• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Whispered World - Special Edition

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Released today (at least on Steam and gog.com) - a special edition of the Whispered World

According to the gog page:

“New in the Special Edition is the developers’ commentary featuring Jan ‘Poki’ Müller-Michaelis and Marco Hüllen, as well as the in-game orchestral soundtrack, unlockable achievements, an alternate ending, and re-polished graphics in some scenes.”

Seems like some nice new content and it’s a free update for owners of the previous version.

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Ah, at last!! The alternate ending!!! I wanted this option since the first version!!

Smile

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

An alternate ending… hm maybe i will play through this special edition.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Great surprise, though is it me or does Sadwick’s expression say: Bah, I needed better animations and cutscenes, and not the friggin’ achievements! Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 88

Joined 2012-07-10

PM

Sadwick look unimpressed Cool

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

The special edition is also available on FireFlower Games. Smile

Story rich DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and linux for direct download - https://fireflowergames.com/. Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

Anyone know if there will there be an update for owners of the retail edition or the Humble Weekly edition?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

diego - 06 May 2014 05:13 PM

Great surprise, though is it me or does Sadwick’s expression say: Bah, I needed better animations and cutscenes, and not the friggin’ achievements! Grin

Don’t know why they put those in adventure games, and most of them seem to be related to just playing and finishing the game. Only one one that stuck out was this one, I’ve still not played TWW, but it seems like a lot

Caliburn - 07 May 2014 02:43 PM

Anyone know if there will there be an update for owners of the retail edition or the Humble Weekly edition?

I’ve looked but couldn’t find an answer, you could register the Humble key on Steam but I supppose that isn’t the answer you’re looking for.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

diego - 06 May 2014 05:13 PM

Great surprise, though is it me or does Sadwick’s expression say: Bah, I needed better animations and cutscenes, and not the friggin’ achievements!

No kidding! I’m glad I got a pre-achievement version.

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

wilco - 07 May 2014 03:20 PM
Caliburn - 07 May 2014 02:43 PM

I’ve looked but couldn’t find an answer, you could register the Humble key on Steam but I supppose that isn’t the answer you’re looking for.

Ah, good point, I forgot that I had a Steam key on that which I hadn’t redeemed—I’d been thinking I might gift it (since I already owned the retail version), but I guess I won’t now, so that works fine for me. Thanks.

Hopefully Daedalic and Humble will coordinate to update the DRM-free build as well, and maybe Daedalic can look into how much of a hassle it would be to do a patch for the retail edition. Those would be nice gestures to show support for all TWW players and not just a subset.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top