• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

E3, Comic Con,GamesCom,TGS 2014

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

http://www.edge-online.com/features/no-mans-sky-how-a-four-person-team-from-guildford-strode-forth-to-create-an-entire-universe/

Great interview, so ambitious.

From Joedanger to this.

NUTS.

Sony were saying they have plans to introduce paid beta service, seriously i will pay 30$ for NMS beta Tongue

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Night in the Woods is getting lots of positive press with its playable demo in E3. I’m really happy I backed it Smile

(as usual, the trailer makes it look like a PS exclusive, but it’s coming at least to PC, Mac and Linux, as well as PS4)

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Yes! We should talk about that game on the Adventure forum - very hyped for that one as I am for a lot of Sony’s indies. Here some other good ones that weren’t covered during the conference:

Aaru’s Awakening:

EarthNight:

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I saw a lot of these games live at E3 and here are some of my impressions:
White Night: looks cool but this is not an E3 type of game. I was stuck and lost as I was playing. Adventure games and E3 really don’t gel.
Aaru’s awakening: very frustrating controls. To jump, you move the analog stick up, instead of pressing the X button, which seemed very unresponsive to me. Kept dying so I gave up.
Atkham Night: looks amazing. If you like the old batman games, this seems to evolve the series very nicely.
Witcher 3: wow, it blew me away. This game is drop dead gorgeous. Cutting dudes in half is very satisfying. Just like Zelda, the draw distance is very far, and according to the dev, if you see it in the background, you can go there even at the beginning of the game, although you might end up dying.
Yoshi’s yarn: a charming game from Nintendo and great coop.
Little big planet 3: that was a nice surprise. Introducing the new characters adds a lot more fun in coop. We tried the same demo they showed at E3 and it was a lot of fun, and good controls.
Bloodborne: i exited the live demo feeling meh. I was never a demon’s soul fan(haven’t played it to be honest) but bloodborne does not feel smooth(framerate issues), and feels like a generic action game. Maybe i need to play Demon’s soul to see what all the fuss is about.
Fables: you play 4 coop against a fifth dungeon master creating traps and placing enemies for you. Feels too chaotic and hectic for my liking.
Sunset overdrive: another nice surprise. Controls really well and parkour is a lot of fun.
Far Cry 4: another game I loved. You can scare elephants to charge for you, ride them, or climb into a base using your grapple hook and snipe enemies stealthily. Looks awesome and seems to have lots of choice. Loading times were looooooooooooong though. Pretty sure they will iron it out.
Galak Z: another indy game on the PS4. You control a jet, and you shoot down enemies. Has a tv 80’s anime feel to it which is nice, but the performance of the game is attrocious. Need to work on that framerate.
Bayonetta 2: looks amazingly awesome. And the fact you get the first one with this one is an auto buy for me.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 12 June 2014 11:45 AM

Bloodborne: i exited the live demo feeling meh. I was never a demon’s soul fan(haven’t played it to be honest) but bloodborne does not feel smooth(framerate issues), and feels like a generic action game. Maybe i need to play Demon’s soul to see what all the fuss is about.

Tell me more what you saw, what other enemies were there other than village fiends.

Souls is an acquired taste, you must feel it, play Demon’ssouls and its level Toweroflatria, Bloodborne is inspired by Latria.

Well that level is must play for every gamer. Some elements even responsible for
social sharing design of PS4, even Journey.

E3 new breaking news,

Aonuma wants to let people play Zelda Wii U at next year’s E3.

Lucky people.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Ok, thanks, finally saw/read all the stuff from No Man’s Sky, sounds incredible, reminds of what I thought Mass Effect was going to be when it was first revealed (before people found out space exploration was incredibly limited). The concept is great and has the looks to match it, I hope they pull it off. I agree with nomad, if Sony wants to start doing early access on the PS4, this could be a good game to start it, I think it’s going to be huge.

nomadsoul - 12 June 2014 07:35 AM

Edit:

So what were your top3 best and top 3 worst news/reveals.
(Apart from MannyCalavera Smile)

Top 3 (not counting Grim!)
1 - Bayo2 (with Bayo 1) in October. Smile I now sound like a broken record but Bayo is the best action game ever made (forget Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden) so that was exciting to see. Somewhat related to this it was good to see Nintendo has a solid plan for the Wii-U for this year and next year.

2- Indies are taking over console space. Not new in PC world, but what started last generation solidifies in this one. A lot of the most interesting games for PS4 and Xbone were indies.

3- Dragon Age 3 is looking very good. Loved the first one, very disappointed with the second. The demos I saw for this one looked very good and a return to form for Bioware. Gives some hope for the new Mass Effect (not much).

Worst
1 - 3rd parties are getting even more allergic to risk and continue to practice shady business. Seriously, shooters, exclusive DLC, sequels to sequels to prequels and mostly eliminate other stuff… I think it was even worst this year.

2- F2P comes to consoles and drags Suda Lilly Bergamo with them… So disappointing

3- Konami, Square and specially Capcom were no-shows. What happened to the Capcom? Are big Japan companies going mobile or something?

Biggest WTF news
Devil’s Third comes to the WiiU and looks not very good but crazy

Biggest game shows
Last Guardian, Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, Vita, David Cage games, Fallout 4!

On a little note, I got in the Destiny alpha, not very curious but going to try it.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 12 June 2014 01:57 PM
SoccerDude28 - 12 June 2014 11:45 AM

Tell me more what you saw, what other enemies were there other than village fiends.

Souls is an acquired taste, you must feel it, play Demon’ssouls and its level Toweroflatria, Bloodborne is inspired by Latria.

Well that level is must play for every gamer. Some elements even responsible for
social sharing design of PS4, even Journey.

E3 new breaking news,

Aonuma wants to let people play Zelda Wii U at next year’s E3.

Lucky people.

Okay from what I can remember, there are the village people. They are easy to kill and usually charge at you. There are sections where you can completely avoid tackling them, like in the part of the trailer which is part of the demo by the way, where there was a mob of villagers burning people. There are lots of them and you can completely bypass them or take them on if you want to. There is a huge mini boss that you have to keep avoiding his heavy attack and chip at him with your sword/shotgun. Later another one like him shows up again. There are the dogs that you see in the trailer(the bloody skeletal ones). They are more vicious than the villagers and tend to alert the villagers of your presence. There are big crow like creatures. And finally there is this HUGE towering boss. overall I would say there was good variety of enemies. The gameplay was mainly dodge attack, charge and attack with your sword, or shoot with your shotgun. Oh and there is a dark section, where you use a lantern instead of your shotgun to light your way, and you can use your lantern to set enemies on fire.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

What a way to end E3, Bloodborne (TGS 2013) Full trailer leaked

https://mega.co.nz/#!DkRjxDja!esOkWOK__wXnkw7a8U9MAKAXp3PWERG2SY-Wre3B5bg

News,
Nintendo planning future for both 2D and 3D Metroid.

@soccerdude

Thanks.

@wiico

Lucky you, do share your Destiny experience. The new VidDoc got my hyped.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

E3 awards and winners are being announced.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-13-directly-to-you-nintendo-wins-e3-on-its-own-terms

There is really positive buzz around Ninty i hope they can bounce back.
I don’t see them defeating the competition but bundling up games this fall with sale promotions, can really do them wonders. If that wont work then i think nothing will.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I think I’ll stick with my original thoughts on the Wii u. It’ll have some great gems on there from Nintendo’s own studios and a couple of others, but it will be a short life. They still haven’t shown any real reason for the game pad and it felt like even Miyamoto was struggling to find a real use for it.

I will get one, but I’ll be getting one knowing these things. I hope Nintendo just realise what they need to do with the next console.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

In the meantime I changed my mind about Destiny… Damn it, alpha was a lot of fun, didn’t know it would be so much MMO - lots of huge nice looking open areas, cool powers, good gunplay and some big enemies with needed co-op to play. PvP was meh, but it always is for me. Definitely looking out for game now, well played Activision…

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Glad to hear it! I’m also on the “PvP is meh” camp, so it’s good to hear that the rest seems strong. Now I just need more friends so I don’t have to play it always solo or with strangers Grin

Wish I could try out he beta, but I don’t have the console for it.

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2008-01-31

PM

Nintendo & Wii U definitely got some good buzz. All Nintendo’s E3 games were interesting, but the next system sellers after MK8 & SSB are next big Mario/Zelda/Metroid game, I hope at least one of them will be out next year.

By the way, does anyone have idea why Nintendo isn’t developing a big Pokemon game for Wii U? It would be the most obvious system seller ever.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

@teme and tad

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/mario-kart-8-moves-2nd-place-uk-individual-chart/

Crawling up but IPs like MK and SSB have really long legs. They can even get remakes later on next systems but atleast its good to see Ninty bouncing back.
Its same situation like Sony was in last gen > Crawl up.

Played some Destiny and Hardline myself, didn’t do much. Maybe spoiled by No Man’s Sky planets and Borderlands gunplay. It feels like Destiny is emulating Blands. I will be fine with Blands Pre-sequel this fall.
Though Destiny alpha is less than 5% of full game so, still more to see.

Gamers generally are happy with Alpha.

Edit:

NeoGaf’s Best Games of the show

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=838628

Top3 are same what i picked Tongue

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I don’t think I could pick just three lol. All I can say is, I thought the indie’s did a better job than the 3rd parties.

Nintendo have already said they want to make another prime and 2D metroid, so I guess they might turn up down the line. 3d for wiiu and 2d for 3ds. Also, they said they’ve heard people want Majora back, so…

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top