• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

E3, Comic Con,GamesCom,TGS 2014

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I think this is an incredible image:

Great E3 overall. It’s nice to see so many games that look individual and unique.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

We have been trolled

- Link in ZELDA trailer might not be Link.

-And Lilybergamo is no more, Let it Die is Lily Bergamo , Lead Character and art direction
gone, its in early stages and F2P….Damn….Facepalm.

Deep Down E3 Trailer

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1z44x1_deep-down-trailer-e3-2014_videogames

Engine looks great and release is long overdue.

Edit:

HomeFront Must See demo. Great mix of Halilife2 and Metro.

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/e3-2014-homefront-the-revolution-stage-demo/2300-6419449/

And Power of WiiU

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2003-09-27

PM

^^ What is this game name ?

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii u. It was that game that was called X back when the Wii u was first announced.

Out of interest, who do you all think did the best this E3?

Personally, I think it goes to Nintendo. The format of their show has been great and we STILL have to hear about 3 more games. They also brought a ton of playable games that looked fun. Reggie has already said we will have one announcement today and two tomorrow. One is highly rumoured to be Majora’s Mask for the 3DS.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 11 June 2014 08:57 AM

Yes Ninty just came on the top after i went through this demo
People go crazy over gow or dmc, this demo shows its better than
both.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/06/11/bayonetta-2-gameplay-demo-e3-2014

In absolute gaming terms they showed more stuff.

Now there is awesome looking IGN Extended demo of Order too.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/06/10/the-order-1886-gameplay-demo-ign-live-e3-2014

Its just nextgen coating of old redundant stuff, same issue with
Farcry, Asscreed, RainboxSix, CoD, even Arkhamknight Batmobile blasting
cars was uninspired. I know UC4 will look nuts , same for TR but again
how much the actual game will change???

Ninty is providing Fun but unfortunately zero third party support will
get them down. Not to mention their speed of first party is slow.

But actual games were shown, actual footage.
No cutscenes or CG bullshit.

New Zelda , if that engine is real can be next MetroidPrime of gaming.

The games i want right now are,

Bloodborne, No Man’s Sky, Zelda, Bayonetta2, Evilwithin, SunsetOverdrive and Xenoblade.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

It’s funny you mentioned Sunset Overdrive.

I’m hearing some very meh views on it so far. It’s fun, just not much depth to it.

That is one thing about Nintendo that sticks out though. This E3 has been great for them, but what happens next year when some of these come out. Will we have another gap of very little while they’re starting up projects or finishing current ones. Give it a few years, and if Nintendo can release a console that hasn’t got these forced peripherals and get third party on side, they’ll do well.

I still think the Wii u will have a short life than the normal.

On a brighter though, Rare have apparently stopped working on Kinect games. Now I play the waiting game Smile

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

I’ve been happy to hear that Destiny has been getting very positive impressions based on the Alpha build people have gotten to try. I have yet to hear anyone not being impressed, not enjoying it (a lot). It’s just about the only non-AG game I’m excited about right now, certainly only non-indie game.

I guess I must get a next-gen console (and finally bend and buy the Live Gold / PSN+ subscription, too) in September.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

This looks like decent adventure, one to watch , Check the vids

http://kotaku.com/pleasant-e3-surprise-a-game-called-white-night-1589278821

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Tad - 11 June 2014 08:57 AM

The winner has to be the only company that featured the top executives fighting dragonball-style Smile

Seriously, Nintendos coverage was great, the Direct conference was only games with a fun and fast production. The treehouse is working very well with tons on in deep playthough of the various games. I even saw and had fun with part of the Smash tournament and I never played any game from the series. Tons of fans really cheering instead of those fake applauses from the Sony and Microsoft conference (seriously, who applauds exclusive-DLC?!? It’s one the worse things in gaming…).
I can see why the general press would not like Nintendo going this way but for me as a casual observer at home its much better.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The new 3DS game Nintendo announced is Codename Steam - a cel-shaded steampunk turn-based strategy game by Intelligent Systems (creators of Advance Wars and Fire Emblem). Sounds good, want to see a trailer.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

So are people actually thinking about getting a Wii u now?

Personally, I did briefly, but I’ve decided against it just now as I still think for the price, it’s not enough and I’m certain we’ll see another lull once the games of this E3 are out. I’ve been here before with Nintendo and I don’t really wish to return to it. I’m still not a big fan of the controller and I’m yet to see a need for it.

Also, it feels like this will be a short but sweet life for the console.

Also, it’s been confirmed that Zelda footage we saw WAS in game:

Sweet jesus…

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Is there any developer playthrough of No Man’s Sky or just the Sony conference trailer?

@Tad

I already own one WiiU, it doesn’t substitute PC or other consoles because of the lack of releases but what it’s there is really nice and unique (and future releases are looking good).

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

The only thing I’ve seen about No Man’s sky is on the giant bombcast. One of the devs is on there talking about bits of the game. Here you go:http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/

Be prepared though, they waffle on a bit on that show…

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

wilco - 12 June 2014 04:15 AM

Is there any developer playthrough of No Man’s Sky or just the Sony conference trailer?

Still just video running as they talk about the game.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 12 June 2014 02:45 AM

So are people actually thinking about getting a Wii u now?

Personally, I did briefly, but I’ve decided against it just now as I still think for the price, it’s not enough and I’m certain we’ll see another lull once the games of this E3 are out. I’ve been here before with Nintendo and I don’t really wish to return to it. I’m still not a big fan of the controller and I’m yet to see a need for it.

Also, it feels like this will be a short but sweet life for the console.

Also, it’s been confirmed that Zelda footage we saw WAS in game

Thats reassuring Grin. But Ninty should double the speed to actually make it 2015.

Bloodborne gameplay is leaked, looks like Demon’s souls as i wanted but the framerate
and some other things looked rough so it will delay too till 2015 summer.Frown
Won’t be surpirsed if RiseofTR will slip to spring 2016, while abzu is already
announced to be 2016.

The scope of No Man’s Sky is so big for 4 people so think it might be later than
sooner.

Well i believe Ninty got annihilated by Minecraft and tablets, now they have to
get that segment back. The Ninty demographics are already distracted by them.
While some hardcore gamers like you(and me) waiting or not yet decided.

I had WiiU sold it, will buy back after X.

@wiico

No new footage of NMS but for info IGN and Gamespot Stage demo were best.
Its console debut exclusive so that makes PS4 best bet, you are all
set, you will get Bayo2 and NMS day 1 Tongue

Edit:

So what were your top3 best and top 3 worst news/reveals.
(Apart from MannyCalavera Smile)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top