• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Day of the Tentacle: Special Edition

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

http://kotaku.com/day-of-the-tentacle-is-getting-remastered-1667741724

Let’s just hope they change NOTHING! Grin (apart from better sound quality and graphics resolution)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

FANTASTIC!!!!

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Great news and yes, I hope they don’t mess with the art style like in MI

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

I actually think I might need to upgrade my PS3 for a PS4 now. Like, really. Just for this (and Grim, obviously). And I didn’t particularly want to, despite the obsolescence. But…Wow.

Did not see this one coming.

Hopefully, no one pulls the plug this time.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

theyr bringing both this and grim fandango to new systems, and not re-doing the whole voice cast?
amazing Wink

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I’m withholding excitement until I see what this means for the art style. I don’t want another Monkey Island Special Edition with its tasteless mobile app art design.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Sony is showing a lot of love for Double Fine, after this Grim Fandango, DotT, Broken Age this can only mean they will get to Full Throttle eventually!

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

As far as I remember Lucasarts was working on a remastered/HD version of the game before it was bought by Disney.

It was more or less completed, do you think Double Fine will use that version or start again.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

This will be much easier to do than Monkey Island. The art style for DOTT has a distinctive, jagged cartoony look that can be upgraded to HD, with a little skill. I still think the original looks gorgeous so they should not need to change anything really.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Hopefully they’ll add some sweet new action-platforming gameplay!

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

I’m hoping for some spiffy new haircuts ala the Monkey Island remake.

Seriously. The reaction to that was hilarious.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

thejobloshow - 06 December 2014 04:37 PM

I’m withholding excitement until I see what this means for the art style. I don’t want another Monkey Island Special Edition with its tasteless mobile app art design.

This, pretty much. Especially because, unlike MI, there’s not much else to add here. There was already excellent voice acting, and it’s a near-perfect game that has aged very well. I’m down for a nice-looking redraw, but I don’t have much time for anything less.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Now with better lighting Smile

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Frogacuda - 06 December 2014 10:11 PM

This, pretty much. Especially because, unlike MI, there’s not much else to add here. There was already excellent voice acting, and it’s a near-perfect game that has aged very well. I’m down for a nice-looking redraw, but I don’t have much time for anything less.

I don’t think we have anything to worry about on that front.  First, Tim Schafer is directly involved, not some faceless Lucasarts lackeys, and secondly, unlike the original Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle already had an iconic art style.  They’d be complete fools to revise the style—and Tim Schafer is no fool (despite not being great with budget planning—he’s no fool when it comes to art direction, anyway.)  This will be an HD remaster of the original style; mark my words.  Smile

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Lambonius - 07 December 2014 01:14 AM
Frogacuda - 06 December 2014 10:11 PM

I don’t think we have anything to worry about on that front.  First, Tim Schafer is directly involved, not some faceless Lucasarts lackeys, and secondly, unlike the original Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle already had an iconic art style.  They’d be complete fools to revise the style—and Tim Schafer is no fool (despite not being great with budget planning—he’s no fool when it comes to art direction, anyway.)  This will be an HD remaster of the original style; mark my words.  Smile

Unless they decide to work with the assets from the unreleased LucasArts remake, which is always a possibility. But yeah, I would trust Double Fine to handle the art more than Lucas.

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

I am pretty confident about this. Even if in a worse case scenario the art looks not that great like in Monkey Island Special Edition, I think we will still have the original DOTT. I am stoked for portable Day of the Tentacle on VITA! If this means Full Throttle is next, then 2015 is going to be an amazing year for replaying the classics on the go!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top