• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

TimovieMan

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Last finished game

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 09 April 2017 04:00 PM

So, better than Persona 4 Golden?

In fan communities opinions are all over the place, from p3 to p4 as best still

For me, if the tempo will continue (which never dropped only escalated), it will be end up
in my top 10 list of best games ever let alone JRPGS or watnot

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

So, better than Persona 4 Golden?

I prefer P4G myself, better story and characters.

However, this game is VERY good. Most Persona fans should be well pleased.

It is more of an adventure game over P4G however.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Not better than Messi though.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Origami - 09 April 2017 07:05 PM

Unless is features Malaga, in that case Messi is nullified

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

wilco - 10 April 2017 03:37 AM

Messi created like 6 chances in that match. Blame Suarez, Neymar and your buddy Andre Gomes.

I am liking Ronaldo’s performance btw, even though he doesn’t score as much.
He was good against Atletico. Better than the previous game where he scored a hattrick against them.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Good use of gif. I’ll admit.

BTW: Going to delve into an AAA title again after so long(last one was Uncharted 4).
I picked Tomb Raider 2(the new one).

Owh also speedran Heavy Rain in between. Great game, until you start to ponder the plot.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Origami - 10 April 2017 10:59 AM
wilco - 10 April 2017 03:37 AM

Messi created like 6 chances in that match. Blame Suarez, Neymar and your buddy Andre Gomes.

I am liking Ronaldo’s performance btw, even though he doesn’t score as much.
He was good against Atletico. Better than the previous game where he scored a hattrick against them.

I didn’t see the Malaga game but I think Andre Gomes carrer at Barcelona might be coming to an end…
Real-Atletico game was going fine for Real until Pepe got injured and Zidane thought it was a good idea to stop attacking at 1-0…

Well, back on topic, my last finished AAA was Last Guardian… I think I might have time now to start another, but which?

RE7
Yakuza
Nier
Persona
Zelda
Nioh
Horizon
Mass Effect Andromeda Tongue

Nomad, help out…

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

lol…my last AAA title was Last Guardian as well.

Nomad will have my head for having forgotten it.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

wilco - 10 April 2017 12:12 PM

RE7
Yakuza
Nier
Persona
Zelda
Nioh
Horizon
Mass Effect Andromeda Tongue

Haven’t played the games but I assume Nier has the best length/quality ratio for people with only so much time. I’d assume Nioh is also easy to get through, but of those two Nier is the better game I think.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 10 April 2017 12:12 PM

RE7
Yakuza
Nier
Persona
Zelda
Nioh
Horizon

Nomad, help out…

-P5 is long, but easily manageable with on and off short bursts since you are living a long anime with day to day activity…you can do some dungeon , come back for school and shit and go back..its like TV series

- Re7 is short and you can be over with it in 3 days max on normal difficulty,best bet
DLC approaching soon too

- Nier is better for summer , since it recycles same area alot and goes on and on with less density in world content, i mean i have yet to finish final 2 main endings paths
Summer , backlog it

- Horizon is another good bet , like absolute must for anyone, mainstream or not, need a clear mind to enjoy…but long so re7 first

- backlog yak0,Nioh too

My fav rating going like P5>horizon>re7>rest

Mass Effect Andromeda,zelda

Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I think I might manage P5 first despite being longer, 1-3h chunks might be what I can play, that’s the way I played P4 anyway on the Vita.
Also really want to get into Nier because Platinum

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Anyone played Nier? I played the long demo and really loved it. Seems like a very solid game.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 10 April 2017 03:56 PM

I think I might manage P5 first despite being longer, 1-3h chunks might be what I can play, that’s the way I played P4 anyway on the Vita.
Also really want to get into Nier because Platinum

Not a dull moment in P5, man its like best anime…not gonna lie but i am glad this was the last in line of killer releases, it would have been hard to like other games after this

Nier is not best Platinum game in gameplay terms, Transformers,MGR and Bayo2 are still better imo
Combos are limited so things go stale with time, seems like game was on tight budget still scored million sales so its good…for both Yoko and P*

Considering the running around and padding in between, put Nier for later

@soccerdude

yes its good, get it if you like stories

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Bioshock Infinite

Played through it as part of the Bioshock PS4 collection.

Previosu playthrough…

Ignore Bioshock 2, this is the real sequel to Bioshock.

You play Booker DeWitt, a former pinkerton agent who takes on job to clear his debts. His task is to go the the Columbia and rescue a girl called Elizabeth (“Bring us the girl and wipe away the debt”). When you get there you are caught between a civil war between the Purist Americans and the Vox Populi.

Columbia is a city unlike any other. It floats above the clouds and like Rature it is designed as a dystopia, ruled by a few elite people (Primarily Comstock the Prophet). It’s a city rife with racial segregation, false gods and xenophobia.

Walking throught the city is a delight. Irrational excels at drawing you into a place and a time. Posters across the city scream out jingoistic or patriotic messages (“We must all be vigilant to ensure the purity of our people”), oldy music blares out, the design of the buildings and characters all envelop you in the world of Columbia.

Gamplay is similar to Bioshock. Part shooter, part lite-RPG. Early on in the game you get the ususal pistols, machine guns etc for shooting. You also pick up Vigors that gives you various abilities from possessing machines, fire, electricity or water attacks. (all very similar to the mechanics of Bioshock).

You also get a grappling hook pretty early in the game that can be used for traversal and for combat. Mostly it is used to ride the various skyrails around the city. Zipping up and down these rollercoaster style tracks shooting at the emeny, dropping down on them from a great height or just for getting to those hard to reach places.

One of the best things about the game only comes around when you gain Elizabeth as a constant companion. In what is possibly the best video game companion of all time, she can aid you out in a fight by tossing you health or ammo when needed or by opening one of the many tears around Columbia to pull through aid stations, cover or offensive weapons. She is a constant joy to have around and at no point does she become a hinderance.

Storywise the game is a revelation. Ken Levine certainly has a style of story and you can see his fingerprints in this where he has similar traits in previous games. What starts out as a simply rescue the girl story ends up touching aspects of racism, quantum physics and the nature of time and space.

Absolutly superb and by far my favourite game of this year so far.

5/5

The game still stands up today and I still had a ton of fun with it. There have been other companion games that have done it better since, but Elizabeth still stands up. She has skills and helps out with ammo, cover etc. The world still sucks me into it’s fiction and the trippy ending is still great.

Game was easier this time around because it threw a lot of high end effect gear at you early on (old preorder bonuses etc).

Glad I played it.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top