• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

E3, Comic Con,GamesCom,TGS 2014

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Treasure tracker and Zelda Hyrulewarriors this fall too.

IMO if are not interested in Bayo2, W101, SMB and Pikimin3 then WiiU is useless now.

And you already hate platformers so.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Yeah, that’s the problem. Nintendo make (in my opinion) way to many platformers so I’m struggling to see where I’ll get my money’s worth.

Zelda and Starfox are pretty big games for me though. Apart from Twilight Princess (mainly because of its ugly resolution and blurry textures) which was just okay, I’ve really enjoyed the Zelda games.

Treasure tracker looks good too.

I dunno. Maybe it’s worth picking up when there’s a cheaper deal around the time of Starfox/zelda etc. I can always go back to the older games then.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Tad - 26 June 2014 02:15 AM

Ahhh! Your not helping lol.

I’m trying to make a list of games I would want to see if it is worth getting or not. So far, I have this:

Out now:
Zelda Wind Waker
Sonic Lost worlds
Mario Kart 8

Later:
New Zelda
Starfox
Captain Toad’s Treasure Tracker

Maybe:
Yoshi’s Wooly World
Sonic Boom
Super Mario 3D world
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze.

I’m not a huge fan of straight up platformers so I’m always a bit unsure when a new one comes out.

Sonic and Zelda Wind Waker are also part of the Mario Kart 8 free game promotion Smile

The trio SM3D World, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Rayman Legends ara platform heaven and last you dozens of hours (Sonic is also decent but far from the others I think) but if you don’t like platformers or Wonderful101 and Pikmin 3 you probably should wait for the other big games to arrive. Bayo2 and Captain Toad are arriving very soon but Zelda and Starfox can take a while.
The Virtual console has an ok selection if you like playing old games - Earthbound, Super Metroid, Zelda games (I’m playing Minish Cap now). The E-shop stuff has some decent exclusive games - Pushblox, Nex Remix - but nothing mindblowing.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Thanks. I can get a discount in one shop, so I might go and get it Smile

Just to clarify, I don’t dislike or hate platformers etc. I’m currently playing through Sonic 4 for example. I’m just a bit picky in the ones I play. DK does look good on the Wii u.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Don’t forget Xenoblade Chronicles X, the sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles which was one of the best RPGs of last gen.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Okay, looking at the games closer, there’s quite a few out right now that interest me. Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 26 June 2014 01:17 PM

Okay, looking at the games closer, there’s quite a few out right now that interest me. Smile

Damn we sold a WIIU , we should be paid for Marketing Wink

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

lol. The good thing is, I’ll only pay £200 for it due to a dicount I got a while back Smile

I doubt I’ll buy them all of course, but there seems to be a few that are more interesting then I first thought.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Man Kojima has dominated so many Grin

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/26/metal-gear-solid-v-guillermo-del-toro-and-other-film-directors-praise-kojimas-last-trailer/

I think previous trailers were much better but anyway good to hear praises.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Well, I hope you’re all proud of yourselves. I bought one! Smile

Got Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker as the free game. Really enjoying it so far. MK8 is fun and I’ve played a couple of demo’s. 101 seems crazy and I’ve ordered Sonic as it was cheap and going by the demo, I found it quite good. Not sure why it got so many negative reviews when they’ve managed to keep the feel of a fast paced platformer while giving you better and precise controls.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Tad - 30 June 2014 04:44 PM

Well, I hope you’re all proud of yourselves. I bought one! Smile

Got Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker as the free game. Really enjoying it so far. MK8 is fun and I’ve played a couple of demo’s. 101 seems crazy and I’ve ordered Sonic as it was cheap and going by the demo, I found it quite good. Not sure why it got so many negative reviews when they’ve managed to keep the feel of a fast paced platformer while giving you better and precise controls.

Thumbs Up  good one

Don’t forget to try ZombieU, it’s an unique game if you like the genre and its really cheap now

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I all most did forget it lol. I remember hearing it was pretty good on release. Cheers.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Just an update,

I’m happy with my purchase Smile

I don’t think Mario Kart is as good Sega all stars racing transformed and I’m finding the spamming of weapons annoying, but it’s still a lot of fun. Played it before, but Wind Waker is still really good and the controls work well with the gamepad. As for Sonic, I’m a bit surprised by the reviews. I’m finding it fun and the controls and gameplay is far more fun than the boost to win we’ve had a few times now. Smile

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Tad - 02 July 2014 02:03 PM

Just an update,

I’m happy with my purchase Smile

I don’t think Mario Kart is as good Sega all stars racing transformed and I’m finding the spamming of weapons annoying, but it’s still a lot of fun. Played it before, but Wind Waker is still really good and the controls work well with the gamepad. As for Sonic, I’m a bit surprised by the reviews. I’m finding it fun and the controls and gameplay is far more fun than the boost to win we’ve had a few times now. Smile

Good to hear you are enjoying your WiiU Smile Remember it is backwards compatible with the Wii so if you missed any Wii games or didn’t own one, you can play them on your WiiU.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Thanks. I own a Wii but there are some titles I missed.

I wish Skyward sword was in hd mind. Played it and enjoyed it, but seeing it on the dolphin emulator is simply spectacular.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top