• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

So er…my brother in law just rushed my sister to hospital to give birth to what will make me an uncle for the first time.

So that’s happening…

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Congrats!

Next, kids of your own? Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Heh, thanks, I’m too anti social for that sort of role mind Smile

I’m just waiting on the news now if it’s a girl or a boy while I look after their dog. The little thing seems really confused as to why they’re not home right now.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Intense Degree - 06 August 2015 09:15 AM

I don’t know whether there are any other cricket fans here, but man, Australia are taking the absolute beating of a lifetime over here at the moment.

Ashes?

Atleast England got grip in some sport.
After T20 i dont enjoy full onedays let alone test cricket.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Tad - 10 August 2015 04:30 PM

I’m just waiting on the news now if it’s a girl or a boy while I look after their dog. The little thing seems really confused as to why they’re not home right now.

No word yet. Looks like it might be a later birth then we thought.

Thinking about it now, what I said earlier isn’t true. I’m quite social, I’m just not a drinker. I never got the taste and as I live in the UK and it seems to be the main thing people do, well, you can see the problem. Heh.

UPDATE: It’s a girl! Smile

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Tad - 11 August 2015 12:22 AM
Tad - 10 August 2015 04:30 PM

No word yet. Looks like it might be a later birth then we thought.

Thinking about it now, what I said earlier isn’t true. I’m quite social, I’m just not a drinker. I never got the taste and as I live in the UK and it seems to be the main thing people do, well, you can see the problem. Heh.

UPDATE: It’s a girl! Smile

Ooh, congratulations!

Also, about the drinking, I know exactly what you mean (in Finland) Shifty Eyed

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Thanks Smile

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Weird day today.

My parents came to pick up the kids early morning (the missus was already off to work, and I had to work as well), and while I was putting the kids’ stuff in the trunk of my baby sitters’ parents’ car, my mom asked if I had my house keys with me (she feared the door would slam shut behind me, despite both my parents being in my house and able to open the door). I spoke the now-legendary words “I ALWAYS have my keys with me!”.

Cue half an hour later. My parents had left with the kids, and I was getting ready to go to work. I took out my keys, opened the front door, and then remembered that I hadn’t refilled my bottles of water (only the coffee is free at work, you need to bring your own water Shifty Eyed). So I went back inside, car and house keys still in hand, to refill said bottles. I put my keys next to the sink and refilled the bottles with tap water. Then I put the bottles away, and left the house, slamming the door shut. With my keys still next to the sink…

Karma is a bitch. Tongue

This meant that I had to call my dad, who had to come over - again (and it’s a 20-minute drive for him) - with the spare key to the house so I could leave for work.
That also meant that I had to call the office as well to say that I would be half an hour late… on the day that I was going to give in my resignation.

Murphy’s Finagle’s Law has a wicked sense of timing. Tongue

Yes, I quit my job today. Some stuff happened a few months ago that I was most displeased with, so I went looking for another job. Found something a LOT more interesting (content-wise), and it pays better too. Huge step up for me. “Business analyst” is a lot more impressive than simply “administrative assistant” too. Cool

Anyway, fast-forward several hours.

I was almost home from work, I made the final turn in the street and… my car was seemingly already parked in front of my house… Gasp
Now, I have to elaborate. The car I drive is of a pretty common make and model, but the colour is not. I’ve only seen 3 other cars of that type in the same colour, and two of those were hundreds of miles out. In my area, I’ve only seen a same-coloured one once.
And now one was sitting on the parking spot in front of my house, “my” parking spot. A parking spot where it only rarely happens that someone else parks (the neighbourhood’s a dead-end street after all).
I had to look twice and actually think about which car I was driving before it struck me that it was just a different car of the same model and colour.

The coincidence was borderline surreal… Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

The keys on the sink thing is very familiar to me. And the car thing too, but in my case I thought someone was stealing my car. I was surprised about how furious I got in just a few seconds, before I saw that it wasn’t my car the lady drove away in but a car that looked a bit like it and had the same color.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Heh. That’s one weird day alright. Glad you found another job so quickly though. I’m in the same situation where things have happened that I’m not happy about, but it’s so difficult to find something else. I don’t have much experience so I get the “we’re looking for someone with more experience” line. Yeah…that line…

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Tad - 12 August 2015 04:54 PM

Heh. That’s one weird day alright. Glad you found another job so quickly though. I’m in the same situation where things have happened that I’m not happy about, but it’s so difficult to find something else. I don’t have much experience so I get the “we’re looking for someone with more experience” line. Yeah…that line…

Well, I’ve worked at the same place for ten years, so there’s no lack of experience, and the job content gave me a lot of experience with many different stages of a supply chain, so I wanted to couple that particular experience with my IT bachelor’s degree.
I was fed the “not the profile we’re looking for” line a few times (because I was looking for a different job than the one I had), but a few companies thought I had “exactly the profile they we’re looking for”. Funny thing that. A couple of big companies with a reputation for giving chances to people with diverse profiles turned me down, while those looking for something very specific were always very interested. Even when it was for the same type of job.
Well, especially when it was for the same type of job, because the one I’ll start at (after my period of notice) was actually the first one I applied to - procedure just took a while - and their job description was so interesting to me that it kinda coloured my entire search afterwards.

After that stuff happened at work a few months ago, I realized that I had some ambition left in me after all. In a couple of months I’ll have a job that, imo, will be fitting to my own view of my potential and intellect. Much different than my current job for which I’m frankly overqualified and underappreciated.

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Congratulations, Uncle Tad! Smile

Timo,
After reading about your day, I thought of this:
Mama Said 
Congrats on your new job and best of luck with it!

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Not sure about your house Tim, but the apartment I live in, you can either bolt the door from top (which you can do from inside and you need a key to open it from outside), or bolt it from the bottom (which you can only do with a key from the outside). I usually only bolt it from the bottom with the key when i go out, so that way, there is no way of locking yourself. If I forget the key, the apartment is not locked. Problem solved Smile

And congrats Tad on becoming an uncle. Makes us feel a little old when we get to that stage huh?

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Thanks for all the kind messages Smile

And yes SoccerDude28, it certainly does.

@Tim sounds like a blessing in disguise if you’ve discovered more drive in you. The problem I currently have is I have school and collage qualifications and could of gone to uni afterwards, but chose not too. My teachers said I could have, but at that stage in my life (4 years ago), I just wasn’t up to another few years of tests etc. Plus, where I live, I don’t think it would be any help really. Here in the UK, it’s incredible tough to get into certain computer fields and your best bet is moving to London - which I have no interest in doing. I grew up in a smaller rural environment and it’s naturally what I prefer. London is a bit of a joke in my opinion too. Expensive, loud, crammed services, etc.

I’m also a more work to live person over live to work, so I’m quite content on living away from that race and learning a lot of skills via hobby etc.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Congrats with your niece Tad!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top