• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Fate of Atlantis…really?

Total Posts: 57

Joined 2009-07-07

PM

TimovieMan - 03 June 2014 01:05 PM

(OTOH, let’s just pretend Kingdom of the Crystal Skull doesn’t exist, ok?).

Bah! It’s not that bad. Frown

“It is so shocking to find out how many people do not believe that they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult.”

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Crystal Skull had so much potential, and starts out great, but the movie just gets worse and worse as it goes on.  As soon as they end up in the South American jungle, the movie just becomes one big cringe-fest.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Antaios - 04 June 2014 02:11 AM

Bah! It’s not that bad. Frown

It is in comparison to anything else that’s Indy-related. Kinda like The Phantom Menace (oh, hey, same writer Shifty Eyed). While it’s not the worst film ever and while it may even be enjoyable on some levels, it still damages the overall quality of the series and should be disregarded.

This goes doubly so for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull because Frank Darabont (imo one of the most talented people in Hollywood) spent a year writing a script for Indy 4, and both Spielberg and Ford were ecstatic about it, until dumbass Lucas plainly said ‘No.’.
I wanted to see the Darabont script come to fruition.
I still do.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2014-06-05

PM

I had to register just so I could toss in my two cents. Grin

Even though I as such agree with all the points of the original post, this remains one of my favorite adventure games of all times. It was one of my first, and I have so many fond childhood memories of playing it.
I love the three paths, and don’t think I have ever played the “same” game twice!

Happy gaming!

Joined 2014-06-05

PM

PS. I also pretend Kingdom of the thick skulls doesn’t exist.
What a travesty. Lacked all the charm of the original trilogy. And not becase of Harrison Ford/old Indy - purely because of a lousy script!

Happy gaming!

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2014-05-28

PM

Yeah, Crystal Schlong suffers form several issues, not the least of which is a buildup of unmatchable expectations within the viewing public at large.  I hold myself, an audience member, as responsible for the suckiness of Indy 4 as I do Spielberg, Lucas, Koepp, Ford, and Marshall/Kennedy (I never hold Williams or Michael Kahn responsible for anything bad, they’re just too consistently amazing at what they do).

It’s like Star Wars Ep 1.  Sure, it sucks a million ways to Sunday, but how could it not, with all that buildup?  Same went for Indy 4 and same will go for Star Wars Ep 7, UNLESS they do a COMPLETE redesign and start over.  The “nothing is sacred” philosophy is the only way.  Otherwise you end up with some 43 year old virgin sitting in the front row making an itemized list of all the continuity inconstancies between the mythology in the 1980’s novelizations and the current script.  And that…nobody wants that.

Anyway, I’ve seriously become a fan of this game, with much thanks to input on this thread.  At the end o the day, with so many ACTUAL things to hate and fear in the world: starvation in Africa, women being stoned to death in Pakistan, and the very real threat of Mickey Rooney coming back to life soon, how can anyone really not like FoA?

Joined 2014-06-05

PM

CaptainRottingham - 05 June 2014 05:14 PM

Otherwise you end up with some 43 year old virgin sitting in the front row making an itemized list of all the continuity inconstancies between the mythology in the 1980’s novelizations and the current script.  And that…nobody wants that.

I didn’t realize I wanted that until you just described it.  Naughty

And I maintain until the day I die that they should have filmatized FoA rather than make the crystal skull movie. It would have been so much better.
(Though I did always enjoy leaving Sophia in her possessed state. I’m sure Hollywood wouldn’t have gone for that ending.)

Happy gaming!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top