• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieseagul

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dog Mendonça and Pizzaboy

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Yeah i have no idea what to expect from this either. Their updates have been few but always seemed like good signs of progress. (Like one about getting a publisher, and then going into beta) So at least part of the fun will be the surprise of seeing how this turned out. Its sounding like we’ll see a finished product in Q1.

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2014-10-24

PM

tomimt - 17 December 2015 03:44 AM

I had already forgotten I had backed this. This project was not keen in their communication with the backers and most of the their updates were just cringe worthy (which makes me worry about the writing quality of the game as such) and didn’t tell much about how their project was going.

So in all, I’m pleasantly surprised that they actually have been making the game.

In their defence I can totally understand how a small indie team can struggle to keep backers supplied with interesting information while at the same time everyone being very much involved with developing the game.

I’ve met Martina, the lady that runs Okam, a couple of times now and have always found her to be very sincere and very passionate about their Dog Mendonça game. Both she and her team have been super busy and, given that English isn’t their first language either, I can understand why they haven’t been able to find the time to post up more regular updates. In addition to this remember that when a project comes to a close the team have to be in a position to jump onto something else (lest everyone have to be let go), you have to look after your staff and I’m sure a great deal of time has been spent planning for what happens to Okam after Dog Mendoça.

That being said I do understand as well why some backers may feel they haven’t been kept adequately up to speed, but personally I’ve always had complete confidence in Martina and her team.

Really looking forward to the game and hope Okam go onto great things.  Laughing

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Another backer update just went out and its official: release date of march 4th

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Great! Not too far away, looking forward to it

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Pretty interesting to see what OKAM have managed to cook up. I remember kickstarter was a real rollercoaster and succesfully funded only in the last hours of the campaign. I hope kickstarter funds and partnership with Koch media have had good impact to the game.

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top