• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

grizzlypantsKeybordzSpeedBoVeoviszobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 5601

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Best of luck with the job app, Fantasy! 

I had roommates in my freshman year of college.  My first one lasted 4 months.  The first day she hung a huge rubber spider from the lamp cord in the middle of the room.  I told her nicely, of course, that if she didn’t want to be awakened by loud screams in the middle of the night as I made my way to the bathroom, then she should take it down.  Our relationship went downhill from there.  She left mid-year to be with her friends in the new co-ed dorm on campus. 

My second roommate was a sweet and sassy lady from down the hall who had been stuck with a bigot and a slob for the first term.  We had no problems and finished out the year together.  The following years I was a resident assistant, so I had a room of my very own for the first time since I was a baby.  It was heaven. Smile 

Trip preparation is a chore, Jelena, but think of the fun you’ll have when you get there.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Lady Kestrel - 02 October 2012 01:42 PM

Trip preparation is a chore, Jelena, but think of the fun you’ll have when you get there.

Oh, no doubt it’ll be fun, but it’s actually an official journey with meetings and field trips. But then we’re staying on our own expense for the weekend as well which will be a lot of fun. I’m going to visit the big Pablo Picasso exhibition for instance! Woot! Grin

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

O, even I like that! I saw a Picasso exhibition once. I think it was in Barcelona. Lots of fun!

Total Posts: 5601

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I saw a huge Picasso exhibit at the Museum of Modern Art in NY many years ago.  The volume of his work took up 3 floors, and I remember being very impressed with the size of his Guernica canvas.  I also liked the way the museum showed the progression of his work as he began to experiment with Cubism.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

tsa - 02 October 2012 02:36 PM

O, even I like that! I saw a Picasso exhibition once. I think it was in Barcelona. Lots of fun!

Ah, but the Picasso museum in Barcelona is not quite so good (I mean, it’s obviously not bad either, it’s Picasso after all, but it doesn’t have many major works), because it’s mainly his early works which are much more generic, so to say Wink I did see a Picasso exhibit in Helsinki a couple years ago - that was quite impressive! Didn’t have some of the greatest pieces, but was still a noticeably large exhibit and did still have stuff like this:

Awesome in real life Smile

As for something really amazing in Barcelona, see the Fundació Joan Miró! Grin

Oh, by the way, I’m going to Paris on the 15th!

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

HI MR AGFORUMS

Y U NO STICKY TOPICS IN CHICHAT FORMU?

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

My fingers always stick to the iPhone when I ‘click’ on a sticky thread. Yuck!

Total Posts: 83

Joined 2006-09-15

PM

Must…Not…Make…‘Sticky…keyboard’...Joke.

http://www.ted.com/
http://www.nature.org/
You don’t have to agree with what everyone says,
Just respect there right to say it

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Speaking of keyboards, I’ve used the same one for my Dell desktop for about 10 years. It’s in good shape but the keys did have some small blemishes from what have you. One thing is I tend to eat cereal in front of the computer, and sometimes a little milk splashes onto the keyboard. Plus, all the keys had a fair amount of junk on their sides. I used compressed air to blow out A LOT of dust and hairs from underneath the keys. Then I decided to remove all the keys and scrub them clean one by one using a mix of cotton swabs or folded paper towel along with Lysol cleaning spray.

Now the keyboard looks great and brand new. I thought it was relatively clean, but actually cleaning it made a huge difference. It’s the little things that bring satisfaction.

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

OMG, “Red Dwarf X” airs tonight. *squees and bounces around*

“Red Dwarf-Back to Earth” may have been a disappointment, but don’t let that stop you from watching the new series. I’ve heard SO many good thigns about it, that’s it’s like classic Dwarf, and I’m so excited!

I also realized the program that will allow me to watch “Red Dwarf” online will also let me watch “Come Dine with Me”, which was my favorite show when I was over there.

*squees all over the place*

Sorry, it had to be said.

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Total Posts: 165

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

‘Come Dine With Me’ was great fun to watch as a student. It’s the sort of show that’s supposed to be awful and a guilty pleasure, but that is actually just surprisingly well-made and funny and good.

Brilliant to watch in a student house, too. It brought us all closer together.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Finally I’m back in Enschede! Hopefully it will stay that way now for longer than 1.5 months. I’ve seen enough hospitals on the inside for now.

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

Hammy, it’s so amazing, and so funny! I laugh out loud so many times! I just watched the episode where she’s serving roadkill and they were all freaking out. The narrarator/host is hilarious too. I just love it all so much! I couldn’t watch it outside of the UK for so long, I was so jealous you guys get to watch it everyday.

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I have a drinking problem. Confused

Yesterday I had to throw no less than 19 beers away because they had either expired in April or in June. Me and the Mrs. (and visiting friends and relatives) apparently drink SO much alcohol, that all our beer has ample time to expire… Meh

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

That’s a lot to waste! Should have shipped it to me. Tongue

I got the library job interview that I really want, so fingers crossed.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top