• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dalewalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] The Casual Playthrough Voting Thread

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 18 July 2015 03:20 PM

Unlike the Enigmatis games that had the same characters, or the Dire Grove games that had different characters, but shared the same location, neither the Shiver games nor, particularly the Surface games share game-to-game continuity.

Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I vote for:

Surface: the Noise She Couldn’t Make
Depths of Betrayal
F.A.C.E.S.
9: the Dark Side
Nightmare Adventure: the Witches Prison

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Voting/Nominations as of June 18

4 F.A.C.E.S. TimovieMan, Tim, Millenia, furgotten
3 Shiver - Poltergeist Tim (leader), TimovieMan, Millenia
2 Calavera - Day of the Dead TimovieMan, Tim
2 Surface: The Noise She Couldn’t Make Timovieman, furgotten
2 9: The Dark Side TimovieMan, furgotten
2 Depths of Betrayal TimovieMan, furgotten
1 Lost Lands - The Four Horsemen Tim (leader)
1 Nightmare Adventure: The Witches Prison furgotten

I know I said I would lead F.A.C.E.S., but I noticed that Lady K had offered to lead it during voting for the last CCPT. I’m her backup if she has changed her mind. I’m willing to lead some of the others, but would like to see if someone wants to step up first. Come on you future leaders! Take a risk. Lead a game. I have not played either 9: The Dark Side or Nightmare Adventure, so I don’t feel qualified to lead either of those two games.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’d be willing to lead F.A.C.E.S. or Surface: The Noise She Couldn’t Make.  I have to check to see what other games in the current list I can play on my system.  Also, there’s one game nagging at the back of my brain that I wanted to recommend but can’t remember right now.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Vote total as of June 19

5 F.A.C.E.S. Lady Kestrel (leader) TimovieMan, Tim, Millenia, furgotten
4 Surface: The Noise She Couldn’t MakeLady Kestrel (leader) Timovieman, furgotten, Tim
2 Calavera - Day of the Dead TimovieMan, Tim

Not a runaway by any stretch. Games in “last” place are only four votes out of the lead.

I’m willing to lead some of the others, but would like to see if someone wants to step up first. Come on you future leaders! Take a risk. Lead a game. I have not played either 9: The Dark Side or Nightmare Adventure, so I don’t feel qualified to lead either of those two games.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I won’t be able to play Lost Lands: The Four Horsemen because the Mac system requirements are too high for my machine, and 9: The Dark Side is also out for me because there’s no Mac version.  I can play all the others and could also lead The Witches Prison, which, if I remember correctly, is a good game.

I just downloaded Shiver: Poltergeist and Calavera.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m not sure from this post if you are actually voting for any games other than the two you offered to lead earlier. Smile

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Under the heading of I’ve Played Way Too Many Casual Games, I clicked to install Shiver and walked away to do something.  When I came back, there was no BUY button because it turns out it was already installed.  I don’t remember playing it, but evidently I did. [insert sheepish grin here]

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Add my vote to Surface and Calavera

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Vote total as of June 19

5 Surface: The Noise She Couldn’t MakeLady Kestrel (leader) Timovieman, furgotten, Tim, Iznogood
3 Calavera - Day of the Dead TimovieMan, Tim, Iznogood

This is the last posting for the day. Add my sheepish grin to Lady K’s. I said I hadn’t played 9: The Dark Side. Well, apparently I have! I bought it and played it back in 2012. I’ve re-downloaded it, and will play a bit to refresh my memory.

I will undoubtedly play whatever game is chosen, but am currently only voting for games I am/was willing to lead.

I’m willing to lead some of the others, but would like to see if someone wants to step up first. Come on you future leaders! Take a risk. Lead a game. I definitely haven’t played Nightmare Adventure, so I still don’t feel qualified to lead that game.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I vote for:

Calavera - Day of the Dead
Lost Lands - The Four Horsemen
Nightmare Adventures: The Witch’s Prison

Nightmare Adventures: The Witch’s Prison also has a sequel that involves the same heroine—Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn. However, the sequel ends on a bit of a cliffhanger, apparently preparing for a third game in the series that hasn’t released yet. I’m not sure if people would want to play Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn in conjunction with The Witch’s Prison or not.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Vote total as of June 20

5 Surface: The Noise She Couldn’t MakeLady Kestrel (leader) Timovieman, furgotten, Tim, Iznogood
4 Calavera - Day of the Dead TimovieMan, Tim, Iznogood, Becky
2 Lost Lands - The Four Horsemen Tim (leader), Becky
2 Nightmare Adventure: The Witches Prison furgotten, Becky

Two games move up a vote, but don’t change position. One game moves up a position into 2nd place.

Four games are still leaderless. Time to step up to the plate.

There are still quite a few regular players that we haven’t heard from: Sefir, chrissie, harald, Colpet, and Crabapple to name a few.

I’m going to give the voting/nominating process another week or so. Those interested in nominating a game should probably have their nominations in by this Friday, June 24. Those who want to vote should try to get their votes in by Next Monday, June 27.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I did play about 1/2 hour of 9: The Dark Side. I know now why I forgot I played it. It was forgettable. No offense to those who like it. But I didn’t. I will still play it if it’s the chosen game. But it’s hard to lead a game you don’t like to play. Thus I will not volunteer to lead this one. Which still leaves us with four games needing leaders.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I vote for F.A.C.E.S., Calavera, Shiver and 9.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Vote total as of June 21

6 F.A.C.E.S. Lady Kestrel (leader) TimovieMan, Tim, Millenia, furgotten, Sefir
5 Calavera - Day of the Dead TimovieMan, Tim, Iznogood, Becky, Sefir
4 Shiver - Poltergeist Tim (leader), TimovieMan, Millenia, Sefir
3 9: The Dark Side TimovieMan, furgotten, Sefir
2 Lost Lands - The Four Horsemen Tim (leader), Becky
2 Nightmare Adventure: The Witches Prison furgotten, Becky

The race tightens at the top

Four games are still leaderless. Time to step up to the plate.

There are still quite a few regular players that we haven’t heard from: chrissie, harald, Colpet to name a few. I’m going to give the voting/nominating process another week or so. Those interested in nominating a game should probably have their nominations in by this Friday, June 24. Those who want to vote should try to get their votes in by Next Monday, June 27.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top