early impressions and reviews from gaffers are super positive, praising clever storyline,
writing and one of a kind narrative experience.
Total length is around 9 hours, chapters available for replay.

Have my copy since yesterday, but no time.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=176157848

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

^id hope so! PS4 is presently “winning” this generation.. so they dont have any excuses to not get it support for some interesting exclusives. It’ll probably be a while before the system convinces me.. but still.. moving in the right direction… slowly..

Yea, the PS4 is getting more tempting by the day…........now used ones are $349 and lots of great games for little $$$.

More system sellers like this game and I may give in…..........

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 93

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

This game will definitely surprise people, it’s far better than I think anyone was expecting. It’s stunning on a technical level and the story is far more ambitious than the simple recreation of a “teens on holiday” slasher flick. It’s a pastiche of a bunch of different kinds of horror movies which slowly reveal themselves over time. It definitely went to places I wasn’t expecting.

The only thing I’m skeptical of is how much could actually change on further replays. There are elements to the story which I think really limit the amount of flexibility in outcome so I highly doubt there are multiple different endings possible. Unless you’re truly awful at the game, there’s gonna be basically one ending with the minor variation being which of the teens survive. I also have my doubts as to which teens are genuinely killable as the story revolves around a core group of them, with the remaining few being expendable and often vanishing from the story for hours at a time even if they’re alive.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SamandMax - 23 August 2015 02:16 PM

This game will definitely surprise people, it’s far better than I think anyone was expecting. It’s stunning on a technical level and the story is far more ambitious than the simple recreation of a “teens on holiday” slasher flick. It’s a pastiche of a bunch of different kinds of horror movies which slowly reveal themselves over time. It definitely went to places I wasn’t expecting.

The only thing I’m skeptical of is how much could actually change on further replays. There are elements to the story which I think really limit the amount of flexibility in outcome so I highly doubt there are multiple different endings possible. Unless you’re truly awful at the game, there’s gonna be basically one ending with the minor variation being which of the teens survive. I also have my doubts as to which teens are genuinely killable as the story revolves around a core group of them, with the remaining few being expendable and often vanishing from the story for hours at a time even if they’re alive.

Put 2 hours in and the atmosphere , artdirection is superb.
One of the best camerawork in any medium.
I agree on final outcome and read the ending didnt give much closure, but after finishing the game you can check where your decisions went wrong.
So maybe perfect playthrough gonna reveal more.

Still game is a lovechild of Saw gruesome deaths scenarios, REmake type camera angles and HeavyRain type gameplay with better writing than both Beyond and HR . The butterfly effect thing which might seem innocuous , can cause real game changing effects and thats where this game supplants other.
Structural work is too much, Devs did great job.

I am surprised by the overall quality.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

http://www.powerpyx.com/reviews/until-dawn-review.html

Guess about one ending was right, but you can only affect who survives.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top