• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

SpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 6 May 2014

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 07 May 2014 04:43 PM

@ Karlok: it’s Adventure Game Scene of the Day, not just Adventure Game of the Day. Repetition of games is not only allowed, it’s practically inevitable…

I get reprimanded by both Bastich and you for saying: “Entombed has already been used by Kurufinwe”. That’s all I said. What on earth is your problem?

But since you started this: No, it’s most definitely not inevitable.

In fact, it’d be perfectly okay to hold a week (or even month) of AGSotD that’s dedicated to a single game (“The Longest Journey” Month, for instance) where each day a new scene from the same game gets posted… Tongue

Really? I’ll remember that if I ever want to do a Nancy Drew month.

Personally, I think it’s an amazing feat that there’s been so little game repetition here (and even moreso that Bastich seems to have played almost all of them)...

The fact that Bastich has played almost all of them should make it less difficult to avoid duplication.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 07 May 2014 06:32 PM

I get reprimanded by both Bastich and you for saying: “Entombed has already been used by Kurufinwe”. That’s all I said. What on earth is your problem?

“Reprimanded”, really? Bastich’s response basically boiled down to “yeah, so?” and mine to “that’s not illegal, you know”. How are we reprimanding you???

But since you started this: No, it’s most definitely not inevitable.

Sure it is. The number of adventure games out there are finite. If the AGSotD lasts long enough, repetition WILL be inevitable. Besides, it takes someone with a LOT of adventure gaming experience to keep coming up with new games, and actually having a little something to say about them rather than just randomly selecting a game off a list and posting a screenshot of it with little more than the game’s title to accompany it…

Really? I’ll remember that if I ever want to do a Nancy Drew month.

Fine by me. Wink

The fact that Bastich has played almost all of them should make it less difficult to avoid duplication.

But still difficult, especially if you occasionally want to “spice it up” with a “goregasm” month or a list of personal favourites or other themed weeks/months…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’ll reply in private.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top