• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiediego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Last finished game

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 07 June 2017 12:34 PM

Teken 7 or Street Fighter 5 or Injustice 2?

Gameplay = GGxrdRev2 > T7 = KI S3 build > SFV > Inj2
Overall = GGxrdRev2 = T7 > rest

Inj2 has amazing campaign and lots of content but gameplay is same NetherRealm clunky shit
If you want to buy one i think Inj2 story quality will satisfy you more or any lover of comics and cinematics

Edit

Just hit me, its 4 generations, in 96 i bought PS for 2 games, Tekken2 and RE
and in 2017 both went back to roots and forward
Time

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 07 June 2017 01:24 PM
SoccerDude28 - 07 June 2017 12:34 PM

Teken 7 or Street Fighter 5 or Injustice 2?

Gameplay = GGxrdRev2 > T7 = KI S3 build > SFV > Inj2
Overall = GGxrdRev2 = T7 > rest

Inj2 has amazing campaign and lots of content but gameplay is same NetherRealm clunky shit
If you want to buy one i think Inj2 story quality will satisfy you more or any lover of comics and cinematics

Edit

Just hit me, its 4 generations, in 96 i bought PS for 2 games, Tekken2 and RE
and in 2017 both went back to roots and forward
Time

No love for SF 5? I am no fighter expert by a long mile, but one of my coworkers who plays competitively in EVO swears by it. He says it is the most technical of all fighters.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 07 June 2017 04:09 PM

No love for SF 5? I am no fighter expert by a long mile, but one of my coworkers who plays competitively in EVO swears by it. He says it is the most technical of all fighters.

Yeah but T7,KI GG beats SFV in EVO/Combobreaker and other tournaments
Its a major flop commercially too and a SF series lover/guru like Daigo will always play and master same title

Just browse ComboBreaker FINALS of all mentioned games and you will agree with me

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 07 June 2017 04:48 PM
SoccerDude28 - 07 June 2017 04:09 PM

Yeah but T7,KI GG beats SFV in EVO/Combobreaker and other tournaments
Its a major flop commercially too and a SF series lover/guru like Daigo will always play and master same title

Just browse ComboBreaker FINALS of all mentioned games and you will agree with me

Metacritic says Injustice 2 is the best, so there you go Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 07 June 2017 05:24 PM

Metacritic says Injustice 2 is the best, so there you go Smile

Salt from other threads seeping here Smile
Wouldn’t mind Inj2 getting better reviews , its not like they put less effort in content
Also more fighters the better, there was a time when fighters were more niche than AG

Now i guess , Inj2 will break record too like MKX…

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Zelda Breath of the wild (Switch)

Had to rush through stuff, not all dungeons done ofcourse

Pros

- Best Zelda ever
- I ended up liking some NPCs and intention of design, its not the best of gaming but better than other zeldas or par with TP
- Music is lowkey but some subtle tracks really help the journey and immersion in uncanny way, esp Lost woods and random cues on mountain tops
- Dungeons are so many, they drain your energy , its basically a dungeon puzzle game first, 120 of them and i think i have not even finished half of them
Lots of trial and error on physics based puzzles
- How dungeons are integrated in openworld exploration is neat, unlock new loot and shit and as a part of multi tier quests
- Quests that are not directed, nothing is directed…select your own order of things
- Emergent gameplay
- Horse and its animations are huge plus…beautiful
- Armors are sexy

Cons

- Bland texturing like Nier automata occasionally on mountains destroy immersion, same for bad trees and slowdowns esp on horse
- Some areas and assets are made on one texture, them boulders
- Some voice acting is utterly bad
- Lack of enemy designs…some are decent other are meh…but they can do some random stuff that make emergent gameplay fun still a major weak point
- Combat is simple , arrows save the day…melee is just there in old archaic fashion
- Different weapons are just skins, some of them unlock elemental and other properties and boomerang is a blessing but to get them is a chore, while same category drops have same use
- Elemental bows are good, but constant degrading and hunting in barren empty world is a chore because
- World can be flat and chore , thankfully you can climb to get out of bad areas quickly
- Boss designs and some major NPC dungeons ripped Sotc colossi blatantly
- World from those colossi looks utterly low res and bad…like switch is out of memory
- Okami still is far better Zelda game and what Zelda missed is complete style, it uses shading on characters while misses on world and mountains…inconsistency that hurts repeated assets
Even dungeons have this rock tile designs repeated over and over, bad modular design like Automata…cheap

Verdict

Feels rushed and fidelity of graphics under utilized, did alot of good things but lacking alot too….solid 8/10

Best bet is to play a remaster on next Nintendo console with fully upgraded textures
Not worthy of buying console unless you are hardcore Zelda fan

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Doing another playthrough of the Batman Arkham series because I haven’t played Arkham Knight yet. First two, especially Arkham City are two of the best games ever made. Just about to start Origins again. Great game as well but not as good.

Can’t wait for Insurgency which is apparently another prequel set a few years after Origins.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Sniper Elite 4

Borrowed this from my Dad.

Joint the Italian resistance in WWII and be a sniper, sniping Nazis.

Pros

* Shoot people just right and Xray vision destruction happens. Watch as your bullet rips apart whichever organ you targetted. There is a wide variety from Testicle to Eye shots. A bit morbid but oddly satisfying. Sound design adds to the ickiness.

* Longshots are pretty satisfying as well as close quarter melle kills. You can also time your shots with the AA guns going off to mask the shot. You also need to take bullet drop into account at longer ranges.

* Levels are open enough that you can choose which way to go and how to complete the missions. Gives a certain amount of freedom and creativity to how you get about. Creep through shipyards or vineyards as you move around beautiful Italy.

* Multiple mission targets in each level. Most of which are pretty fun.

* AI is ok and generally react when the person next to them brain explodes. Sound and bodies send them into hunt mode and when they detect you they do a decent job of flanking and grenade tossing to flush you out.

Cons

* Couldn’t really tell you what the story was as I gave up half way through and just concentrated on shooting people.

* Upgrading is pointless. I finished the game with the same guns I started with and never really bothered picking up any on the battlefield.

Overall it was mediocre and the as fun as the xray stuff is it does get a bit samey.

3/5

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

AM2R

Finishing backlogs, great fan work, puts Ninty to shame, some of the later areas have great sprite work and ofcourse some great Music tracks

Must for MetroidVania fans

Crimzon Clover

One of the better SHMUPS on market, highly recommended for genre fans , great soundtrack

Nuclear Throne

Rami Ismail is famous indie name, i just got into his catalog, not a bad shooter
Similar to EntertheGungeon but more rewarding with some underwhelming artwork
Get it if you are Contra or Gungeon fan

Slain

Shit is fixed now (had glitches), killer pixel art and Ragnar type straight arcade game
Also reminded me of WeaponLord on Genesis, similar gore shit flying across
2D sword slaying with heavy metal music and pixel gorefest

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

I just finished Ginger: Beyond the Crystal. Amazing game.

I would rank it better than:
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Half Life 2
Skyrim
Red Dead Redemption
Monkey Island 2
Final Fantasy VII
Resident Evil 4
Grim Fandango
Ultima VII
Planescape: Torment
Deux Ex
Civilization IV

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Ratchet&Clank; PS4

Best Ratchet yet
Better than uc4, so among best first party western game
Isomniac finally making naughtydog tier game
Great gameplay feel
All old feels better now
Engine and art design are rad
Weapons have great feel and great effects overall
Wide array of worlds with top art
Solid humor
Jetpack is dope , adds alot
Rails are tons of fun
Fast loading
Pixelizer is kick ass

10/10

DriveclubBikes

Amazing gameplay, tracks, weather effects, Bikes detail,Sound aengineering
Nothing much to say except it hits all the right strings and best racer since Pacific Rift
Also best graphics in any racer
Super fast loading

10/10

Thanks to sale got both for 10$ each
Too bad i was sleeping on them

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2017-07-08

PM

Is TEKKEN 7 available on PC?

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Mel - 16 July 2017 12:39 PM

http://store.steampowered.com/app/389730/TEKKEN_7/

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2017-07-08

PM

SoccerDude28 - 16 July 2017 08:33 PM
Mel - 16 July 2017 12:39 PM

http://store.steampowered.com/app/389730/TEKKEN_7/

Nice—thanks!

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

FinalFantasy XII Zodiac Age PS4

PS2 emulator already makes it cool looking but Devs behind Remaster took the matter to next level
Armors shine, hair details, fingers, extra particles and water effects etc list goes on
Ivalice is a gaming wonder in design and among best world design in any media, only made more amazing to look at, new players are in treat and old players will just wonder how beautifully it has aged

Gameplay changes make it much interesting with new jobs and fast forward combat which cuts the fatigue in half and character progression helps auto combat tactics
Old tracks have new beautiful renditions, Hitoshi sakimoto brings Matsuno magical world like FFtactics and VagrantStory to new level

The amount of timelessness kept me wanting Chronocross,Xenogears,VagrantStory and Tactics remakes
Its a peek into strong company Square used to be, last great FF before things went all downhill

Characters, worlds, voice acting and above all classic Matsuno story full of twists , betrayal , conflicting loyalties and friendships with arguably best FF localization

We dont get characters like Auron,lulu, Vincent, Fran, Balthier, Judges and Sephiroth etc anymore

Verdict

Will play FFX remaster again sometime later and will check if FF7R actually manages to wipe level of this experience, but as of now, FF12 remaster is my current best Final Fantasy

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top