• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Help me find an old game?

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2010-09-07

PM

I have some vague memories of playing a certain game at some point in the 80s, but I can’t for the life of me remember what it was. Here’s what I do remember:

- I played it on a PC.
- I’m pretty sure the background was bright magenta.
- You played as a detective, and I think the idea was that you were chasing an art thief.
- The gameplay involved following footprints to different locations and picking one of the three(?) locations.
- I don’t know why, but this game really, really reminds me of it. Maybe they came on the same floppy disk.

I know it’s pretty much nothing to go on, but maybe it’s enough that someone might recognize it? It’s been bugging me for months and I’d really like to know what it is, because it’s the first video game I ever played. Nostalgia is a powerful motivator.

Failing Upwards

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I can’t see the video you linked but is the game you’re looking for Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?

http://www.mobygames.com/game/where-in-the-world-is-carmen-sandiego

Joined 2010-09-07

PM

Yes! Thank you! You have no idea how badly I was itching to find that game. I don’t know how Alley Cat got mixed up in this, I must have been playing it at the same time.

Again, thank you so much. That REALLY scratched the itch.

Failing Upwards

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

Man, Alley Cat was the best game. I still play it every now and then for a few minutes. Someone really needs to do a remake of it.

Joined 2010-09-07

PM

I actually think it might be Alley Cat that I played first. Wow. I’ve never felt so retro-nerd cool in my life. I really should play those games again.

Failing Upwards

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Isn’t there an Alley Cat for XBLA?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top