• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieshanethewolfzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Last finished game

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Jdawg445 - 31 May 2017 09:32 PM

you are so transparent

Not alone saying its masterpiece

http://powerupgaming.co.uk/2016/12/12/naughty-dog-developers-hail-the-last-guardian-as-being-a-masterpiece-want-photo-mode/

bc for the ps4 alone it cost 50 million which doesnt include its cost for what was done for the development on ps3.

Source Einstein source, even Horizon cost 47Million$
And Japanese games cost even lower plus Ueda team was very small, hence given time to finish it up
Try harder next time

You dont know anything actually, here right from source

https://lockerdome.com/playstationlifestyle/7799741143581716

but then again you think quicktime was invented with shenmue when it has been around since the mid to late 80s

QTE term and nuances was invented and coined by Shenmue like Survival horror by Mikami
You are just salty who made 2 personal comments and i am refraining

like I said brothers a tale of two sons has basically the same score as TLG on multiple platforms
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/brothers-a-tale-of-two-sons

Games that have inspired me are Journey and Ico - Josef Fares

Rekt

Nerd get your game knowledge up younging

you cannot even spell your personal dis right

I am done with you, its my mistake i replied to your comments earlier, own my mistake, should not be talking with you…my bad

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

It’s a colloquialism, so maybe you should give him a little leeway.

Like if I were to call you a “supercilious fucknugget”, you might give me a little leeway.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

dumbeur - 31 May 2017 10:33 PM

It’s a colloquialism, so maybe you should give him a little leeway.

Like if I were to call you a “supercilious fucknugget”, you might give me a little leeway.

Ad hominem still dont cut it, for any intellectually honest arguments
It will take seconds to piss him or anybody off by personal comments, so much creative replies but that line usually end up being super messy in hindsight, not mention selective ban warnings from mods

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

nomadsoul - 31 May 2017 10:17 PM

you are so transparent

Not alone saying its masterpiece

http://powerupgaming.co.uk/2016/12/12/naughty-dog-developers-hail-the-last-guardian-as-being-a-masterpiece-want-photo-mode/

bc for the ps4 alone it cost 50 million which doesnt include its cost for what was done for the development on ps3.

Source Einstein source, even Horizon cost 47Million$
And Japanese games cost even lower plus Ueda team was very small, hence given time to finish it up
Try harder next time

You dont know anything actually, here right from source

https://lockerdome.com/playstationlifestyle/7799741143581716

but then again you think quicktime was invented with shenmue when it has been around since the mid to late 80s

QTE term and nuances was invented and coined by Shenmue like Survival horror by Mikami
You are just salty who made 2 personal comments and i am refraining

like I said brothers a tale of two sons has basically the same score as TLG on multiple platforms
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/brothers-a-tale-of-two-sons

Games that have inspired me are Journey and Ico - Josef Fares

Rekt

Nerd get your game knowledge up younging

you cannot even spell your personal dis right

I am done with you, its my mistake i replied to your comments earlier, own my mistake, should not be talking with you…my bad

love how you didnt eve acknowledge you got rekt as you put it on the horrible game controls, or the fact that the game has many game breaking bugs.

I can post just as many negative reviews as you can positive here are just a couple of excerpts

Even if The Last Guardian can sometimes get straight to our hearts, we cannot turn a blind eye to the frustrating gameplay. Its narrative fails to truly immerse the player, as the game mechanics lack to convey emphasis and empathy.

A hugely mixed bag. On one hand, it’s fantastic that there’s a developer so staunchly dedicated to making games that veer towards the artistic while still retaining mechanics we know and enjoy. On the other hand, this is a game full of design decisions that feel stuck in the past, made obsolete years ago. [Jan 2016, p.60]

and for good measure the game has way more negative user reviews on metacritic

Disappointing. It’s basically a more annoying-to-play version of their first game ICO, with better graphics. The puzzles are nearly all solved by riding on Trico, unless you have to feed him or open a gate. You seemingly wander around in endless circles with no objective or sense of accomplishment. Trico is annoying to control, and will occasionally sit and do nothing while you’re spamming…

This is a game that gives loads of promise through stunning visuals, a gorgeous soundtrack, a creative concept and loveable companion, but fails to deliver its promises due to inconsistent frame rate, a finicky camera, awful controls, unresponsive AI and a story that I didn’t want to read but rather know how it ended. For a game that was in development hell for ten years,

we get it your a sucker for a pretty game, but that doesnt make it a masterpiece. I will give it to you if we were just talking about grahpics and setting, ye it is near flawless, but it is a GAME hence it has gameplay and what is there is broken at worst and unresponsive at best.

as far as QTE once again Im not disputing the fact that the developer coined the term qte what im disputing is that shenmue was the first to use it. for example heimlich maneuver has been around forever but has had many name changes bc of copyright issues, guess what call it whatever you like; IT IS THE SAME MANEUVER. to further illustrate my pt. this excerpt is taking from

https://techraptor.net/content/finally-worthy-use-qte

Instead, I want to talk about Quick Time Events.  QTEs suck.  In fact, in 30 years, there have only been 2 occasions when QTEs have been good.  The first was in Laserdisc arcade cabinets in the 1980s.  The most famous of these arcade cabinets was Dragon’s Lair.  I was only 7 when I saw Dragon’s Lair for the first time.  DL was such a revolutionary game at the time, relative to everything else in the arcade, that I was intimidated by it.  I watched good players play it, but I never could summon the courage to drop in a quarter of my own.  It wouldn’t be until years later, when Sega’s Time Traveler made its way to the local arcade did I give a DL clone a shot.  Suffice it to say, Time Traveler was not nearly as good as Dragon’s Lair.
Dragon’s Lair’s influence on gaming’s landscape cannot be understated (well, it can, but only by intellectually dishonest fake academics).  DL was listed as the number 1 arcade game of 1983 by Electronic Games.  Game Spy listed DL at number 7 in the “Top 50 Arcade Games of All-Time” ahead of Galaga, Spy Hunter, Punch Out, and Centipede, and in a Top 10 that includes Donkey Kong, Ms. Pac-Man, Street Fighter 2, and Star Wars.  DL was one of three featured games in the video gaming gameshow Starcade, the great-great grandfather of e-sports.
The second time QTEs were good were in 1999s Shenmue for the Dreamcast.  Shenmue director Yu Suzuki is credited with coining the phrase “Quick Time Event”.  The manual for Shenmue called them “quick timer events”, but they caught on in gamer parlance as “quick time events”.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

continued from previous post.

qte has been around so long they have their own tv tropes page.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PressXToNotDie

Also known as a Quick Time Event.
An event during a video game where you think you’re watching a cinematic, but then a massive button pops up on screen, sometimes accompanied by a prompt like “Press X to dodge” or “Press B to avoid blades of death”. Failure to do so results in damage or an alternate scene at best, or a Game Over at worst.
Largely originating with Dragon’s Lair (though pre-dated by the obscure The Driver), the gameplay of which consisted entirely of these; It was pretty much a cartoon where you had to press buttons at the right time for the story to continue. (Exactly the right time, often without any sort of prompt.) Die Hard Arcade and the Sega Dreamcast game Shenmue as well as Sword of the Berserk: Guts’ Rage on the same console introduced them to the action genre.

finally for me attacking you, I did indeed bc the way you post, you have an aroma of superiority with how you type; like you cant fathom somebody not liking a game you like. Yes you cover it in code with how you present it, with the maybe you dont get it bc of “play style.” no I get it fine the controls are broken to me and a lot of other gamers agree. you tried that same tactic bc I dont like dark souls and bloodbourne bc as you presented it maybe they were too hard for me. Guess what they are not bc yrs ago I bought demon souls and powered my way through it bc I didnt get many games in a yr so I played games to completion. I just didnt connect with the material so I didnt really enjoy it, me not liking it had nothing to do with difficulty level. one of my complaints about the witcher 3 was it was way too easy, and some gamers cant even get out of white orchard aka the first area. Bottom line im glad you got your money’s worth and like the game, I did not maybe my opinion will change if I ever go back to it, but I put in about 6 hrs and lost interest in it as far as a game goes, maybe I will finish it on youtube by watching a lets play.

but please put me on ignore Ive been trying to ignore your trite point of view for months now. Adios younging Shifty Eyed  Naughty

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Jdawg445 - 01 June 2017 03:13 AM

finally for me attacking you, I did indeed bc the way you post, you have an aroma of superiority with how you type; like you cant fathom somebody not liking a game you like.

Oh my bad you got intimidated for your lack of information
I will defend any misinformation for readers who can be mislead about factual vs misinformed stuff whether its TLG metacritic, W2 ripping Darksouls combat (accepted by directors), or 50million$ TLG budget pure conjectural bs etc

Wilco and AG site rated TLG high even origami, you are the only one out for good
Nobody cares thing is i was correcting your false info
82 metacritic is good enough considering its a divisive game anyway

Instead, I want to talk about Quick Time Events.  QTEs suck

Great , no Shenmue3 for you then and no spreadin false info

not bc yrs ago I bought demon souls and powered my way through it bc I didnt get many games in a yr so I played games to completion. I just didnt connect with the material so I didnt really enjoy it, me not liking it had nothing to do with difficulty level. one of my complaints about the witcher 3 was it was way too easy

Cool story bro Thumbs Up

Adios younging Shifty Eyed  Naughty

Should be youngin from where you are comin from homie

But Adios amigos anyway

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

nomadsoul - 01 June 2017 03:58 AM

finally for me attacking you, I did indeed bc the way you post, you have an aroma of superiority with how you type; like you cant fathom somebody not liking a game you like.

I will defend any misinformation for readers who can be mislead about factual vs misinformed stuff whether its TLG metacritic, W2 ripping Darksouls combat (accepted by directors), or 50million$ TLG budget pure conjectural bs etc

Wilco and AG site rated TLG high even origami, you are the only one out for good

not bc yrs ago I bought demon souls and powered my way through it bc I didnt get many games in a yr so I played games to completion. I just didnt connect with the material so I didnt really enjoy it, me not liking it had nothing to do with difficulty level. one of my complaints about the witcher 3 was it was way too easy

Cool story bro Thumbs Up

But Adios amigos anyway

just leave this here

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

nomadsoul - 01 June 2017 03:58 AM

Cool story bro Thumbs Up

But Adios amigos anyway

just bc you say a game is masterpiece doesnt mean that it is. I get it you gave the game a pass bc you love SOTC and ICO I didnt. Im sorry you thought the first game to use controls just like qte was shenmue it was not and no sort of back tracking to try and makey yourself right will work. Move on and do some research you will be right every once and a while. broken clock and all younging

ps I know your a kid bc no grown mature man says homie ha ha ha ha.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Jdawg445 - 01 June 2017 04:07 AM

just leave this here

Poor man’s pewdiepie lol, whoooooo?

I will just leave this here,

https://adventuregamers.com/articles/view/32041

And the real pewdiepie, at 55million subs not a 10k celebrating copycat

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

nomadsoul - 01 June 2017 04:21 AM

just leave this here

what the heck is a pewdiepie all I did was post a review of gamer who had the same exact experience that I had. kids and lingo

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Jdawg445 - 01 June 2017 04:24 AM
nomadsoul - 01 June 2017 04:21 AM

just leave this here

what the heck is a pewdiepie all I did was post a review of gamer who had the same exact experience that I had. kids and lingo

once again im glad this site loved the game, doesnt mean everyone did we can do this all night

http://arcadesushi.com/the-last-guardian-review-playstation-4/

one last ps I never said qte suck I said shenmue was not the first to use them, it was games back in the 80s like dragon’s lair and pointing out to you once again just bc they were not called qte back in 84 does not mean they were not the same exact gameplay mechanic that shenmue used when the dev coined the term. why is that hard for you to understand

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

this the last review that im going to post for the last guardian. For the record I gave it a 5.5 to 6/10 which means while I did not love it or think it was a masterpiece I also do not hate it. Anyways for anyone on the fence, I think this review pts out all the things that are positive and negative about the game

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Prey

playtime - 32hours

This was a slow burner for me. Didn’t expect a shooter, but this game is as challenging and rewarding as an old System Shock 2 game.

Resources and ammo was pretty limited for parts of the game making hiding and sneak attacks important. It made the tension of entering a new area palpable, checking every corner and questioning every coffee cup, is it going to jump at my head.

Pretty soon though I was gloo gunning my way across gaps or up walls, double jumping around levels and blasting those nightmares into shreds.

You need to use everything wisely in this game, pick up everything, make use of piles of stuff and reclycle bombs Smile, hide in the rafters, take off piste journeys and look in every nook and cranny.

Pros

* The level design is superb. Talos 1 is a maze full of shortcuts and multiple routes inside and outside the station.

* I loved the idea of the mimics taking the place ordinary items making you suspicious of every cup and lamp in the game (until you get a certain upgrade)

* The sense of tension is amped with the music and sound effects.

* The story was very Philip K Dick, playing with memory and perception in some neat ways. Including the WTF ending that I got.

Cons

* The last bit the game blocked off most of the station turning it back into running back and forward through set routes which was dissapointing.

Overall I had a lot of fun exploring this world and the story was interesting.

5/5

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

TEKKEN 7 (PS4)

Pros

-Story mode starts as a chore but then shit gets really epic, short but ends Mishima Family saga with great revelations of past and even better excuse to add Akuma in plot
Use of in game CGs and set pieces in 5 major fights were rad
All the memories of psx to ps2 to now , coursing throw your veins..with epic end in ridiculous Tekken style. For first time effort it delivered proper story

-It makes a strong case for Akuma or SF characters. Time is ripe for Tekken vs SF
And Bamco can do much better job than Capcom abysmal SF vs Tekken

- Thanks to UE4 , graphic fidelity is better, better lighting and textures and range of anatomical proportions

- Gameplay is where it beats DoA,SFV, Injustice and stands right there with GG and KI as best fighter for both hardcore and newcomers looking for fun
Gameplay is more smooth now, blocking is responsive and crucial, floatiness is fixed for good…

- New cast is solid, Josie, shaheen and my new fav Katarina ...Akuma is effin flames too
10 new characters more to come through DLC

- Why i mentioned PS4 as console, well in tekken Music is half the fun and all the old games OST is in PS4 ver, i am mostly using my old fav kickass tracks

- Yes customize your playlist and your characters, you can change the looks to make them look completely different, be it geralt or skeletor ...make vast variety of characters
Took me 1 hr on just one character for 5 variations

- Treasure mode unlocks shit like Inj2, however it gives you enough gold to buy shit quickly , no grinding without useless rewards like Destiny or Inj2

- Loading is fast

Cons

- Could have used better art work in story sections, so many artists in japan and you get the half ass job
- No individual story mode and endings , and many new characters aren’t even in main story campaign

Verdict

If you were in Tekken and left it, now its time to get back
Its best Tekken since Tekken 4 and one of top fighters in gameplay terms

2017 continues to deliver

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 07 June 2017 12:20 PM

Its best Tekken since Tekken 4 and one of top fighters in gameplay terms

Teken 7 or Street Fighter 5 or Injustice 2?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top