• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I’m glad SEGA are going to delay a few projects. It shows their attitude has indeed changed and they’re willing to give their products the time needed. I just hope their efforts payoff.

It seems their big announcement was indeed Yakuza remake. It’s not something I’m particularly excited by, but others seem to be so, it’s done it’s job.

Update: or maybe it’s not Yakuza: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/17/atlus-to-reveal-a-brand-new-title-sometime-very-soon/#WQZHmCjEQxzuGk6p.99

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The problem with Yakuza 6 and the remake is that they are going to be released here… at least for a while.  Yakuza 5 is still doesn’t have a precise date I think (and it’s going to bomb, being a PS3 only game).

New Atlus game? I would love to see a Catherine 2…

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 17 September 2015 02:53 PM

The problem with Yakuza 6 and the remake is that they are going to be released here… at least for a while.  Yakuza 5 is still doesn’t have a precise date I think (and it’s going to bomb, being a PS3 only game).

New Atlus game? I would love to see a Catherine 2…

The problem with Sega is that they dont give rights to other companies or loclization like Xeed and Atlus.
Unless its big company like Sony.
Nor they have robust localization department like Koei.

Edit:

Damnnnnn they bagged in Beat f***in takeshi in Yakuza6.

That’s huge.

I bought Yakuza3 on ps3 in japanese for 80$.
THIS might push me over again.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x376iex_koei-tecmo-s-attack-on-titan-gameplay-tgs-2015_videogames

8 min demo,
Great effort and stepup from Dynastywarriors rehashing every year.
Infinite boost is easy, after grabbing giants they should have included stamina meter or something to limit the grab, other wise simple and solid mechanics.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Its official,

Konami ceasing all AAA development except PES.
Well i am sure Sony can shop the rights for Silenthill inhouse development .
Get original creator/writer/Director, Toyoma of SH on board, after he finishes GravityDaze2, hire freelancers Akirayamaoka and Artist Ito, and get over with it.

Meanwhile,

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Expected by now, I hope the developers all flee from there and fast, but I doubt Konami gives up the rights to any of their properties, they are going to milk it their pachinko and mobile crapiness

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 18 September 2015 01:53 PM

Expected by now, I hope the developers all flee from there and fast, but I doubt Konami gives up the rights to any of their properties, they are going to milk it their pachinko and mobile crapiness

Its actually use of license like Sega gave for Shenmue, Bayonetta2 etc.
While ip still remains with the owner.
Konami wil get the royalties while production would be totally by Sony.

In anycase, Foxengine is definitely we are not going to see outside PES.

Edit:

In an interview with Famitsu, Shuhei Yoshida mentioned that there are more games coming from worldwide studios in 2016 that have not yet been announced.

Also he said he was impressed with Koei Tecmo showing.He said Ni-Oh is his most anticipated game.

Broshida knows watsup.
English ver comfirmed.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I doubt Sony will just throw their money to build a Silent Hill game, without retaining the rights to the IP. It is too risky of a move for a company that is struggling financially. Now if they would buy the IP, that would be a different thing.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Sony throwing money for marketing and production for Shenmue3 too, not to mention the goodwill it gains by such joint ventures

Koei got a million seller,

VR support confirmed

VR 2 millions sales confirmed on launch

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

@wilco

Kotaku ran this story of Destiny , i will ask again.
Do i need to have Destiny expansions TDB and Wolves before i can get into Takenking and open new subclasses?

Do i need to replay those TDB missions or can just directly start story missions of Takenking. I can buy 60$ version since sold my vanilla one also not interested in Multiplayer stuff.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 21 September 2015 07:56 AM

@wilco

Do i need to have Destiny expansions TDB and Wolves before i can get into Takenking and open new subclasses?

Do i need to replay those TDB missions or can just directly start story missions of Takenking. I can buy 60$ version since sold my vanilla one also not interested in Multiplayer stuff.

You do need to own all DLCs to get everything out of the strikes/weapos/crucible, but all new copies of Taken king come with everything released. Do you still own the Destiny disk? You can trade it for the Taken King.

I’ve read all new copies of TK come with a character boost to level 25 and you can directly start the TK missions.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 21 September 2015 08:48 AM
nomadsoul - 21 September 2015 07:56 AM

@wilco

You do need to own all DLCs to get everything out of the strikes/weapos/crucible, but all new copies of Taken king come with everything released. Do you still own the Destiny disk? You can trade it for the Taken King.

I’ve read all new copies of TK come with a character boost to level 25 and you can directly start the TK missions.

To avoid confusion,

I sold my Destiny copy early on for good.
(I stopped the game and sold it at Level 20 with some motes of light)

I can buy 60$ ver which includes vanilla game, DLCs and Taken King.

I want to start TakenKing Story missions with new subclasses directly without doing DLCs The Darkbelow and Wolves etc. filler stuff .

Can i do that?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 21 September 2015 09:29 AM

To avoid confusion,

I sold my Destiny copy early on for good.
(I stopped the game and sold it at Level 20 with some motes of light)

I can buy 60$ ver which includes vanilla game, DLCs and Taken King.

I want to start TakenKing Story missions with new subclasses directly without doing DLCs The Darkbelow and Wolves etc. filler stuff .

Can i do that?

Yeah, you will get an orb to go to level up to 25 directly and can start the TK story.

You should do the TDB abd HoW missions later, they are small DLCs but ok missions. The TK does look like a big step up in storytelling. I’ve only done the first mission but had lots of cutscenes and interactions.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Possible sequel to the best single played FPS in years suggested by the voice actress of Anya:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-09-23-the-voice-of-the-new-orders-anya-strongly-suggests-a-new-wolfenstein-is-in-the-works

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Alison Road (Spiritual successor to P.T) now on kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/allisonroad/allison-road-first-person-next-gen-survival-horror

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top