• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 21 October 2015 05:38 PM

Hey Wilco,

How do you rate the Steam Link and Steam Controller so far? Are they worth a purchase?

Steam Link for me absolutely yes, works has intended, I’m able to stream from the desktop PC to the tv without any hiccups. I do have to keep it wired because the wireless network in my house is not very good and it keeps pausing. But using a wired network I never had any problems so far. Been using not just for games but also streaming videos. It’s also possible to hook up various controllers to it like the X360 or Xone, not just the Steam controller.

Steam Controller I’m still undecided. I like it for mimicking the mouse in some cases. Point and click adventures, strategy games seems cool. FPS games I’ve read some opinions it was better than a standard controller but I tried HL2 and failed miserably, mouse+keyboard still much better. Also feels a bit weird at first since I think it’s bigger than than most controllers but I’m getting used to that. Third person games or platformers I always prefer using other controller. Might take a bit of getting used to it. One cool thing is that it’s possible to customize every button it has and also mess with the trackpad sensibility. Than you can save your preferences for each game and even upload it so anyone in steam community can use it. I’ve already seen some cases where I just used something stored in there and was great (Undertale, for example).

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Assassins Creed Syndicate reviews are out and are not bad! Al least is seems it’s not broken like Unity… 19th century parkour is on!  Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Anyone saw what happened at the Sony conference in Paris?

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Dreams, Horizon, Wild, GT and the new Quantic Dreams game called Detroit Become Human was announced. It’s based on the demo they showed about the android wanting to live.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Seems like a good line-up, can’t wait to see it. any news about backwards compatibility for the PS4?

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Nope.

Here’s the Detroit Become Human trailer:

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I don’t get it why they don’t just but those PS1 and PS2 games on PS4… So annoying

Detroit looks interesting, Wild and Horizon looked amazing

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

No Man Sky is coming in June… Woot!!

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Every time I see No man’s sky, I get less and less interested in it. It doesn’t seem to have much variety in such a big universe.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 28 October 2015 03:27 AM

Every time I see No man’s sky, I get less and less interested in it. It doesn’t seem to have much variety in such a big universe.

Every emotion towards it is procedural Tongue

Its resource gathering and survival till you reach final point in the galaxy.
Its gonna be good exploring time burner.

Wild looked just ok, nothing spectacular.
Horizon looks rough, needs alot of polish.
GT was a good surprise.
Detroit was cookie cutter, looked ok with cheesy scenes.
Whats with French fixation on the Detroit as Cyberpunk hub?
DeusEx now this.
And that kara chick , got bored of her already after The Following.
Well , not much excited about QuanticDream new project but atleast there is an alternative in Supermassive if all fails.

@wilco

Yeah Asscreed looked good this time, definitely gonna give it a try , because leads and story feels good also the setting and characters.
Despite the reviews its still barebones in gameplay and least selling Asscreed
ever next to Rogue so thats a good sign.
Tongue

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Yeah, I don’t think Ubisoft understand how to look after a brand. The smart thing to do is to have less of them, but build them up and refine as they go. Not release 8 a year lol.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I agree, to me it seems like tons of beautiful empty space with little exciting stuff to do.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 28 October 2015 08:39 PM

@wilco

Yeah Asscreed looked good this time, definitely gonna give it a try , because leads and story feels good also the setting and characters.
Despite the reviews its still barebones in gameplay and least selling Asscreed
ever next to Rogue so thats a good sign.
Tongue

I’ve put some time into it, combat is same old easy stuff but the mission variety and controls are better. 2 playing protagonists are cool and London setting is good.
No doubt sales are slowing down a lot, the Unity debacle last year probably is hurting this one.
I think they’ll release one next year because the movie is coming out and maybe stop if the sales continues to go down. Then they’ll release the Assassins Creed with Kojima Tongue

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 29 October 2015 04:19 AM

I agree, to me it seems like tons of beautiful empty space with little exciting stuff to do.

I think the problem is that we’ve been seen the game too many times showing up in all conferences for the last 2 years. The premise is still the same since the beginning.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Platinum keeps on delivering,

Nier Automata gameplay, 60 fps.

Damn, son.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top